yoniGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,099 posts

Posted:
i want to make a glo staff to save money. i was just gonna shove some strobing led's in a tube with a battery and switch.
has anyone made one before . SUCCESFULLY.

UCOF "evolution: Poi -> stick -> hoops -> devil stick -> juggling club -> juggling ball -> crayons."

Supergroovalsticprosifunkstication
In other words, it's the thumps bump

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
[Old link]

Just a small note, Home Of Poi is a massive resource on anything poi or staff related, and all you need do to browse it, is to click on "search" which can located between "main index" and "my home" on the top line in the same bit as where it says your name.

smile

yoniGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,099 posts

Posted:
thnx i was just wonderin if ne1 had used led's cos i'm doing electronics, so i can get the stuff dirt cheap

UCOF "evolution: Poi -> stick -> hoops -> devil stick -> juggling club -> juggling ball -> crayons."

.Morph.SILVER Member
addict
669 posts

Posted:
You can buy acrylic rods....bung an led unit on the ends & shave patterns into the acrylic...works a treat. The only draw-back with them is with the led units on the ends they are prone to being smashed on the ground.

Groovy_DreamSILVER Member
addict
449 posts

Posted:
Don't worry about LED's... they aren't very bright. Use Electroluminescent wire, it looks soooo much better. And when you twirl it strobes so it looks like your staff is in 5 different spots at once. Get the kit that runs off AA batteries (Techno Strobe). You can get it in assorted colours

https://shopping.netsuite.com/s.nl/c.ACCT88394/sc.2/category.221/.f

yoniGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,099 posts

Posted:
cool thanks for that i'll probably use it although to get the brightness for the led's i use superbright ones.
do the electro wires look bright enough though being so thin and all

EpsilonKiasNote to self... Fur + Fire = Hurt.
107 posts

Posted:
www.neonhusky.com

They sell clear staves and streetlights. I think they work pretty good... The only problem is the streetlights cause the break too easy.