Forums > Social Chat > Calling all Liverpudlian spinners

Login/Join to Participate

jexXymember
37 posts

Posted:
oi oi, i've been away a few weeks, in the middle of movin up to liverpool to start uni. Finally settled in, now i wanna get into some proper poi practice. If any one here lives in or around liverpool, or even better is AT liverpool uni, and knows of any meets or would wanna meet up for a session please let me know. Also i'd love to get into a bit of club performing (a bit premature at the mo but i'll b here for a while!). I'm quite interested to know what sorta line my uni takes on practicing with burning parafin around the halls hmmz....

Kurobeimember
786 posts

Posted:
Hey!!

My singer has literally just left Liverpool Uni, I'll have a word with her and see if she can come up with anything.

whats up with all the limitations?

jexXymember
37 posts

Posted:
Wicked

jexXymember
37 posts

Posted:
Sorry to do this but i'm bumping this back up to the front in case i missed any one who might know anything. How else can i find out about fire performers in my area is there an index or anything lol I really need to meet uyp with people!

Pikey PhilGOLD Member
5 posts

Posted:
Heya,
Im at liverpool uni... i tried spinning some fire poi around the halls but it was frowned upon by the security!

Come along to the juggling club on Roscoe Street Thursday evenings... the full details are somewhere else on here.

Keep it Pikey

psycotic_furbyBRONZE Member
Hehe, you said 'Member'
105 posts

Posted:
Huh? Another colossal bump?

Eww, Liza Minelli...

The communists gave my mother a job, teaching sculpture to limbless children.

Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
Hey man! wave Im at JMU (altho Im currently being scorned by my whole year cos I row for Liverpool Uni and my club hoodie had University of Liverpool plastered all over it! ubblol
Was in Liverty Park Halls last year and they didnt like fire at all! In a house down Smithdown now tho with a garden biggrin Much better.
There's no uni club (that I know of) but the juggling club on Roscoe is cool. Its in the art gallery round the corner from Hannah's on Hardman St. Quite a lot of peeps show up doing all types of stuff. Its at 7-10 on thursdays.
There are quite a lot of spinners about and even more in Manchester so we troop over there sometimes for big meets.

AAARRRGGGHHH!!! My giant stick broke!!! In two!!! My stick broke in two!!! ubbcrying

fanged_angelBRONZE Member
poiromaniac
162 posts

Posted:
is roscoe street still on, i tried emailing the guy who runs it an he said it will be back on soon but then never got back to me that was back in september and i still only know 2 other poi`ers an i taught both of them....

LoewanBRONZE Member
and behold!
464 posts

Posted:
I went down to Roscoe the other night and there were no one there for both venues! Anyone know anything this? I am dying for a burn!

Why let your body be a temple? When it can be a theme park?

Wii Console Number: 3294 0297 7824 7498

fanged_angelBRONZE Member
poiromaniac
162 posts

Posted:
i went down the other day an its not on til it gets warmer cos theres no heating there =( an the guy that runs it (mike) told me hes lookin for somewhere new an there will be posters when it opens back up. so i still really only know other poiers who i taught, i seen mike have a little go of his staff tho and he was pretty good imo.