Forums > Social Chat > broken elbow and dislocated knee on birthday from juggling new clubs!

Login/Join to Participate

fussymember
82 posts

Posted:
well, i was juggling clubs juggle for the first time in our family shop and one fell behind me, i turned to pick it up and my collapsed, and i broke elbow! the pain was so much it was numb! i havnt broke anything before and havnt had to go into hospital! i was taken in an ambulance!

i now have a hip to ankle cast on and a sling for my arm!

but it was my 17th birthday on wednesday, the day i done it! i was going to drive after!

the worst thing is that it is on cctv camera! when i get it onto my pc i will get it on here! oh well, oopps!

i will keep you lot up to date on my injuries.

daz

(it took 20 minutes to write that with one hand!)

stupidity is not a crime, you are free to go!!!

DragonFuryBRONZE Member
Draco Iracundia
784 posts

Posted:
sorry to hear dude, hope you get better soon and heal really quick! grouphug

Do we sleep when we die?

.:star:.SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,785 posts

Posted:
hug sounds nasty
hope you get better quickly, how long are you stuck in a cast for?

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
Man thats unlucky . . hope you heal quickly ....
it looks like the number of welsh spinners is never destined to grow...

JonnyRokBRONZE Member
Look! I'm Darth Bunny!
446 posts

Posted:
Ouch! Sounds painful...

Ive never broken anything either, knock on wood (me looks for wood to knock on but has to settle for head)

anyway, hope you get better soon hug

Do what you want coz a pirate is free,
You are a pirate!
Yo ho fiddle dee dee, being a pirate is alright to be,
Do what you want coz a pirate is free,
You are a pirate!

fussymember
82 posts

Posted:
i think i am in this blooming cast for about 3 weeks, not to long but i cant understand why they put my leg in 1 when it is fine to walk with but not on my arm which has a broken elbow?!

thanks guys! *goes tug but remebers broken elbow* oh well! have to settle for this then hug or would you lot rather a beer?! beerchug

daz

CabenTaster of beer, drinker of wine and all around stumbler.
238 posts

Posted:
Sorry to hear about you accident mate...hope all goes well and you have a swift recovery.

My guess as to the leg arm thing is that you have torn the ligaments in your knee, so while you could walk on it if you twisted it again there would be nothing to keep it in place. As for the elbow...if it was in a cast you would end up with it getting "frozen", and would have to go through a sh#t load of physio to get full use. I may be completely wrong, but at least you have one good arm to drink with.

Have fun

A high powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live and too rare to die.

a crowded elevator smells different to a midget

If you take me seriously you would be the only one

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
I've broken my arm twice...... the second time was straight after getting it out of the cast for the first time redface ubblol

Bad luck on it happening and on your birthday of all days hug Just take care and they will both soon heal and you'll be back up juggling and spinning like a loon!

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

fussymember
82 posts

Posted:
well, it was my 17th birthday, so i was going to drive that night! it was too bad to put back into place where i was so i went under general to get it back. 7 hours later! i had to sit in the position i fell for 7 hours! luckily i kind of fell into the recovery 1!

daz

SniperBRONZE Member
Snoochie-boochie-noochies!
663 posts

Posted:
had my jaw broken in 2 places last july & had it wired shut for 6 weeks. (lost over a stone - i'm a scrawny git as it is) police are doing censored all as is to be expected and i'm still waiting to hear from cica.

anyway after a week or 2 you'll only notice it my the lumps of plaster stuck to you so chin up

NoddyToe Poking Bad Boy
2,865 posts

Posted:
hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug

hope you get better soon fussy

and dont worrie about it ive been in hospital for the last 3 christmas's due to head injurys (snowboard related)

Remember.........YOU LOSE!!!

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
wow. I have dislocated my knee spinning before.. It is SO damn painful. I wish you all the best in your recovery!! hug hug

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

fussymember
82 posts

Posted:
well, i thought that if it was dislocated then they could pop it back in there and then, but apparently it was so badly dislocated that i had to go in! bugger.

you could see my knee on the side of my leg! and a shadow on the video where it went to! but i think the pain was so bad that it went numb after a bit! im getting there......

daz