tcwmember
6 posts

Posted:
AHGHARH god dammitwe were meant to do a fire twirling performance with staff at our school social but weve been told no fireahgrhthey allow glowsticks thoughhow many 5 inch glowsticks would be required to soak a cloth that covers a staff with a 4 inch wick?would it look any good at all?even in lit places?its at night the eventplease help!!!(/me extremely pissed off at ppl with authoirty)

gάrbǿaddict
521 posts
Location: Bristol / London / Norwich / Chennai, India (UK) (...

Posted:
I have been told, This is not me, I take no credit for this, that glow stick juice only lasts for minutes once it has been exposed to air. Why don't you just attach glowsticks to the end of your staff or do what thingy does (Fairie firebell) and fill a plastic tube up with glow staicks and plug up the ends. that looks great.hope this helps.peace outgarbo tongue

be excellent to each other: safe:

tcwmember
6 posts

Posted:
oh nO!!!!!i hope they dont last only a few minutes!!!!christ!!!i was thinking it would be very heavy!!!

gάrbǿaddict
521 posts

Posted:
They only last a few minutes when you take the juice out of the plastic.peace outgarbo tongue[This message has been edited by garbo (edited 28 March 2001).]

tcwmember
6 posts

Posted:
just tested this todaylucky garbo's source was wrongi was scared4 hours have past as of now and the tissue i soaked is still glowing bright blueWEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAWWWW

gάrbǿaddict
521 posts

Posted:
Hey, i posted a message at https://www.homeofpoi.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000363.htmlat
as you can see got told that they didn't last for long at all.cheers I have have to try that.peace outgarbo tongue

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
thats pretty cool idea...i alwys thought that if that chemical got on you, it would eat you skin off or cause your unborn children to have three arms...well at least half of theory hasbenn diproven.Hee heeSuper'------------------"Only the warrior that hears the call will know when to leave, Where to go" -unknown

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

TaiGuymember
127 posts

Posted:
Well, true that it sucks to not be able to use fire at your school social. Also true is that it's probably a good idea not to wink So your school adminastrators were smart in doing that [heck i know my school admins would never let me even think of spinning fire at a social]. As for using glowstick juice... I don't know what type of glowstick you're using [uranium rod maybe???] but none of mine last longer than 15 minutes exposed to air. and they're completely faded after those 15 minutes. ------------------"Happiness is not a destination, but a method for life"- Burton Hills

The reason communism doesn't work is because people like to own stuff

xesmember
5 posts

Posted:
when i was in the 6th grade i played with one of those glowstick, i cracked it up and poured some on my arm, it didnt hurt at all, really! is was kinda cool, looked like some weird mutant blood or something back then (I WAS ONLY 10 YEARS OLD damnit!!)... anyway, i still have some marks from that accident, it has some weirdass effect on ur skin... too good it was only a couple of spots..so i guess its pretty toxic and it DOESNT run off after 10 mins... or maybe thats just the stuff "they" sell here in israel wink

tcwmember
6 posts

Posted:
well the ones i tested ended up lasting a full 12 hours glowingstarted fading after 3 hours thoughthe oens i ended up testing were little 2.5 inch ones

frodusmember
92 posts

Posted:
They have some 5 minute and 30 minute high intensity orange and white glowsticks near me. They are like $1.30 a piece. I broke some outside, and they glowed bright. When i broke some inside (orange) they lit a 20 foot area REALLY well, almost as much as fire. They got peoples attention pretty well.

Peace,Travis IM: frodus17