Page:
AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
ubbrollsmile
Hi guys,
here's a little post to let you all know about a little weekend down the irish countryside in early july put together by the collaborative efforts of all involved and me on the phoneo for hours on end
On July-9th-2005 in Birr Co.Offaly the Birr Theatre and Arts Centre will host the newest flip-flop production...a night to tell the grandkids about...its the
Flip-Flop Fantasmagoria -+-with scratchin sounds from DJs Deviant&Jimmy (3-deck showcase,Galway)-+-
-+-Acrobatics (Jambo brothers, East Africa)-+- Modern-Glo-Dance (as seen on Australian T.V.)-+-The slide show (a silent move juggling show from Te-Pooka's Ewan Colsell and Veronique Provencher)-+-Circudelic ('the new sheet' by Mariosa and Aengus,Galway+Denmark)-+-and whats this?...ACTUAL ROUTINES by the boys of Flip-Flop(Glo-Poi, 1&2Diabolos,and some staffisms perhaps)-+-JP on the DJ battling puppet(Canada)-+-all a\ved over with projection from Eyedrenalin ( last years audio-visuals for Aphex twin no-less!!)-+- all rounded off with a night of festivities including Games, a RENEGADE STAGE, and sounds into the night at the FF-AfterParty in an,as-yet undisclosed location...
So get your camping gear sorted and keep in touch with us for updates and booking details at flipflopproductions@hotmail.com
p.s tickets cost 12euros for jugglers spinners dancers and carnies of all descriptions, the parties free with food for sale, and the following day there'll be an open-circus-sunday in either the local park or the castle gardens with more music food and fun for all

biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Damn right. Cos if you try to get out of my car while it's moving I shall leave you in the middle of the countryside without any money, drugs or alcohol.

smile

Getting to the other side smile

taintedaddict
422 posts

Posted:
eek eek eek eek eek eek eek eek eek eek eek eek eek eek eek eek eek eek eek eek eek eek eek eek Ill be good i swear...............................................

There are no stupid questions, only stupid answers...

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Oh...it seems perhaps the duo wont be coming alas, i'm still trying to twist the anntenna...

imprettylikedrugskicking cucumbers constantly : )
160 posts

Posted:
The rubber heart Duo would be sweet (needless to say) but the show will be feckin great all the same if they cant come. so dont sweat it Emhin (am i finally spelling your name right?) Stomach ulcers from stress are no fun, i'll be delighted with camping, watching some Zen Diablo and poi work, spliffin (will your mother be Ok with this!?!?! or is your Garden a "smoke free zone?" ) and just hanging around with friends, so Relax and take it easy !!! meditate ubbtickled

see you soon !!!!

Today's subliminal thought is : " . ; ..." that is all.

doctor_fandangoGOLD Member
co-director of A.C.B.I.S.H.A.
761 posts
Location: in the corner beside the filing cabinets, 2nd floo...

Posted:
why does everyone keep writing evan's name with an 'mh'?

There's no place like 127.0.0.1, There's no place like 127.0.0.1, There's no place like 127.0.0.1,

"in most of our friends we're the hippies. but we have hippie friends of our own.. its like a dog having its own pet" - H. Sinoquet 19-03-2005

FabergéGOLD Member
veteran
1,459 posts

Posted:
coz it's spelt 'eimhin'

just like your's is spelt 'barry'

tongue

My mind not only wanders, it sometimes leaves completely smile

761 posts

Posted:
is that true evan?

There's no place like 127.0.0.1, There's no place like 127.0.0.1, There's no place like 127.0.0.1,

"in most of our friends we're the hippies. but we have hippie friends of our own.. its like a dog having its own pet" - H. Sinoquet 19-03-2005

FabergéGOLD Member
veteran
1,459 posts

Posted:
spank silly boy

My mind not only wanders, it sometimes leaves completely smile

imprettylikedrugskicking cucumbers constantly : )
160 posts

Posted:
Cheers Faberge, now you covered the board in a thick dripping layer of Sarcasm.....

Ugh, its such a hard, persistant stain to get off.

by the way, last night was quite the enjoyable little juggly session for me, except for the rain.

Today's subliminal thought is : " . ; ..." that is all.

RonopotamusGOLD Member
addict
412 posts

Posted:
Oi Eimhinakildisildof! (thats his real name by the way smile)
Where are you? I sent out the pilf and polf, our two most trusted homing pigeons, and you're no where to be found. I've heard of rumours and sightings....anyway give me a shout,
and anyone who sees the elusive fecker tell him to ring me! smile

Cunning plans to discuss with you!

Don't bolt your door with a boiled carrot...

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Post deleted by flip

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Hi guys, thanks to every one for posting!!
biggrin biggrin
It took me a while to figure out that my faveourites thread listing wasn't lying by telling me there was new lovelyness up here and that this thread is now 2 PAGES LONG wave hi guys!!
As for the name, it means - that which exists in the middle!
Ă© i mhĂ­ ann Ă©imhĂ­n - to spell it in its origionality. Surprisingly my old folks didn't know this and it was up to an old mysterious man to tell me who added the sub-title "a balance of dark and light where light shines", needless to say my life's been a delusional dreamy shambles ever since ,
well every so often at least...
Dr, whatsits, you will be reunited with your long lost surgical-tool of the twirlgical worldgical at the fff as i have found him hiding in a galway hippy juggling squat...coming from the medical background myself, i can't understand what gave him that idea ubbtickled
Oh and cameron, thanks for the words, and coinkydinkly, the Zen approach or at least the Taoist approach will be the order of the weekend wherever possible-- non-intervention and non-action with as little sense of self and as few desires as possible meditate
in all cases except for when i need to get in gear rollin spliffies down by the river lolsign Guys the posters are on the way to material existence today ( with the help of zhivago- who gave us a cool undred bucks to print 'em -nice one-Joe) So if any one thinks it'd be worthwhile putting them up anywhere give me an address and theres less of a lightlyhood that it still won't happen...um...lets just say i have an idea of myself-only kidding I'll do me level best!
Keep your eyes on the entertainment and leisure supplement in the Irish Times this saturday and tune into the tippFM- live from the foodfair- show(SUNDAY AT 3) for more details wow
Guys and Gals, thanks for being there interested willing and other such positivities...IT IS NOW ONLY ONE WEEK AWAY bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 grouphug

RonopotamusGOLD Member
addict
412 posts

Posted:
Just off the phone to eimhin, and seems like there's a lot of interest in the gig, and just a bit worried that someone might arrive late and be ticketless, after all that travelling! so give the birr theater a ring (050922911) and pre book them
see ye all soon!

RonopotamusGOLD Member
addict
412 posts

Posted:
How to get to Birr.
From Dublin:
There is a cheap bus (€ 12 return ), Kearn's, which leaves from Cathal Brugha Street, just off o'connell street,, it leaves from the back railings on the left hand side of the street, at 5pm and again at 6pm on friday ph 050920124 to find sat times and other times and times

From Galway:
Kearn's bus leaves from the Foster car park where city link leaves from, €12 return, at 5.30pm friday...not sure about sat times, see above phone number

From Cork:
Afraid the only way I figured out is smelly old bus eireann rip off merchants, take the athlone bus at 9.20 or 15.00. Or better off hitch or find a lift.

EVERYONE IS WELCOME TO COME ON FRIDAY! To start the weekend's festivities of jugglyjuggle, twirlyweavesmiley, goodness/madness/civilised, i'll have one sugar please. And to put up yer tents!
ubbrollsmile
Can't wait to see ye!bounce2 bounce bounce2
Ronan

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Hi Guys,
should any of y'all need any extra details- givusabuzz on 0509-23895 or ronan at 086-0621471.
The supposed ticket problem seems to have been a bit ambitous so I should tell ye all that its no longer a problem and there is loads of tent space for ye with a little outside loo and a bar-b-q too clap
Guys and Gals, we can't wait to meet and greet you all, enjoy the space of life between,
e...

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Excellent biggrin clap

So without ticketing worries... I guess I could come down Friday and stay til Sunday biggrin

Good luck lads hug

x

761 posts

Posted:
removed by the dR
EDITED_BY: doctor_fandango (1120581529)

761 posts

Posted:
ronan is the shiznit.. cant wait to go to birr!!!!!!!!!

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
grouphug

smile

761 posts

Posted:
clare, either you or ronan have to change avtars, cos i keep thinking you are doing his posts and he's doing yours.. very confumbling!!!

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
I don't see avatars... cos my computer is crap, I have avatars and signatures turned off.

biggrin tongue

Edit: Ahha! Ok then, they're quite similar. But no. You shall just have to read the names instead smile
EDITED_BY: Firepoise (1120583523)

761 posts

Posted:
well i guess its my own fault for not looking properly, they are both kik a$$ avtars tho.

lads, do yous have any advice for how to get to the camping area from the kearn's bus stop in birr?

also, i'll be heading from cathal bruagh street with helene at 6 on friday, anyone joining us on that trip??

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
i'll be coming to meet you guys off the bus at about eight methinks...there should be quite a few of you guys and gals on that bus, the galway crew arrive at about the same time so I think we'll all go for beerchug and grouphug at the chestnut , a great pub just off the square which you should be able to see from the bus stop...its up the road beside the bank of ireland!
Look out for a girl with messy blondish dreads,her name is Chrissi...if you see her tell her i love her ubblove
Enjoy the ride guys rolleyes

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
ubblol

There are people coming from Belfast too, y'know!!

We'll be arriving at some time... not sure when cos it's going to be a frickin long drive, but we'll try to time it around 7.30/8pm... where can we park? Or meet you?

RonopotamusGOLD Member
addict
412 posts

Posted:
Hey Clare...or are you me? Damn avatars! wink
Sounds like everyone will be meeting in town around 8 at the chestnut pub (see Eimhin's post above), and then heading to eimhins to camp, he lives a little outside town, 5/10 min walk, 2 min drive.
Give me a shout on my mobile a bit closer to the time if you need directions, information, etc.
Nice one to Eimhin for organising this shindig, I've been in birr the last few days and he's been phoning, meeting and bribing left right and centre trying to get this thing organised...go on ya good thing! hug
see ye all soon ubbrollsmile

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Yah for Eimhin!! bounce hug bounce

And mucho thanks to my male alterego for the tips... I shall be calling you tomorrow hug

For those who get confused in Birr... Ronan is the more talented, beautiful one of us biggrin

ubblol

761 posts

Posted:
well dont say that, then people will beconfused between me and ronan

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
biggrin

taintedaddict
422 posts

Posted:
I got my tent (poles / pegs n all) and im ready to go. Although just finished a night shift so gotta get a wee bit of kip first night night hug See you all in a few hours time beerchug grouphug grouphug grouphug

There are no stupid questions, only stupid answers...

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
[Disclaimer] I have not actually read this thread [/Disclaimer]

So at this event you get to run around flipflop in hand slapping each other?

Is it a regular event because I like the sound of that biggrin ?

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

Page: