MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Ok, we know of a few spinners in New York City, including NYC himself, Regyt, and...gee, is that it?

Who else? Well, there's me soon... weavesmiley

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

rbmnycBRONZE Member
lurker
194 posts

Posted:
Welcome to NY. But if you know NYC - then you already know about weekly meet-ups - Thursdays, Thompkins Square Park 6pm-dark - or later if you've got glowing things. Fair warning though - we've been overrun by the hoopers (me, included).

fNiGOLD Member
master of disaster
3,354 posts

Posted:
i'll be home in about 2 weeks, then i'll be around for fun spinny action biggrin

kyrian: I've felt your finger connect with me many times
lou kitten: sneaky little meatball..
ezz: please corrupt me more

webdaemonBRONZE Member
40 posts

Posted:
i live in NYC and i go to school near tompkins square park send me an email when you guys wanna spin.

webdaemon666[AT]gmail[DOT]com <---- sorry about that but these companys bots get my email and send me crap when i type it like x@x.x

RayinRedSILVER Member
39 posts

Posted:
I'm in NY and will be coming out once my staff comes in the mail

OlympiasEpiriotenewbie
12 posts

Posted:
 Written by: rbmnyc

Welcome to NY. But if you know NYC - then you already know about weekly meet-ups - Thursdays, Thompkins Square Park 6pm-dark - or later if you've got glowing things. Fair warning though - we've been overrun by the hoopers (me, included).

Hey! What with the nice weather, I've been keeping an eye out for the spinners when I'm out in the evening. You all returning to Tompkins Square Park this year?

I'm still just audience, but, hey, that might change.

peace

OlympiasEpiriotenewbie
12 posts

Posted:
Last night, THURSDAY April 27th, I saw two spinners on the center lawn of Tompkins Square Park. Actually, not fire. Glow Sticks. But, it was nice to see.

Anyone else going to be there next week?

tomxnewbie
1 post

Posted:
hey guys... add one more spinner to your list.
will be spinning at brighton beach 2night from about 8pm onwards. its an awsome spot for fire. will be back there again same time next week (thursday).

spin on over for some firey goodness if you want.
(Q train takes you right there... easy ride)

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
'ello ello

I am coming over to New York tomorrow and will be in NYC for a day next sat (9th) if anyone fancys showing me around a bit that'd be ace.... wink

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
Have a great trip Matty- NYC is great (make sure Lightning takes you out for a Manhatten smile)

fNiGOLD Member
master of disaster
3,354 posts

Posted:
oh c'mon....I get back the weekend after... frown frown

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
Well I had a fun day out, but it was a quite busy being the run up to christmas and all... Looks like I will be heading out again at the end of Jan 22-26 plus a few days holidays too . . (I actually end up staying in Princeton NJ for the course..) so another chance to possibly meet some of you peeps

Matt

fNiGOLD Member
master of disaster
3,354 posts

Posted:
grrrr the week after i'm back at school.... if its tempting, rovo's gonna be up in boston on the 20th ubbangel

ConstantinaSILVER Member
stranger
17 posts

Posted:
WOAH!

didn't realize this thread existed!

Is Thompson square still an ongoing thing?

I'm a newbie that used to do poi upstate NY with a juggling club, but i transferred schools and now I don't know anyone that spins here, that I could learn a thing or two from. I've just been kinda stagnant with skill development recently...

fNiGOLD Member
master of disaster
3,354 posts

Posted:
i'll be back in NY soon smile

RovoGOLD Member
(the person actually known as Chris Bailey)
544 posts

Posted:
I'll be in NYC to meet Noel for a few days of spinny goodness on December 27th. Would any NYC poi people like to get together on that day for a spin or to do anything really.

Peace, Love, Circles

RovoGOLD Member
544 posts

Posted:
the 28th, practice session, sometime and somewhere in NYC. More info here...

https://nyfire.tribe.net/thread/17014b8f-afad-4fe1-b337-347695137134

Peace, Love, Circles

Kathain_BowenGood Ol' Yarn For Hair
422 posts

Posted:
I know it's really bloody cold out, but do you guys still spin.

I'm cold and lonely in NJ without anyone in my area to spin with, but right on the NJT Shore Line. Any chance you could take a shivering, huddling girl in for some spinning? Please? *pouty lips* *doe eyes* pretty please?

Without my old "master" of sorts, I seem to have hit the end of what I can teach myself without being able to watch moves and break them down with my own eyes. That, and my boobies, shoulders, and the backs of my thighs don't appreciate my attempts at BTB much.... redface

"So long and thanks for all the fish."

RovoGOLD Member
544 posts

Posted:
Hello! Thursday nights in NYC there have been regular practices in a dance studio and there are some workshops coming up in NYC as well, actually this weekend I think. All the info is on tribe.net in the New York City Fire Tribe. Here's the link and I hope you get to meet some of the wonderful spinners in the NY fire community.

https://nyfire.tribe.net/

Happy Spinning!

Peace, Love, Circles

jecaMember
1 post

Posted:
Where can one buy fire poi in NYC?
Is there any spot where you people gather, and
share your wisdom and skill with people
passing trough the city....

Puresockaddict
406 posts

Posted:
Hi there, I'm coming to NYC on the 30th June until 16th August. I know it's a fair while away but I thought I'd say hello to you all now. Hello!
EDITED_BY: Puresock (1175606698)

"Take that, math!"

Kathain_BowenGood Ol' Yarn For Hair
422 posts

Posted:
Hey- before beach season gets into the swing, anyone want to get together a group spin field trip before we actually have to bay for beach passes? (either NJ, NY, or Long Island)

"So long and thanks for all the fish."

fNiGOLD Member
master of disaster
3,354 posts

Posted:
i think there may be something this weekend

FireBirdSpiritnewbie
4 posts

Posted:
Hey folks,
It's been a while since I have posted here since I am glued to tribe most of the time. I have been the one putting together the dance studio practice which has now died down cause the weather was suppossed to be nice. And yet, it still feels like February. I was going to do a poi thing with Ben or fNi, but my schedule changed. That's a constant problem. My schedule. Hopefully, the weather will be nice enough soon to re-start the thompkins sq park on thurs. Don't know when that will be yet. But if any other practices before that come up, I'll post here too. ok? Take care and hope for some nice weather in NYC. Laters!
FBS

Puresockaddict
406 posts

Posted:
So yeah, I fly out to NYC for a month and a bit on Saturday the 30th June. Are there any regular meets happening, or failing that, does anyone want to adopt me for a few days?

"Take that, math!"

szuroffBRONZE Member
1 post

Posted:
I just started poi... will be moving to New York at the start of August... definitely interested in meeting more people who might be able to coach me along, or other beginners to practice with!

eibenBRONZE Member
1 post

Posted:
Hi,

I came to NY before 2 month. I'm from Czech republic a and I want to stay1 year here . I'm big foreigner and I'm also begginer with poi. Where can I find place and people for poi in NY?

Thanks!

RovoGOLD Member
544 posts

Posted:
If you guys join tribe.net and search for the New York Fire Tribe they are always posting about meet-ups and gathernigs going on in the city. There are also a couple email lists out there dealing specifically with fire in NYC.

I hope that helps!

Peace, Love, Circles