Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > Close your eyes while doing poi

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
ThylithBRONZE Member
19 posts

Posted:
I've been poi:ing (?) for almost two weeks now and I've learned alot. It's really fun and cool, and I really think that it's time for me to order some real poi so I get used to something else than my homemade made of simple rope.....

Anyhow, I didn't know when I could say that I can master a move, so I tried to close my eyes while doing it... DANG! I slapped to poi into my face.... This was when I was doing reversed BTB weave... So, I tried another move, some simple weave, reversed weave, and BTB weave... I did it! With closed eyes! Now I can do 360 degrees turn while doing the weave and with closed eyes! It's a really good training to see if you really are that good that you believe! Well, I guess you veterans allready knew this, but I found it very helpful!

So, all newbies out there, try it out! It makes you feel more secure on the move! weavesmiley

Hanzveteran
1,328 posts

Posted:
I hvaent done moves joined together with my eyes closed, but in the last few weeks I have been seriously getting into it more, and whenever I think I have a move I try it with my eyes closed, and find when my eyes are open I am alot better with the trick...

Does anyone know why this happens?

zarkiaBRONZE Member
98 posts

Posted:
wow closed eyes spinning sounds cool. i'll have to try it sometime. generally when i spin i'm not focused on anything + tend to look directly ahead.

Lawn GnomeBRONZE Member
7 posts

Posted:
My favorite is to spin with my eyes closed and some Apcalyptic playing...you can just feel everything and it doesnt matter if anyone is watching because you dont notice them....lovely!

SpiderbabySILVER Member
c",
199 posts

Posted:
I just tried it and had no problems. Only when i do weaving turns i trip over stuff. ubbloco
Here's another thing for you. Have you ever tried to spin tricks with one poi? I tried it but i could only do it if i let my empty hand move about as it would if i was using the 2 poi. If i try to keep the empty hand still it wont work and i hit myself. It looks really weird with the empty hand still moving as if spinning invisible poi.

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
I can do most of my airwraps and nexus moves with my eyes closed. It's reflex after a few thousand reps anyways. You could do it if you were sleeping at that point.

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
although, it is cool to visuallize the poi as you spin, helps you know how much is reflex and how much you actually know what you are really doing.

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

Page: