Forums > Social Discussion > The HOP UK Visitor's Phone

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
So as those of you who followed my trip to England may know, my first action upon arrival was to get a mobile phone. This is because not having a mobile phone for a month is about the most crippling social ailment one can have.

Now that I'm back in the US, I still have the phone, but it's useless here. So I'm going to send the phone back to England where it will reside under the kind roof of Mr. Chutney.

I had a pay-as-you-go Virgin SIM card, but Virgin Mobile is pants, (12p a minute and 12p a text? I think NOT!) so I'm going to recommend that a non-Virgin SIM card go in. Anyway, it'll be a couple of weeks before it gets back to him, but all UK visitors may make use of the phone once we get it sorted.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

Helz BellzSILVER Member
lovin' it...
2,444 posts

Posted:
Chutney - hug I saw Tom at the weekend. He was going to send the Sim card to us, as he's also got our spare house keys.... but yeah - email him and I'm sure he'll send it to you direct.

hug2

Live well, love much, laugh often...

Official O.B.E.S.E. cheerleader

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
Helz- thanks:0 I emailed Tom the other day so we'll see where the simm goes- if it turns up with you could you pm me and I'll give you my address smile hug thanks smile

The phone, once reuinuted with its Simm, is being seconded for a special purpose until further notice I'm afraid- this is not the end of the offer, but it will be off the cards for the next couple of months by the looks of things. If you are interested in borrowing it, please do post here or PM me though, as other phones have been offered and may e in circulation by the time of your visit.

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
got your pm ucof but need a place to send it to please smile

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
I have this theory that if I post here Doc will tell me whether the phones' been posted or not....

I'm leaving on the 4th, at that, and live about a day further away in mail service than you'd think often.. just checking in- cheers boy, try for a good day! smile
EDITED_BY: Kyrian (1130244788)

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
BUMPETY BUMP!

Does the HOP UK Visitors phone still appeal to any travelling hoppers out there? I have the SIMM and can easily source a handset from somewhere... Your thoughts good people?

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
I still ahve it. I have some stuff for Twobags that I'm going to mail back... I'll toss the phone in there. But I have no idea where the charger went and I'm sure the SIM is no good by now because they probably reassigned the number (what with it being over 2 years now and all).

-Mike

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
As I remember Mikes handset was a Nokia... with a Torch! wink

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
It was a Nokia, but it uses the older charger, not the new Nokia charger.

-Mike

Page: