Page:
CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
Hello smile

well reading and thinking about Jo s thread about social skills and having mentioned this MBTI personality test here are a couple of links to simplified versions of it

Like every test, it is JUST a test about JUST one aspect of us, life and others...

yet it is interesting as long as you see it for what it is.... it is interesting to see that there is no right or wrong personality, just different types who may get along or not...

I did the practitioner s version of it with our psychology teacher during the massage diploma and learnt a fair bit about myself ( I am inbetween an ESFJ and ENFJ mainly I am HUGELY and F and strongly an E and 60% J, N and S are perfectly balanced) and others... (sometimes we learn from the type we ASSUME our otehr half/friends are versus what they really are... like ssuming someone is a thinker when in fact they are very emotional just do nto express it the same way...

I found for example the difference between Introvert and Extrovert to be of much interest. it was not about extroverts are loud people who depend on others and introverts are socially handicapped people... rather it was explaining that it is about where we draw our ressources, our energy from. I draw it from looking outwards at the world, at others... and Introvert will recharge their batteries on their own possibly in a lonely, closed place.

both can be equally open to the world and free, it is just different ways to approach the world and both are ok... wish someone had told me that before...

Funnily enough I have almost always been drawn to introverts because they feel very complementary i suppose...

interesting to see where you would want an opposite type and where you would need someone to ressemble you...

Jung Typology Test

MBTI Personality type test

for whatever it is worth, I would be very interested to get your feedbacks and opinions

shine on

cass

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Written by: Cassandra

I found for example the difference between Introvert and Extrovert to be of much interest. it was not about extroverts are loud people who depend on others and introverts are socially handicapped people... rather it was explaining that it is about where we draw our ressources, our energy from. I draw it from looking outwards at the world, at others... and Introvert will recharge their batteries on their own possibly in a lonely, closed place.

Maybe this is better expressed as saying that an introvert draws energy from time alone with their own thoughts and feelings, and sometimes from interactions with one or two others.

I am an introvert, and this idea often resonnates with me. An extrovert will walk into a crowded room and think "wow, all these people, I want to talk to everyone!!" whereas an introvert will walk into the same room and think "wow, all these people, I want to find a person to talk to".

hug

Thank you for the ideas and references Cass.
EDITED_BY: Rozi (1117425261)

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
I am ESTJ. Although I only fit some of the description. shrug

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Interesting

slightly expressed introvert

distinctively expressed sensing personality

very expressed feeling personality

moderately expressed perceiving personality

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

mycoBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,084 posts

Posted:
slightly expressed extrovert
moderately expressed intuitive personality
distinctively expressed feeling personality
moderately expressed judging personality

I've never taken a personality test which has told me that i'm extroverted, generally the results say that i am strongly introverted. i always hated this, because i felt that it meant that i was socially awkward, which is something i feel quite self conscious about.

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
On both I am an ENFP...Extrovert (33%), Intuitive (25%), Feeler (50%), Perceiver (11%)

moderately expressed extrovert

moderately expressed feeling personality

slightly expressed perceiving personality

and it fits me pretty well. PWB brought home one of these tests only it was pages long and I took it (he had to do it for a team building exercise). Same outcome. It's nice to know that it is at least consistent, or at least that I am. lol

I thrive in an external headspace, but still need my "me" time to regain clarity...something I have always known.

I am also a Type C on the whole Alpha scale.
Type A are those who are automatic leaders (usually extroverts)
Type B are those who are automatic followers (usually introverts)
Type C are those comfortable in either role and will fill the position needed most.

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

Sakura_MoonHop's Kitten Jester.
1,803 posts

Posted:
ENFP...
Couldnt be bothered taking the long one

.:Pink Exocutioner:.

I am Jack's Raging Bile Duct...

Loving you from the deepest part of my loins.

KatchGOLD Member
Beach bum
162 posts

Posted:
ENFP--- Kiersey test. Although I have a bit of S and J as well...

Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.
-Franklin P. Jones

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
ENFP
(Extravert, Intuitive, Feeler, Perceiver)

People of this type tend to be: enthusiastic, talkative, and outgoing; clever, curious, and playful; deeply caring, sensitive, and gentle; highly innovative, creative, optimistic, and unique; adaptable and resourceful but sometimes disorganized.

The most important thing to ENFPs is freedom to see possibilities, make connections, and be with a variety of people.

Love is the law.

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
the humanmetrics one gave me a:
Extroverted Sensing Thinking Perceiving
Strength of the preferences %
78 1 1 33

The other one gave me:
Life as an ENFP
(Extravert, Intuitive, Feeler, Perceiver)

But the first one can spell extrovert properly, so i'll go with that one.

"beg beg grovel beg grovel"
"master"
--FSA

"There was an arse there, i couldn't help myself"
--Rougie

quietanalytic
503 posts

Posted:
ENFP [kiersey]

ture na sig

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
Life as an ENTP

(Extravert, Intuitive, Thinker, Perceiver)

People of this type tend to be: friendly, charming, and outgoing; quick-witted, energetic, and irreverent; ingenious, imaginative, and creative; curious, flexible, and unpredictable; logical and analytical.

The most important thing to ENTPs is being creative, seeing possibilities, and always having new challenges.

smile

and the long one came back as ENFP

You are:

* very expressed extrovert

* moderately expressed intuitive personality

* very expressed feeling personality

* slightly expressed perceiving personality

both results are quite similar.

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
INTJ - With both the I/E & T/F spectrum being very close. The T/F is so close in fact that in taking the tests on different days I sometimes end up as INFJ.

Interesting side of the Myers-Briggs personality stuff is the shadow side. There is a theory that under immense pressure we lean towards behaving like our opposite (so I would become an ESFT). However as this is our lesser developed approach, as it is not used so often, we often demonstrate the juvenile or destructive behaviours associated with this personality type, rather than the mature, constructive side of it.

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

Adya MiriyanaGOLD Member
*slou?
6,554 posts

Posted:
Your Type is
INFJ
Introverted Intuitive Feeling Judging

Life as an INFP
(Introvert, Intuitive, Feeler, Perceiver)

People of this type tend to be: quiet, reserved, and kind; deeply passionate, sensitive, and easily hurt; loving and dedicated to those close to them; creative, original, and imaginative; curious and flexible in small matters; nonconforming.

The most important thing to INFPs is their deeply held beliefs and living in harmony with their values.

GherkinGOLD Member
Inventor
117 posts

Posted:
INTP

KatchGOLD Member
Beach bum
162 posts

Posted:
Written by: ado-p

Lets face it Katch, your here, and we're all weird here smile

Hey Ado-p...This was from the other thread. Interesting to see how many ENFP's there are in this forum. And even more intriguing that you registered that as well. wink I'm beginning to believe you... biggrin Perhaps it's time to start a personality poll.

Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.
-Franklin P. Jones

NucleopoiBRONZE Member
chemical attraction
1,097 posts

Posted:
ITCJ

But i find as going through the steps i was inbetween the two options or did both.

Jomember
517 posts

Posted:
INTP
Introverted Intuitive Thinking Perceiving
78 12 25 67

good topic Cass, thanks for your thoughts in my thread too hug

Jo.

Educate yourself in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
ENFP
Extravert, Intuitive, Feeler, Perceiver

me down to a T really.

marcoenthusiast
328 posts

Posted:
I've always come out on MBTI personality inventories as a very strong INTP, also similar results on the minasota muliphasic inventory, both the online version (no longer available) and the professional psychological instrument.

Introverted : Intuitive : Thinking : Perceiving

89 : 88 :88 :90

mark

Clinical psychologist in training

SniperBRONZE Member
Snoochie-boochie-noochies!
663 posts

Posted:
Introverted Sensing Feeling Judging
44 12 12 44

haven't got a clue what it means tho can anyone explain? pm if you don't wanna mess the thread up

JauntyJamesSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,533 posts

Posted:
I am who I am. I don't need a test to tell me that, nor words to describe it. I'm friendly and full of love and that's good enough for me.

-James

"How do you know if you're happy or sad without a mask? Or angry? Or ready for dessert?"

Anna-panannaThinking...
179 posts

Posted:
I'm ENTJ:
moderately expressed extrovert
slightly expressed thinking personality
distinctively expressed judging personality

Slightly concerned to find I share my personality type with Margaret Thatcher and Jim Carrey!

Practice as if your hair was on fire...

Anna-panannaThinking...
179 posts

Posted:
How strange, I just took the other test (MBTI one) which says I'm an INTP (Introvert, Intuitive, Thinker, Perceiver)...which one should I believe?

Practice as if your hair was on fire...

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
long one - INFJ

short one - ENTJ

I trust the long one more as it asks more specific questions, and I think it describes me better- Although I'm not socially shy, I definately value my alone time a lot more.

Live like there is no tomorrow,
dance like nobody is watching
and hula hoop like wiggling will save the world.

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.â€

Ralph Waldo Emerson

polaritySILVER Member
veteran
1,228 posts

Posted:
INT/FP

Can't easily place myself as a thinker or feeler because I can do both pretty well.

I'm as happy with a tarot deck or doing some really complex programming.

You aren't thinking or really existing unless you're willing to risk even your own sanity in the judgment of your existence.

Green peppers, lime pickle and whole-grain mustard = best sandwich filling.

spritieSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,014 posts

Posted:
Lightning, it looks like we are both in the same boat. I'm ESTJ also and it only half fits me as well.

RicheeBRONZE Member
HOP librarian
1,841 posts

Posted:
What about IQ tests smile

POI THEO(R)IST

littlespacebugBRONZE Member
44 posts

Posted:
ENFP

" ENFPs have what some call a "silly switch." They can be intellectual, serious, all business for a while, but whenever they get the chance, they flip that switch and become CAPTAIN WILDCHILD, the scourge of the swimming pool, ticklers par excellence. Sometimes they may even appear intoxicated when the "switch" is flipped. "

haa what a funny analysis! ubbrollsmile

Sir Nuggit....is a liability
899 posts

Posted:
I did the Myers Briggs test at uni and got ENTP and ENFP - confused the hell out of my lecturer ubblol

Can't remember what they mean but I remember being impressed by the translation at the time.

Pull my pin out, roll me in to a room and see what happens ubbloco

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Jung says:

Your Type is
ESFJ
Extroverted Sensing Feeling Judging
78 75 12 22

MBTI says: Life as an ESFP
(Extravert, Sensor, Feeler, Perceiver)