Page:
CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
Hello smile

well reading and thinking about Jo s thread about social skills and having mentioned this MBTI personality test here are a couple of links to simplified versions of it

Like every test, it is JUST a test about JUST one aspect of us, life and others...

yet it is interesting as long as you see it for what it is.... it is interesting to see that there is no right or wrong personality, just different types who may get along or not...

I did the practitioner s version of it with our psychology teacher during the massage diploma and learnt a fair bit about myself ( I am inbetween an ESFJ and ENFJ mainly I am HUGELY and F and strongly an E and 60% J, N and S are perfectly balanced) and others... (sometimes we learn from the type we ASSUME our otehr half/friends are versus what they really are... like ssuming someone is a thinker when in fact they are very emotional just do nto express it the same way...

I found for example the difference between Introvert and Extrovert to be of much interest. it was not about extroverts are loud people who depend on others and introverts are socially handicapped people... rather it was explaining that it is about where we draw our ressources, our energy from. I draw it from looking outwards at the world, at others... and Introvert will recharge their batteries on their own possibly in a lonely, closed place.

both can be equally open to the world and free, it is just different ways to approach the world and both are ok... wish someone had told me that before...

Funnily enough I have almost always been drawn to introverts because they feel very complementary i suppose...

interesting to see where you would want an opposite type and where you would need someone to ressemble you...

Jung Typology Test

MBTI Personality type test

for whatever it is worth, I would be very interested to get your feedbacks and opinions

shine on

cass

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

Sir Nuggit....is a liability
899 posts

Posted:

I just followed UCOF's example and got:

He says:

Your Type is:
ENTP
Extroverted Intuitive Thinking Perceiving
Strength of the preferences %
44 12 25 78

Pull my pin out, roll me in to a room and see what happens ubbloco

The Tea FairySILVER Member
old hand
853 posts

Posted:
I am...

22% Introvert, 62% intuitive, 62% feeling and 1% judging.

INFJ (counsellor Idealist)... It fits me pretty well. I am empathetic and also puzzling!

Idolized by Aurinoko

Take me disappearing through the smoke rings of my mind....

Bob Dylan

spaceySILVER Member
mischeivious pixie
291 posts

Posted:
im a enfp...read the discription and some of it is scarily accurate! clap

"I dont want no fatty bumbum, i want a lean mean shagging machine" anon

"I'm sweet and wholesome with a little bit of filth thrown in"

What would you do if you knew you could not fail?

Groovy_DreamSILVER Member
addict
449 posts

Posted:
I did this test ages ago... turns out I'm an intuitive introvert... same type as Jung, apparantly

.:star:.SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,785 posts

Posted:
INFP

61% introvert - i thought i was more outgoing than that!

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
I think you guys are skimming a bit much.

Introvert/Extrovert doesn't have to do with what you like to do, but how you recharge.

Written by: polarity

INT/FP

Can't easily place myself as a thinker or feeler because I can do both pretty well.

Again, it's a bit more complicated than that.

You guys have been taking too many Glamor magazine quizes. wink

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

ShuBRONZE Member
Retro Fyre Wizzard
538 posts

Posted:
INFJ

Regards hug

Shu
(Ice-E FyreStorm - Group Manager & Performer)

You know those people your parentals warned you about?... I'M ONE OF THEM! ubbloco
Yes, i do bite!!

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
The first one I couldn't decide whether I was ESTJ or ESFJ

The long one couldn't decide whether I was ENTJ or ENFJ

It said moderate expression on J which makes oodles of sense. In both cases I leaned very slighly towards T vs. F..... The difference between being coldly logical and hotly emotional. An amusing thing to straddle in my opinion... does anyone else fall about here?

It tells me I'm good at organizing (I already knew that!) and that people will pay me a lot of money for that (but they won't, because they want me to be conventional tongue) I shouls print off the personality test and use it to convince people they want me *giggles* except I don't really want them.....

These are fun to play with.... my housemate is INTP, and much more strongly than my 11, 12, 1, score, although nothing as strong as my 56 in J... yes, I judge everything, for the most part, the good news is I mostly try not to act on it... and I'm very honest about... well.. everything... I guess you have to decide if thats good or not tongue

*hugs*

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

mykrmeburning from inside
165 posts

Posted:
ah well, I'm complete introvert...
I S T J
100% 1% 25% 22%

umm biggrin

that's YOUR opinion...

from fire we´re born, to fire we return...

quietanalytic
503 posts

Posted:
i like these tests as much as the next person, but there *is* a very good reason why they appear so spookily accurate:

https://skepdic.com/myersb.html

ture na sig

Sic Kittymember
167 posts

Posted:
ISFJ
Introverted Sensing Feeling Judging
Strength of the preferences %
72 31 69 56

Sounds like me

You've just been attacked by:
SIC KITTY!
*cackles maniacally*
I suffer...*sob*...because I am better.

I don't really believe that.... *coughs*

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
I am:

I/E (almost identical 1% in it)
N
T/F (again, 1%)
P

It seems odd that what seem to be opposites (such as where/how you draw your energy and whether that makes you introvert or extrovert) seem to be more than a bit confused for me. I find that both interesting and accurate - I think the only safe thing to say is 'unpredictable'. smile

Thanks Cass. biggrin

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
I am very interested to see if anyone has done the test on their loved one or they tried to guess someone and then compared with what the person is:think they ar e;;;

i find it interesting how one projects things onto another
and there is much to learn from that

as i have personnaly biggrin

and again i totally understand anyone feeling those tests trap you in categories which are not always suitable;;;; i just see them as indications::: nothing more

and dammnit if i can gqet used to the french keyboqrd agqin

argh wink
shine on
cass

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
I tend to be right on the E/I border... but very STJ.

Both ESTJ and ISTJ describe different parts of me. I think I'm mostly ISTJ who is ESTJ at work and in some social situations. biggrin

People of this type tend to be: cautious, conservative, and quiet; literal, realistic, and practical; careful and precise; logical, honest, and matter of fact; resistant to change and comfortable with routine; hard working and responsible.

People of this type tend to be: energetic, friendly, and outspoken; productive, organized and efficient; realistic and sensible, but often skeptical about new or untested ideas; honest and direct to the point of bluntness; quick decision makers, opinionated, traditional, serious, and accountable.

I like the "How to love an"... I think it's pretty accurate (with some glaring inaccuracies.)

How to Love an ISTJ:
Appreciate my common sense, practical, and steady approach to life.
Respect my need for routine and order; avoid sudden changes.
Listen attentively and respectfully.
Try to be calm, honest and specific when discussing problems.
Give me plenty of time to think things through before discussing them.
Above all - Notice and acknowledge my hard work and commitment to our family's needs.

ESTJ:
Appreciate how dependable and accountable I am.
Respect my opinions and listen to my advice.
Notice, acknowledge, and thank me for my hard work and dedication to you and our family.
Be honest, direct, and specific when discussing problems.
Try not to disrupt my routines, and to keep the house orderly.
Above all - respect my desire to be in charge and in control as much as possible.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Boo_BunnyBRONZE Member
Sparkely arty Mormon rainbow fairy
933 posts

Posted:
INFP

(Introvert, Intuitive, Feeler, Perceiver)

People of this type tend to be: quiet, reserved, and kind; deeply passionate, sensitive, and easily hurt; loving and dedicated to those close to them; creative, original, and imaginative; curious and flexible in small matters; nonconforming.

The most important thing to INFPs is their deeply held beliefs and living in harmony with their values.

Surprisingly this sounds alot like me. im intreaged...

Property of Fine_Rabid_Dog

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Thought this one was pretty good.

MB Test

ESTJ... as usual. smile

I actually think I'm a ISTJ dressed up like an ESTJ. biggrin

But on the S/N border as well.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
Your Type is

INFP

on the MB test

interesting... not to far from the mark on alot of things.

it doesnt account for my penchant for fire related extroversion though

Love is the law.

rbmnycBRONZE Member
lurker
194 posts

Posted:
ESFJ - every time.

and it's definitely me.

and everytime it's brought up again I want to kick myself in the head for being in possibly the worst field (career-wise) imaginable for my type.

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
hey, cass, as it turns out me and a lover once did this little comparison thing you were talking about.... generally we were pretty accurate, I think he was more convinced I was thinking that I am.... but addmitedly the test gave me that as a result... I was a little surprised by his n marking.....

I also, when you made this post, made my ex/best friend take it and was dumbfounded by how similar our scores were... I'm not sure why... He wasn't surprised at all. Neither was anyone else, actually.

In general I tend to have a more extreme view of both myself and other people, but am generally accurate (as far as they are concerned) in my views of them. Or, maybe most of my friends take a tamer more moderated view of me and themselves......

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

EeraBRONZE Member
old hand
1,107 posts

Posted:
I did this a couple of years ago and came out ENFP, which explains a lot; my dad, he's sooo Thinker/Judger.

There is a slight possibility that I am not actually right all of the time.

quietanalytic
503 posts

Posted:
'The most important thing to INFPs is their deeply held beliefs and living in harmony with their values.'

call me a cynic, but isn't the most important thing to *everyone* their 'deeply held beliefs' and 'values'? In fact, it's almost true by definition: whatever is important to you is whatever you value . . .

ture na sig

polaritySILVER Member
veteran
1,228 posts

Posted:
I think it more likely that non INFPs are likely to have their beliefs and values highly influenced by other people.

The INFP description said that only 1% of people are INFPs, and society is likely to shape most peoples beliefs so that they aren't entirely their own, so it's not surprising the percentage is so low. Intuition and feeling has been overtaken by society's infatuation with science and technology, and given way to intellectual thinking types.

Even with creative people, who would be more intuitive, the majority have to make a living, and end up in jobs like advertising, or graphic design, so their tendencies are skewed also.

The INFP is more likely to refuse to buy products that are tested on animals, or aren't fair trade, and will take the time to find out which products fall into these categories, if their values make them against animal cruelty and exploitation of foreign workers. Non INFPs may claim to be against these things in principle, then go off and buy brand name clothing like Nike and GAP and foods made by Nestle.

I like Myers-Briggs types because they're based on Jungian psychology, instead of that bloody coke addict's that most of mainstream psychology is based on, but I still prefer the accuracy of astrological birth charts. (I hate newspaper astrology as much as the sceptics though)

You aren't thinking or really existing unless you're willing to risk even your own sanity in the judgment of your existence.

Green peppers, lime pickle and whole-grain mustard = best sandwich filling.

quietanalytic
503 posts

Posted:
Polarity said: 'I think it more likely that non INFPs are likely to have their beliefs and values highly influenced by other people. '

but the quote was: 'The most important thing to INFPs is their deeply held beliefs and living in harmony with their values.'

So the test talks about 'the most *important* thing to INFP's' - and that's nothing to do with how readily influenced you are by other people.

Are you joking about the astrological birth charts?

ture na sig

Boo_BunnyBRONZE Member
Sparkely arty Mormon rainbow fairy
933 posts

Posted:
How can something based on your response to questions about yourself be less accurate than something based on the day you were born?

Property of Fine_Rabid_Dog

quietanalytic
503 posts

Posted:
easy: if responding to questions about yourself involves systematic bias (so, for instance, the average person tends to thinks that they have an above average sense of humour), while 'the day you were born' doesn't say anything at all about your personality.

ture na sig

quietanalytic
503 posts

Posted:
note - it could be more accurate, but it can't possibly be more precise

ture na sig

TinklePantsGOLD Member
Clique Infiltrator, Cunning Linguist and Master Debator
4,219 posts

Posted:
INFJ - I took the test in july 2005
INFJ - I took the test again today.

I haven't changed much lol

So a bit about me...

INFJs hold deep convictions about the weightier matters of life. INFJs are champions of the oppressed and downtrodden. They often are found in the wake of an emergency, rescuing those who are in acute distress. INFJs may fantasize about getting revenge on those who victimize the defenseless.

Accurately suspicious about others' motives, INFJs are not easily led. These are the people that you can rarely fool any of the time. INFJs are selective about their friends. Such a friendship is a symbiotic bond that transcends mere words.

INFJs have a knack for fluency in language and facility in communication. In addition, nonverbal sensitivity enables the INFJ to know and be known by others intimately. They have a
complexity of character and the unusual range and depth of their talents.
They are strongly humanitarian and have a rare combination of vision and practicality often results in INFJs taking a disproportionate amount of responsibility in the various causes. They are sometimes mistaken for extroverts because they appear so outgoing and are so genuinely interested in people. At intervals INFJs will suddenly withdraw into themselves to rebuild their depleted resources, sometimes shutting out even their intimates to prevent emotional overload. INFJs may well have the clearest insights of all the types into the motivations of others, for good and for evil. They possess strong writing skills and often, a strong personal charisma.

Teaching (That's what being a mum is about, but I did homeschool Steph for a year), religious leadership (was "Matriarch" of the Grove of Yews before me and Sunbird split), psychology and counseling (have always had an interest in this and I'm very into my Carl Jung works, so much that they influence my spirituality.)

a tendency to gravitate towards the liberal arts rather than the sciences. However, intuition gives the ability to understand abstract theory and implement it creatively.
In their own way, INFJs are just as much "systems builders" as are INTJs; the difference lies in that most INFJ "systems" are founded on human beings and human values, rather than information and technology.

Chaucer,
Robert Burns,
Mother Teresa
Martin Luther King Jr
Nelson Mandela.

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible

Page: