• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

roberts
BRONZE Member since May 2004

roberts

Total posts: 91
Posted:id like to start adding propane to my sculptures. im looking for someone in the southeast or the east coast in general to help me with this. i cant even find any simple project plans on the net. i know there are some studios out west but thats a bit of a travel for me. anyone have any advice? its not something i want to mess with on my own. thanks.

if anyone orders Merlot, i'm leaving.

Delete Topic

Lurch
BRONZE Member since Nov 2003

Lurch

old hand

Total posts: 929
Posted:What exactly do you want to do? you want a constant flame? or a fireball or what?

#homeofpoi -- irc.newnet.net Come talk to us we're bored frown

Warning: Please Do Not Jump On The Seals

Delete

marco

enthusiast

Total posts: 328
Posted:
This is something I've been working on for some months now, it's probably better if you have specific quesitions though, rather than general advice,

mark

Delete

roberts

roberts

Posted:actually i was looking for someone to help me in person. i think that may be difficult to find. to be hinest i dont really know much about using propane. whats a good simple project to start with? constant flame? fireball? flame rod? for example, i have a piece now that is a 6 ft. tall3ft. in diameter double helix. its copper. can i run propant through it or do i need steel? regardless of the metal used, can i make fire come out along the helix so that it burns between each level? is that to complicates to start with? maybe i should just start with making a burst of flame. i saw loads of people with these flame burst units on their art cars in black rock city. basicly im looking for a project that will teach me about propane and the parts used in propane fire. i hope that makes a bit of sense. its really late here. thank you both for your responses.

Delete

mo-seph

mo-seph

enthusiast

Total posts: 524
Posted:Written by: roberts
i have a piece now that is a 6 ft. tall3ft. in diameter double helix
can i make fire come out along the helix so that it burns between each level?

DNA with base pairs, by any chance?

wink

monkeys ate my brain

Delete

Pyrolific
BRONZE Member since Jan 2001

Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium

Total posts: 3289
Posted:heh - I saw a piece just like that (DNA with fire) at Burning Man in 2001.

looked cool.

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

Delete

roberts

roberts

Posted:get any photos? my first BM was 04 but im hopeing to go this year. there were loads of people doing fire art there. im just haveing a hard time finding them anywhere close to here.

Delete

NYC

NYC

NYC

Total posts: 9232
Posted:I'd poke around on Burningman lists or sites. Eplaya or something?

Maybe tribe.net

HoP tends to be a bit more international and less fire sculpture related.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Delete