Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > Atomic buterflly with poi going in opposite directions.

Login/Join to Participate

infinitemember
110 posts

Posted:
Start with the buzzsaw rt hand going away from your face, left hand towards the body. Speed the right hand up so that it cuts right behind the left poi at the top of its rotation. Once your timing is really good you can keep your hands relly close togeather and it looks like an atomic butterfly with poi going in opposite directions. Opposite time attomic butterfly. If you slow down your right hand so that the poi are going same speed the poi are traveling at eachother like an air wrap , they do wrap and come apart into reg fwds butterfly. Opposite time atomic butterfly hyperloop. I hope this is not too hard to picture. it is the raddest transition from buzzsaw to butterfly. I hope that this inspires instead of frustrates. good luck.

I also learned butterfly hyperloop to Left wrist stall to toss both poi , turn catch and toss both poi again. You cant stall on right wrist because the tangle will continue. Good luck. BTB throw and catch same hand. Im so stoked on this site I have learned so much, whatever I can give back to the community.

dont make peoples heads turn, give them whiplash.

RevBRONZE Member
Bastard Newbie Messiah
1,269 posts

Posted:
all atomics are butterflies.. they are either opposite or same direction bf's, but they all work like a butterfly.. (which is why the same direction ones have to have perfect timing, like the plane twister wink)

More useless information courtesy of Rev...
Confusing the masses, one post at a time...
"Obviously, you're not a golfer.."- The Dude
"Buy the ticket... Take the ride..." -Raoul Duke
"FEMA has never done catastrophe planning..."-Michael Brown

Analemmaenthusiast
384 posts

Posted:
[Old link]

Written by:

all atomics are butterflies.. they are either opposite or same direction bf's, but they all work like a butterfly.. (which is why the same direction ones have to have perfect timing, like the plane twister )

All atomics are in the same way weaves.. they are either sametime or splittime, but they all work like a weave.. biggrin wink ( looking forward to meet you Mr. Rev ubbrollsmile )

andy

To learn - read. To know - write. To master - teach . . .

spiralxveteran
1,376 posts

Posted:
All atomics are an odd combination of both. From the same position I can go into a TTN or a buzzsaw weave without changing planes...

"Moo," said the happy cow.

RevBRONZE Member
Bastard Newbie Messiah
1,269 posts

Posted:
fair enough.. but because you can go into inversions, does that mean they weave? I mean.. arent you just using inversions and threading? then again.. isnt a weave just same direction threading? then again does any of this really matter.. lol...

that's 3 times in one week people have looked forward to meeting me.. I feel special.. bounce wave

spiralxveteran
1,376 posts

Posted:
You are indeed "special" ubblol

*runs away giggling*

RevBRONZE Member
Bastard Newbie Messiah
1,269 posts

Posted:
lol.... i've got one word........porkchop hug biggrin

spiralxveteran
1,376 posts

Posted:
Ok now I'm scared and confused...! eek

RicheeBRONZE Member
HOP librarian
1,841 posts

Posted:
Vertical & Horizontal > Rotation

https://www.homeofpoi.com/gallery/showpho...=all&page=2

https://www.homeofpoi.com/gallery/showpho...=all&page=2

light,

:R
EDITED_BY: Richee (1117371152)

POI THEO(R)IST

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
humm,
I think it depends what you do with them....

I actually have a nice looking splittime atomic weave now, and i8t definatly works like a weave when crossed, but like a butterfly when open.

later.
T

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti