Forums > Other Toys > Spinning Juggling Rings

Login/Join to Participate

Colin Jsmall member
116 posts

Posted:
I've had some of these for a while now.

Non-Https Image Link

I could'nt find a thread about this type of prop so I made one. I'm new here so excuse me if I being a 'tard.

Spinning with juggling rings, hmmm well they're quirky as hell. Loads of finger and thumb spins, and isolations in everything. And lots of stuff thats ring specific. As well as convertable tricks from poi and clubs. And look cool when spun.

Its all about the planes though. Rings are a pain when it comes to that, for me atleast. It looks pants when it doesn't flow and has wobbly planes, you'd know what mean if you try them.
The way I do the weave for example has this nice thumb roll in it. If I didn't put the thumb roll/spin where it is then I'm not sure the trick would work. Might be few variations on grips and rolls though, I dunno. I find these quite a challenge(hard as &£$%), I luv it. Did I say they look cool? cool

Can anyone do that ring flourish with 2 rings on the finger, as you spin them they separate and spin async to each other. I think I need help on this one ?
Does anyone know what I mean?

As for setting them or fire, not really gonna work I'm afraid. Unless you are one sick spinner.
frown

Anyone had a go? Want a go? Or are a juggling ring spinning god/ess and would care to enlighten me with some words of spinning wisdom?

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
I know that spinning them ends up really painful if you hit yourself, even a little.

but I agree.. spinning juggling rings is one of the best ways to clean up your planes. biggrin
EDITED_BY: Unnamed Cutie On Front (1117125130)

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
I cheat and have attached my rings to a shoelace and handle smile

Look very cool, but my god they hurt when you hit your shin...

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

FacelessjokerBRONZE Member
enthusiast
249 posts

Posted:
WOW WEE!!!! bounce
Ive had ring sitting in my bedroom gathering dust for aaages! Now i know what to do with them!! (I gave up trying to juggle them) Yaaay.
THankyouuuuu! hug clap

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Use the same technique as spinning the childrens hoola hoops, if you want a ring with a bit larger size. wink

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

fussymember
82 posts

Posted:
what?! we have these in our shop, £2 for 3, i thought they were for juggling?! how do you spin them? on your fingers? im confuzzled!

daz

stupidity is not a crime, you are free to go!!!

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
try holding 2 on thumb and skidding them past each other, using your middle and forefinger (the one next to pinky). they should breeze past each other for a nice pattern.

Also try the flourish - exactly the same as you would do with a pen - flicking it round thumb. same with a ring. Hold it facing upwards, use ring finger to flick it round thumb.

hth...

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
"how do you spin them?"

Try tying string to them.

rolleyes

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
You were doing this on sunday, it looked pretty smile

Colin Jsmall member
116 posts

Posted:
The wind was ruining it for me. Something was happening though. It was all new and experimental to me, never seen anyone else do what I do with them. But it seemed so obvious to do.

"how do I spin them"

Well I just grab em and start trying to make spinning patterns. And slowish with purpose. Maybe thats just me and because I need to spend more time with them. I can't get aggressive with it, not sure if I even would like to be able to anyway.

I'd imagine fat rings are the way to go. Thats what I use. Thin rings might not be much use.

Its tricky stuff, perticualy since you have no visual aid to go by. Lots of problem solving.

idamSILVER Member
37 posts

Posted:
the easiest way to spin them is holding your first finger at 90degrees to the rest of your hand put the 2 rings on and spin them toward you and they will start to seperate by themselves once they seperate you would think that you have to do double time to keep them going but if you actually stop moving they will stay spinning for longer the hard part is finding the right point to speed them up again and following this crap explanation i wont bother, try finger taps. holding two rings on first finger again then hold both to one side and drop one at a time so they swing of time and then use your thumb to keep them going, this is also possible with three or four rings if you can make your fingers move fast enough, looks good when done in both hands at the same time. njoy angel2