Page:
flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
Chocolate has it's own thread, so here's coffee's

I've just bought the most disgusting/vile cup of coffee ever from the Benjy's Delivered van outside work. After adding 3 spoons of sugar it's still too bitter to drink. Their website states:

"delivering a fantastic cup of coffee. We have spent an absolute fortune in making sure that every time you buy a cup of coffee from us – it is perfect in every way."

Non-Https Image Link

I've been procrastinating over buying a decent espresso machine for a while and taking my coffee with me, i just don't want to start drinking several cups a day!

SniperBRONZE Member
Snoochie-boochie-noochies!
663 posts

Posted:
oi don't you go knocking marmite lady spank

p.s. yay 400 posts

Dressed in BlackBRONZE Member
A Fire Inside
191 posts

Posted:
lol soz, iv already ranted about it on that dam sandwich thread!! how about i just say nice things about coffee??

FAIR TRADE PEOPLE!! tastes good for mouth and soul!!

ubblove

::: I LiKe pLeAsUrE sPiKeD wItH pAiN - MuSiC iS mY aErOpLaNe :::

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
Written by:

Some of the best machines out there are the Gaggia ones

have you tried any of the consumer grade ones readily available in the UK? I've heard many bad reports compared to their industrial machines

Sam JelfsBRONZE Member
26 posts

Posted:
Written by: flid

Written by:

Some of the best machines out there are the Gaggia ones

have you tried any of the consumer grade ones readily available in the UK? I've heard many bad reports compared to their industrial machines

I havent used one in a while, but when i was at work i always used a Cubika.... couldnt fault it, and it got a lot of use, as it was the display one on the shop floor.... The build quality of them is still a lot better than a £30 from argos jobby... it all depends on how much you want to spend to be honest.....

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
Cubika bad points i've heard is it's buttons on the front tend to stick, a lot of people have posted on the net about the problem and having to return there's as a result. The other problem is they are quite a low wattage (750 watts if memory serves, compared to well over 1000 on most other models) and hence slow at boiling water for several cups. They're well within my budget, but I've been put off by these comments. I know that Gaggia make very good industrial machines, but like many companies that make industrial equipment their other lines don't live up to the same standards (ie Dualit make great toasters (i have one myself), but a lot of their other lines that have been introduced lately suck somewhat/are really just novelty items explioting shallow people who know the name but nothing about the product/probably won't use it much anyway)

Sam JelfsBRONZE Member
26 posts

Posted:
the other one i would recommend is the Gaggia Classic... 15 bar pressure, and 1.5kW.... though if i remember correctly the milk frother on this one isnt too good....

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
taht one looks a lot better, but is over double the price. My current budget is around 170 pounds, and favourite this one. Whittards, argos and comet all stock it, but none ever seem to have any in stock to go and have a look at frown

I quite like the idea of one that takes ese pods for laziness (not nespresso, not a nestle fan), but i haven't seen any available that are fair trade/organic, so needs to take ground too. I live in a city centre and can get beans freshly ground within a few minutes walk of my flat until i save for a grinder.

Good milk frother is essential, I'll be using soya milk with it which requires a bit more umph. You can't really make capaccino from it, but latte isn't a problem (and sold in starbucks/costa).

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
what about a good plunger? You'd be hard pressed to find one costing more than 20 pounds, and they make a lot nicer coffees than instant, which is all that really matters smile

"beg beg grovel beg grovel"
"master"
--FSA

"There was an arse there, i couldn't help myself"
--Rougie

Sam JelfsBRONZE Member
26 posts

Posted:
i would deff suggest going and trying one if before you buy, esp if your using soya milk.... i know the synchrony has quite a good steam jet... which is the other option... save for a while longer and get yourself a bean to cup all in one machine...no hassle with messing about with coffee grounds... just pour the beans in the top and hit the button on the front...

generally the Whittards in birmingham will have the gaggia's in stock, least between the two stores they always used to... plus selfridges has quite a good range of them and other makes...

NadishomeLiving life to the full!
177 posts

Posted:
No offence to coffee drinkers but

YUCH!!!

Life is short!
So lets leave a mark,
for people to remember!

Page: