Page: ......
PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
ok well its confirmed.

IVe booked the date in, and so now we have a lovely big Hall with a Kitchen and toilet block, along with a big ass campign area and flat area to use for the weekend! sept 30, Oct 1, 2 and 3. Its in a beautiful location only 5 minutes from the closest Public Transport and Supermarket, or 25 minutes by car from the Adelaide GPO. We can arrange transport to and from the site from the Bus stop given a bit of notice.

We've also bought a big ass markee to use as a 2nd learning area if the workshops get too big to fit in the hall.

I was thinking we could also have a bit of a party on the saturday night if people were able to chip in for a PA...

so yeah - if you are interested in something or doing something else - say so!

and yes - there will be a large campfire, and a big fire spin.

EDITED_BY: Pyrolific (1117711328)

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
yeah, it'll be great the spend time with the flash™ without a 145 bpm bassline thrumming everywhere! smile

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Ok all you common ground downunder lovlies ubbrollsmile

As you may or may not know - our equivilent to your little gathering was PLAY festival, for which i am frantically trying to collaborate footage of to share with the world, and you lot biggrin

Question is there are loads of us over here that would love to see some of the common ground action - the main fire show sounds ace and if it was anything like PLAY wich im pretty sure it was - ie, it was full of Hoppers and toys - there was also much sillyness caught also.

Is anyone going to put together a little something for us all to see? i really hope you do as it sound like you had a blast.......

Sharing this would be ace, im making a dvd at the moment but plans are to have a 10min trailer vid online for xmas biggrin

Who knows in a few years time we can combine the two perhpas in the midlle east somewhere (middle ground wink) and call it Common Play ubblol

Someone say you are......... please ubbangel

Glad you all had a wicked time biggrin

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
arsn and I are working on it sturgz sweetheart.... we are just having trouble getting it onto DVD at the moment becaseu Arsns brother has had to order a new dvd cable cause his is missing....so it wont be too long....

YAY for the uk hoppers and aussies getting together...i would have such a wonderful reunion with so many of my lovely friends.... *misses dev kev like crazy*

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

6,978 posts

Posted:
Written by: strugz

Sharing this would be ace, im making a dvd at the moment but plans are to have a 10min trailer vid online for xmas biggrin

Someone say you are......... please ubbangel

Glad you all had a wicked time biggrin

you know how to get me excited...er..big boy.
i can reliably say that there is something being organasised. juggle

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Whooooooo!

thats sweet as mumma hen biggrin

Especially for you i have some Dev Kev on stage action that will be included............... just for you smile

...as if it wasnt going to be in there anyway wink ubblol

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
*wiggles in excitment*

wow.... more dev kev footage will be awesome...I can never get enough... hes the person who taught me how to spin ya know?

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

Hana4BRONZE Member
burner
90 posts

Posted:
We should have Play and Common Ground at the same time next year and web link the two. Then we could have international spinning classes and put on a show for each other! weavesmiley juggle ubbloco

The possibilities are endless!!! biggrin

MojojoGOLD Member
wandering dingo
167 posts

Posted:
Yeah, live video feed with giant screens at each end...that would be awesome.

Must win lotto must win lotto must win lotto.

We are also having some trouble getting the footage onto DVD, tis a format problem. Goes on ok, won't play back ok.
Working on it...

Only three things are certain: Death, Taxes, and that England will not win back the Ashes in this lifetime.

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
Written by: strugz

Who knows in a few years time we can combine the two perhpas in the midlle east somewhere (middle ground wink) and call it Common Play ubblol

Get that man a beer! biggrin

Adya MiriyanaGOLD Member
*slou?
6,554 posts

Posted:
ditto ubblol ubblol ubblol

mm.. jo.. must win lotto... rolleyes

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
*wins the lotto*

If only writing things in stars made them happen...

*movestoadelaidegetsahighpayingjobgetsanicecarlearnshyperloopsandwibbleationsgetsanewcomputersomeonegivesmeanawesomecamera*

did i forget anything?

"beg beg grovel beg grovel"
"master"
--FSA

"There was an arse there, i couldn't help myself"
--Rougie

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
You forgot world peace smile

.All things are beautiful if we take the time to look.

KatincaSee my vest.... see my vest...
693 posts

Posted:
Did anyone loose stuff at Common Ground??

We have a box full of nick-nacks that have lost their owner. Some of them are quite upset wink.

Please, if you lost anything, send me a P.M and I will have a look if it ended up in the lost and found.

Also - and importantly somebody left their glasses at CG. Does anybody know who this was?

Thanks,
k8

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

PyrolificBRONZE Member
3,289 posts

Posted:
Hi everyone,

well after the heaviest rain in 40 years, the Common ground site was flooded! I've got photos up in my Gallery! check it out! theres a river running through where most people were camping!

hehe

Josh

--

PyrolificBRONZE Member
3,289 posts

Posted:
PS! Summer Common Ground will be on sometime early to mid January, at a Beach location near Adelaide. Obviously more details as they come! But this one will probly be a more chilled out affair, with a lot of lazing around and a more relaxed workshop timetable. We also might go a bit longer? 4-5 days I think. It will also be at a Caravan park / campsite or the like - so there will be plenty of amenities for the non-ferral among you! tongue

Josh

--

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
if it's in january, im there biggrin

by the way, do we have a count on how many people came?

cheers, pete hug

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

MojojoGOLD Member
wandering dingo
167 posts

Posted:
Yes, glasses, it was me!!! Thanks so much! I thought I could kiss them goodbye. (Black framed ones, probably found in the kitchen?)

Ummm.... I have my spares so its no big deal, and I think I am going to be seeing you guys up brissie earthcore way soon?

Only three things are certain: Death, Taxes, and that England will not win back the Ashes in this lifetime.

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
i believe there where 110+ in attendance ....

any progress on that video miss mojojo?

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

MojojoGOLD Member
wandering dingo
167 posts

Posted:
Ahh, yes, some progress, having trouble with DVD formats though, it won't play back properly.
Anyone with broadband I can compress it and email it (especially if you only want parts of it not the whole lot) in pieces but the files are pretty huge.
The other problem is that its all on my other half's puter and as I only see him 5 days in six weeks it makes it tricky!

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
ohhhhh *big sad face* we cant go back in Jan... we wont be able to afford it!
Plus there are a whole heap of things going on in Jan...
*BIG BIG SAD FACE*

6,978 posts

Posted:
will the raw DV file fit on a data DVD? angel2

mycoBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,084 posts

Posted:
in january? nooo! i won't be able to make it, i'll be overseas. dammit, so i'm going to have to wait till the one after frown

oh i get it, when you say early to mid jan you actually mean late feb early march right? smile

hmm didn't think it'd work.

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
January? um no chance sorry. am using up most of the rest of my annual leave for Rainbow & Uberoz. have fun tho! hug

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

6,978 posts

Posted:
summer is so expensive. i have to sell my butt on the streets all winter just so i can attend all this summertime lushness.
:crosses legs:

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
january?? frown no chance! bugger...i'm having enough trouble getting a flight home from the falls festival let along getting to adelaide & back in the same month!!!

ah well...

*starts saving for october-ish common ground...* biggrin

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
Mid Jan? Hmm Maybe, but rather unlikely.. what say you lot maybe mosey on up Brissy way? ubbangel

693 posts

Posted:
Well we are looking at weekend of the 14th of January.

It will more than likely be held in a recreation/caravan park closeish to Adelaide and a 10 minute walk from the beach, pool, volley ball net and kiddy play equipment wink. With a bush walk in a conservation area next door.

These are still ideas, just floating them to see what ppl are doing.

It will go ahead anyway but it might just be the Adelaide crew there if no one from interstate is up for summer fun. I know summer is an expensive time. smile

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
There is a moonfest on the 14th of Jan that quite a few people are planning on heading up to that weekend frown

But I understand that you can't cater for everyone! That location sounds awesome though!

.All things are beautiful if we take the time to look.

693 posts

Posted:
Theres always clashes especially in summer. This Common ground will be smaller than the October one. The October one is the main one which incidentally will be on the second weekend of October 2006. biggrin *fingers crossed*

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
is there a common ground website?

Step (el-nombrie)

Page: ......