Page: ......
PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
ok well its confirmed.

IVe booked the date in, and so now we have a lovely big Hall with a Kitchen and toilet block, along with a big ass campign area and flat area to use for the weekend! sept 30, Oct 1, 2 and 3. Its in a beautiful location only 5 minutes from the closest Public Transport and Supermarket, or 25 minutes by car from the Adelaide GPO. We can arrange transport to and from the site from the Bus stop given a bit of notice.

We've also bought a big ass markee to use as a 2nd learning area if the workshops get too big to fit in the hall.

I was thinking we could also have a bit of a party on the saturday night if people were able to chip in for a PA...

so yeah - if you are interested in something or doing something else - say so!

and yes - there will be a large campfire, and a big fire spin.

EDITED_BY: Pyrolific (1117711328)

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
Two Rys of fuel lol! Nut.

Sakura- bad!! spank

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
frown sakura's not coming! poo!

not to rub it in sakura hug i really wish you could come!!

but...

sssquuuuuuuueeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!! not long now!!! biggrin only 5 (yes, FIVE!) sleeps to go!!

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

FoxInDocsSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,848 posts

Posted:
bounce bounce2 bounce yyaaaayyyy! only 5 sleeps!

...man i gotta get myself organised.

"i am exotic, and must keep my arms down" - Rougie

"i don't understand what penises have to do with getting married" - Foxie

margitaSILVER Member
3,777 posts

Posted:
same here!! ubblol

any tips on food to take?? i haven't been camping in a looooong time!!! biggrin

KatincaSee my vest.... see my vest...
693 posts

Posted:
Well I just looked at the Wheather, it looks like it might be a few showers on Friday, but clearing up for Saturday!

YAY!! JUMP FOR JOY bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce2

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

margitaSILVER Member
3,777 posts

Posted:
it's NOT going to rain!! biggrin bounce

ubblol looks like that 7.15am flight from brisvegas to ademalaide is gonna be FULL of hoppers!!! ubblol

MojojoGOLD Member
wandering dingo
167 posts

Posted:
Whether the weather be fine,
Or whether the weather be not,
Whether the weather be cold,
Or whether the weather be hot,
We'll whether the weather
Whatever the weather
Whether we like it or not!

bounce It aint gonna rain on our party, and even if it does, I'll still be partying bounce2

Only three things are certain: Death, Taxes, and that England will not win back the Ashes in this lifetime.

mycoBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,084 posts

Posted:
i'm not sure whether it already specifies in this thread or not (i'm not even going to attempt to scour through the whole thing ubblol), but who do we talk to about the communal meal?

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
if u bring non perishables, tinned food, dried stuff, then you won't need refrigeration. for slighty more fresh food, bring fruit, cus likely they won't go off for an overnight camping experience. better to buy it fresh n local, as S.A. is a fruit fly free zone.

there was a post about water boiling facilities.

failing that, beer has carbohydrates. sorry for the atkins followers out there....

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
Someone kidnap Hanz and take her to this! Quick now!

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

mycoBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,084 posts

Posted:
thanks bender, i'm thinking of bringing a few cans of chick peas, cos i love them and can eat copious amounts of them as they are without getting sick of them, breakfast bars, cereal, longlife soy milk, dried fruit and nuts, and packet pancake mix.

that in addition to a couple of dinners there should just about tide me over smile The less food and cooking implements i have to take the better.

the idea that i'm going to adelaide is starting to sink in and i'm feeling really excited...and disorganised.

PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
make sure that unless you have specified that you want the communal meal - you must bring the ability to cook your own food if it needs cooking. Dont assume that we will be providing cooking facilities because we cant guarantee it. Im trying to convince my dad to bring his BBQ, but he hasnt 100% committed to the idea as yet.

ok smile

very excited - going to cut up wood for the campfire right now!

Josh

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
Is there a super market in walkable distance from the CG sight?

what's involved in this communal then?

sorry if I've missed all the info along the line some place rolleyes redface ...I couldn't really work out the common ground yahoo sight... just not what I'm familar with... i might go have another look there though smile

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

MojojoGOLD Member
wandering dingo
167 posts

Posted:
OK, I have (perhaps foolishly) volunteered to be the communal "chef" Its what I was in a former part of this life.

All meals will be prepared with love, excellent hygiene and good taste, catering to most dietary requirements. I'll be doing stuff predominantly vegetarian, of which will be mostly vegan. At the moment, the plan is for one night of 3 or 4 indian style dishes, some spicy some not, and a pasta theme or similar on the other night, depending on how many people RSVP for food - see first page fo this thread rsvp so we know how many to plan for and how much stuff to buy.

Costs should come in around $4 per person for the evening meal each day (sat and sun) perhaps less, but certainly no more.

I had been a chef for a few years, have a fair bit of experience catering for large groups, and am vege as well (but I do love cooking meat, isn't that strange) although I gave up working in the food industry because of many reasons, one of which was I didn't like what horrid things got done to the food, and chefs can be a miserable depressing lot to work with. But I love cooking with a passion, and will do my best to please.

The barbecue would be very very good if you can swing it !

Oh yeah, and its BYO eating implements, to save on washing up, and to avoid creating a huge amount of garbage by buying disposable stuff, which also keeps costs down.
EDITED_BY: Mojojo (1127707601)

Only three things are certain: Death, Taxes, and that England will not win back the Ashes in this lifetime.

mycoBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,084 posts

Posted:
you rock mojojo! hug
do you want a hand with chopping/stirring stuff?

6,978 posts

Posted:
please eat substantial meals, as since this won't be an overnighter affair you will need sustained energy with which to practice the gentle art of hobo-ism.
you'll have to snackcrifice the treats and serve yoself big meals,
because everyone knows tired people are crap in bed.
think weekend at bernies.

MojojoGOLD Member
wandering dingo
167 posts

Posted:
Yep we will probably need a hand with chopping and stirring stuff, a couple of people each evening for an hour or so should do it.

Thanks for offering!

yes, eating well will be the key to sustained enjoyment... if you can find the time with eveything that is going on!! ubbrollsmile

3,492 posts

Posted:
Oh Wow!!! that sounds absolutely awesome! biggrin biggrin biggrin

Vegie Dinner sounds Luscious! You totally rock! and $4 is too cheap i'll pay at least $5 for that biggrin and give ya a hand in the kitchen if ya need smile

was thinking of bringing my gass cooker... but how would I fly with gass canisters??? confused (they are only small gass cans but the pressure in the plain would make them explode yeah?) confused perhaps I can buy some in adelaide?... if so I'd be up for making us some pancakes for breckie...hmmmm not sure though about space in my luggage....

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

6,978 posts

Posted:
i can bring ye thou cannisteres of gas +1 armor to the lands of Adelaide yonder!

MojojoGOLD Member
wandering dingo
167 posts

Posted:
hooray for bender. Thats what the BBQ would be good for too. Pancakes are a must. With bananas and maple syrup! bounce2
I'll see if I can slip a pancake cooking pan into my luggage too.

6,978 posts

Posted:
um i'm not sure what size cannisters you're talking aboot, mine look like aerosol cans and are good for a few meals...

3,492 posts

Posted:
yeah I think mine are the same... biggrin well I'll see how I go... but hopefully I'll have enough room in my luggage for some cooking goodies then biggrin

6,978 posts

Posted:
um will the communal kitchen require many people to bring the same thing or do we only have to bring up a shared pool of knives (not for juggling), cutting boards, stoves etc.
cus i don't want to clash my apron with anyone else's :crosses legs in a disturbingly cosmopolitan manner:

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
right,

Just noting that I'm bringing along two civilians with me/us on the trip. One Daniel and One Tim.

Hope thats ok.

smile xoxoxo

Currently on the right side up of the world.

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
I'm bringing my little gas cooker, which has the butane aerosol can type cartriges. I think they cost about $2-$4 each, though if i can borrow a couple from mum, i'll bring them with me. If not, i'll buy a 4pack and lend/give/sell them to people.

In other news, i have now 100% confirmed got two tents. I can say this, cos they're both sitting in my car right now tongue

At this stage, two places are taken, these places being roarfire and gita. If anyone else needs a roof, let me know asap, and i'll do what i can.

"beg beg grovel beg grovel"
"master"
--FSA

"There was an arse there, i couldn't help myself"
--Rougie

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
Yay! Gita and I are tent buddies! smile bounce

.All things are beautiful if we take the time to look.

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Mojojojo does the best pancakes!!
Yay for volunterring Jo.

Ive dibs on helping in kitchen too!! My family has a long history of hiding in the kitchen!!

Im bring henna too!!! Flynt Jo(not sure if she knows this yet) and I are setting up to henna the masses!! Jo is the most awesome hennaer ......if she wants to!! Talent plus that girl

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

MojojoGOLD Member
wandering dingo
167 posts

Posted:
I think I am going to have to go back to work for a rest after the weekend is over.
Can't get all my henna drawings either as they are M.I.A, so I am up late re-drawing them!!

I'll be bringing an assortment of knives and other cooking utensils as needed for me to cook for the masses, so should be covered, but everyone who wants to help out feel free to bring whatever you like, of course!

mycoBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,084 posts

Posted:
can we park cars next to our campsite or in a car park seperate?

margitaSILVER Member
3,777 posts

Posted:
*woot* i was wondering if anyone was going to do some henna!!!! biggrin *stands patiently in the "henna me please" line*

yay for the communal meal!! clap i'll be up for that! i have vague recollections about pm-ing someone about that...

YAY for tent buddies!! ubblol hug

so...umm...not sure if anyone has asked...but there's a few of us all on the one flight from brisvegas!!! biggrin we get in around 9.30am friday...& kinda need a lift? we probably could split a cab...but none of us know where we're going & it's kinda expensive isn't it?

is there a supermarket handy or on the way? i'm thinking it might be easier to food shop in ademalaide...

i should really go back & read some old stuff in this thread instead of rambling off question after question after...

ubbloco

Page: ......