Page: ...
PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
ok well its confirmed.

IVe booked the date in, and so now we have a lovely big Hall with a Kitchen and toilet block, along with a big ass campign area and flat area to use for the weekend! sept 30, Oct 1, 2 and 3. Its in a beautiful location only 5 minutes from the closest Public Transport and Supermarket, or 25 minutes by car from the Adelaide GPO. We can arrange transport to and from the site from the Bus stop given a bit of notice.

We've also bought a big ass markee to use as a 2nd learning area if the workshops get too big to fit in the hall.

I was thinking we could also have a bit of a party on the saturday night if people were able to chip in for a PA...

so yeah - if you are interested in something or doing something else - say so!

and yes - there will be a large campfire, and a big fire spin.

EDITED_BY: Pyrolific (1117711328)

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
ok... arsn and I have a little problem. The baby will only be about two months old at the time this is happening... for that reason we are a bit edgy about camping becasue it will just be too cold for baby.
I was wondering if you guys could forward the details to us about the hall etc so that we can look for a hotel or a cabin close to the area so that we can come. Otherwise there shall be no chickens gracing adelaide cause we just cant risk the health of bub. smile smile smile

thanks.

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
.:*starts sewing lil bub some funky fluff bum cozy clothes*:....

biggrin

Yep it's real important to keep him all warm and cozy.... and totally funkadelicly fluffy too! hehehe

bounce

grouphug

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

Kyle McLeanBRONZE Member
Living it up
363 posts

Posted:
ubblovedaw...

Looking forwards to seeing the fluffy family soon (mama papa & baby fluff)
biggrin
Hmmm. I'd like to try to come down for this...
*Goes off to consult the tea leaves*

Contact without dance is like sex without wiggling.
A) it does feel as good
B) it does not look as good on film

KatincaSee my vest.... see my vest...
693 posts

Posted:
---- and the tea leaves said???

*runs off to rig tea leaves*

- Hey Kyle I think you should use this cup not that one.

(graps kyles current tea cup and hands him the *special cup*)

------- and the tea leaves said biggrin

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
ubblol

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
omg katinca made a post!!
:dances around kat's post, MC Hammer style:

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
ive put a draft timetable for workshops in my first post on this thread, its looking like its going to be an awesome long weekend, bender can i put u down for helping with some doubles workshops? puk hows about a short whip cracking workshop? and all you others who are thinking of coming the more people teaching the better, it would be really cool to have lots of people helping out for the beginners workshops smile

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

KatincaSee my vest.... see my vest...
693 posts

Posted:
Ben I am happy to teach beginner and intermediate poi.

Also happy to teach beginner staff and body movement if people are keen?

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Written by: Katinca

Ben I am happy to teach beginner and intermediate poi.

Also happy to teach beginner staff and body movement if people are keen?

Im keen to learn body movement.

Keen to do all of them really.

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
i think a body movement workshops an awesome idea ill definately make sure to attend that one smile

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

DragonFuryBRONZE Member
Draco Iracundia
784 posts

Posted:
Last night it dropped down to 3.8 in the city. 2.6 at the airport and 0.8 at parafield. Thats VERY cold. Oct should be warmer, isn't that spring (i'm stillg getting used to the seasons thing)

Ben i see the loungeroom being very cozy with everyone in it. Glad i'll have my own room :P

If ben brings his wireless card i could probably set up a webcam for people to view the event fromt he other side of the globe.

Do we sleep when we die?

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Can I please have a private jetty....and a bathroom on my floor at least biggrin wink

..oooooo and a boat and a wombat.

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
i could probably help with beginnerer and intermediate poi and crosses. could also help with beginners rope dartyness

hope to see you all very soon hug

cheers, pete biggrin

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

Adya MiriyanaGOLD Member
*slou?
6,554 posts

Posted:
yay! pete's coming! hug

you'd better bring balloony goodness biggrin

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
there shall be an abundance of balloony goodness, i just gotta figure out how im gona get there and all. mum wants all the info, but will let me go once i get it to her.

gotta figure out if i V-line it there, or if i can get a lift.

cheers, pete biggrin

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
aaron i dont know that a wireless card will get a reception to anything in the hills.

gnor you can share lexs wombat smile

pete when you say crosses do u mean for one of the double staff workshops or fixed crosses?

ParafinfairySILVER Member
old hand
845 posts

Posted:
Yes Gaynor you can share my wombat (if Bens not stolen it, as he has a habbit of doing!!) smile But you never know - I may have got my new baby wombat by then (like the one in my intro!!! wink )

Slicing the Loaf as we speak.

I need it..... Trust me!

mycoBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,084 posts

Posted:
petey: at the moment i'm pretty sure i'm taking flynt there, and i'd be happy to take you too. i'm under the impression that flame's driving there too, so there's another potential option if you smile really sweetly at her. a bit like this smile

Adya MiriyanaGOLD Member
*slou?
6,554 posts

Posted:
hehe shouldn't that be 'parential option' if indeed it is a word ubblol

clarence_quackSILVER Member
QuackerJack
1,927 posts

Posted:
sooo coming if i can get there... maybe i'll even have a car by that stage WOOT!

Nutella Brigade Unite!

"Look! I have a rainbow penis!" - Rouge

Owned By Steaks

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
Thanks for the big hint/push PM Ben!!!

Yes of course I'd love to come.. it sounds GREAT and anyway I need to do some of those beginner's workshops! And I would be happy to help with drumming workshops... including ddrumming for the Middle Eastern Dance, cos I've done a lot of that ( dum dum tekky tek dum tekky tek etc)

For planning this far in advance, it's all about time and kids and work and $$$$... But there's a chance that I might be able to make it a work trip as well, which would be great. Two things I am crap at though: cold and lack of sleep.. so can I also get some details about hotel type accommodation rather than sharing floors.. being an old lady and all....

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

ParafinfairySILVER Member
old hand
845 posts

Posted:
Aw Gabe, it would be sooooooooo good if you come!!! hug

Slicing the Loaf as we speak.

I need it..... Trust me!

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
Ben-ja-men: its the crosses of the fixed kind. i learnt for a while at the end of last year, but im yet to get one welded up. i plan to get around to that very soon.

myco: *happy dance* that would be the coolest. it beats a 10 hour train trip there, then an even longer bus trip to bendigo then train to melbourne to get home. *yay* hug

Adya: its nice to feel so loved hug

Bender: are you still planning the advanced hoboism workshops, ive been practicing.

cheers, pete biggrin

PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
The site we have booked is in Montacute, which is very close to the city as Hills goes. Look it up on whereis.com.au by typing in Institute rd Montacute South Australia.

There are a few hotels within about 10-15minutes drive, but really even if you were to stay in the city in a hostel and drive up each morning its only about 25minutes. Id suggest doing that rather than finding a B and B, cuz they tend to be beautiful and quite expensive round here (although perhaps thats just my poorass attitude showing through).

We are encouraging people to stay at the site tho, cuz it will be more community-like smile

October is the middle month of spring.

Josh

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
ROAD TRIP ROAD TRIP ROAD TRIP.

heh
Now i'm definately coming

Watch out kate you aaaaaaalien, I'm'a'gonna'hug'you!

Currently on the right side up of the world.

The FadeSILVER Member
fading happily....
212 posts

Posted:
if i can get a lift from melb then ill be in. willing to chip in for fuel moneys of course. i get back from the US about 3 weeks before that so it shouldnt be too soon for me to take a couple of days off work *cringes* hehe theyre so gonna fire me one day.

im also able to help teach ball juggling and contact juggling workshops if you could use me smile

once again, provided one of you beautiful people offers me a lift wink

-ant
EDITED_BY: The Fade (1117468515)

We walk light
Down the wires
Higher than weather baloons
Empty hearts on fire...

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
there will be like 20 pages to this thread by the time it happens!
i still am tossing up driving or flying, cus i can bring more toys if i drive(!)

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

Adya MiriyanaGOLD Member
*slou?
6,554 posts

Posted:
the more the better ubblol

more toys! more toys! ubbrollsmile

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
I wanna bring my big fairy wings but I dont know if Ill get them on the plane. le sigh...

Non-Https Image Link

Josh PM on the way!! hug hug hug hug hug hug

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

The FadeSILVER Member
fading happily....
212 posts

Posted:
Valura theyre sooooooooooooooo pretty!

We walk light
Down the wires
Higher than weather baloons
Empty hearts on fire...

Page: ...