Page: ...
PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
ok well its confirmed.

IVe booked the date in, and so now we have a lovely big Hall with a Kitchen and toilet block, along with a big ass campign area and flat area to use for the weekend! sept 30, Oct 1, 2 and 3. Its in a beautiful location only 5 minutes from the closest Public Transport and Supermarket, or 25 minutes by car from the Adelaide GPO. We can arrange transport to and from the site from the Bus stop given a bit of notice.

We've also bought a big ass markee to use as a 2nd learning area if the workshops get too big to fit in the hall.

I was thinking we could also have a bit of a party on the saturday night if people were able to chip in for a PA...

so yeah - if you are interested in something or doing something else - say so!

and yes - there will be a large campfire, and a big fire spin.

EDITED_BY: Pyrolific (1117711328)

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

Adya MiriyanaGOLD Member
*slou?
6,554 posts

Posted:
oh wow.... they are sooooooo cool

veeeeery pretty miss Valura!! hug

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
I want a pair!!!!!

courts1979BRONZE Member
Rainbow Brite
169 posts

Posted:
Oh My God they are fantastic Valura....

CX
ubbrollsmile

Lifes too short, dance nakked & wiggle ur arse!!

.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
about how long a drive is it from brizzy? pretty far huh?

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
Three to four days drive.

DragonFuryBRONZE Member
Draco Iracundia
784 posts

Posted:
nah, you should easily be able to do it in 3

Do we sleep when we die?

Adya MiriyanaGOLD Member
*slou?
6,554 posts

Posted:
would it not be better to have a break and do it with an extra day.. safer, yes.

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
come on the plane with us pixie! smile hug hug hug hug

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
uuuuummmm right! well I don't think I'll be driving there! eek the plain sounds like a much better idea chicken... only thing is that my pixiemobile is where I usually camp... I don't have a tent or anything lol....

....:*Wishes pixiemobile had wings.... big fluffy angel wings... and run on bubble juice!... so that when you fly along bubbles come out the exhaust... ....and ya don't need to drive it coz it knows where it's going so you can just cozy up in the back and sleep the whole way...:*

biggrin

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
a hobo workshop can teach anyone with a big carboard box the delights of D.I.Y. rain shelters.
Gaffa tape not included.

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
wow, very impressed. i shall be there, with some bakedbeans

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

Cerambusnewbie
18 posts

Posted:
As we have so many people willing to teach things, i'll just put my hand up and say I'm willing to be taught, anything, from anyone. smile

bah-bee-boop-bee-beep-bah-bahp-boop!

DragonFuryBRONZE Member
Draco Iracundia
784 posts

Posted:
nah, 3 days is taking it easy and safe.

Do we sleep when we die?

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
You know what would be awesome? If it went one day extra til the 5th of Oct, as that is my 18th birthday. And I would be legal for everything! smile

.All things are beautiful if we take the time to look.

mycoBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,084 posts

Posted:
anyone know how far adelaide is from melbourne driving?

KatincaSee my vest.... see my vest...
693 posts

Posted:
Legal to retire?

*laughs at own lame joke, then realises it's lame and runs away*

BTW I ubblove your wings Valura - very beautiful. Who was clever enough to make them?

It takes about 8 hours to get here. 7 if you speed *clears throat* and 9 if you go slow or want to stop in Horsham for a coffee biggrin

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
my very nice friend Zoey made them. She is an amazing wee chicken!

hey pixie I have a tent that you can borrow! we have a gas cooker and loads of campy stuff... we could giggle and hang out and have a GREAT time in adeamaliade! smile hug hug

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Flash wings

I have wing envy now!!

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

Groovy_DreamSILVER Member
addict
449 posts

Posted:
Written by: myco

anyone know how far adelaide is from melbourne driving? [/quote]

Bout 8 hours i reckon.

Well it's great to see little old adelaide getting so much attention. Sounds like this will be a mad party. I'm looking forward to seeing Mishka especially, her dancing is breathtaking. I think the yoga morning starts are a bit early, hehe, but not everyone is as lazy as me .
Since there's already drumming and firetwirling workshops, i'm thinking of doing DJ workshops as well, so long as people don't get annoyed at hearing trainwreck after trainwreck...
Well there's plenty of time to get things organised.. bring it on!!

BumfroIts a bum with an afro...
223 posts

Posted:
eek
How late am i to this thread (thanx pete wink )

NOOOO i cannot make it though!
MAX SADDNESS!
damn final school tests, damn year 12!
*runs off to cry*
ubbcrying

Racism is a weapon of mass destruction

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
I like the sound of this! If you still have the room, put me down, I'll definitely be there.

To everyone that doesn't know me yet... wavehello I'm Matt. Totally new, couldn't teach a thing but I can put a video together and bring my SLR down to take some pickies.
I have a spare tent that's meant for four but two fits in better (gives you room for luggage etc.) If anyone wants to use it?

I predict late night poker games wink

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
yeah, it'd be about 8-10 hours drive, depending on where in melbourne you start, and how you go through the hills. 730km all up, according to auinfo . Greyhound/pioneer has a red-eye trip, leaving at 2200 from melbourne and getting into adelaide at 0650 the next day. Going back, they depart at 2030, and arive at 0625.

From brisbane, it could possibly be done in a day, with driver swaps, but it would be a really, really long day of driving. it's 2100 km, again from auinfo.com, and would probably take 23 hours or so. i'd stay at dubbo or broken hill, personally. greyhound takes just over a day and a half (0630 day 1 - 1400 day 2) to get there, and much the same to get back (1000 day 1 - 1845 day 2)

From perth, you're looking at 2700km, and 32 hours worth. definitely a 2-3 day excursion. 5 hours of flying, and greyhound leaves at 1945 day 1, and gets to adel 0925 day 3. back is the same deal, mostly. 1945 day 1 depart, 0625 day 3 arrive. I'd fly, personally.

Sydneysiders are looking at 1400km, roughly 20 hours. i can't seem to get a timetable from sydney to adelaide, but from adel to syd will leave at 1000 day 1 and arrive 24 hours and 15 minutes later.

Look here for the raa's travel distances.

"beg beg grovel beg grovel"
"master"
--FSA

"There was an arse there, i couldn't help myself"
--Rougie

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
Sorry to double post, but this is on a different topic to my last one:

Would it be a good idea to put people's names down that are likely to come? Or even a rough guess of numbers, plus how many people spare space people have (extra tents, swags, backs of cars, utes, pieces of tarpaulin etc)?
And should we wear funky namebadges, like i've seen on some gallery pics?

"beg beg grovel beg grovel"
"master"
--FSA

"There was an arse there, i couldn't help myself"
--Rougie

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Yes to Funky name badges

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

ParafinfairySILVER Member
old hand
845 posts

Posted:
yeah i started putting names onto a txt file to help with planning for numbers, maybe a bit closer to the date we can do a list so it doesnt clutter the thread up with a huuuuuuuuge list

Slicing the Loaf as we speak.

I need it..... Trust me!

Adya MiriyanaGOLD Member
*slou?
6,554 posts

Posted:
ahh read my mind MiG!

*gets the funky namebadges!*

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
Have you got my name down? smile

.All things are beautiful if we take the time to look.

mycoBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,084 posts

Posted:
MiG, you're a champion, thanks for all the information. definitely yes to name badges, and a good idea about the list. i was thinking maybe if one of the first posters wanted to take on the responsibility of updating their post on the first page to include a list of who says they're coming smile although this could end up being quite a chore.
*gets excited about adelaide*

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
If were going to have name badges, it's got to be the necklace ones. Like you wear in VIP sections! Have special ones that say "Instructor" for people running a workshop and one for me that says "Photographer". Ahh my ego...cool

Now just a couple of general questions: Is there going to be power outlets available to everyone? Has anyone been up there before, what are the showers like; I like a good shower!

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
One the name tags can we have real names and HoP names too???

Page: ...