Page: ......
PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
ok well its confirmed.

IVe booked the date in, and so now we have a lovely big Hall with a Kitchen and toilet block, along with a big ass campign area and flat area to use for the weekend! sept 30, Oct 1, 2 and 3. Its in a beautiful location only 5 minutes from the closest Public Transport and Supermarket, or 25 minutes by car from the Adelaide GPO. We can arrange transport to and from the site from the Bus stop given a bit of notice.

We've also bought a big ass markee to use as a 2nd learning area if the workshops get too big to fit in the hall.

I was thinking we could also have a bit of a party on the saturday night if people were able to chip in for a PA...

so yeah - if you are interested in something or doing something else - say so!

and yes - there will be a large campfire, and a big fire spin.

EDITED_BY: Pyrolific (1117711328)

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Dibs on Gita!!

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
ubblol i don't think anyone's ever had dibs on me before?! *teehee*

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
i'm probably going to be picking some people up from the airport at about 10am ish. I should be able to make two runs in and back, taking three (four with no sticks). I think Valura is cabbing in, cos of the minispinner, but not certain on that point. I'll let you know as i know more RE round trip times and stuff.

PLEASE NOTE: This is by no means certain yet, i still need to confirm with tafe as to whether they'll let me have friday off. I will post on here as soon as i know for sure, but don't rely on my transport as your only option, cos i'd hate for you to have to hang around til 8pm for a lift in.
EDITED_BY: MiG (1127733997)

"beg beg grovel beg grovel"
"master"
--FSA

"There was an arse there, i couldn't help myself"
--Rougie

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Jo has made a "bucket of henna"....

We can do hair , feet anything!!

Henna is great for taming manky fungal toes!!

Is it the Truth?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
well...valura & troy & the minispinner *giggle* are on the same flight as me!! biggrin & pixie! & ezz!! bounce but i'm still not 100% on how we're all getting from the airport to cg...i'm sure we'll figure it out eventually! ubblol

ooohh henna feet!! lovely! biggrin if only i didn't have to wear shoes to work...dang! ubblol

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
I feel really bad asking for a lift but would anyone by any chance be going into the city before 9.15am on Monday? My bus leaves Franklin St then. I would be a good girl and pitch in some petrol money! *hopeful eyes*

I could public transport it on down but is it not a public holiday there on Monday? How much would public transport be affected? I'd rather bum a lift to be safe because I don't want to be stranded in Adelaide!

.All things are beautiful if we take the time to look.

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
for all your public transport needs, see:

www.adelaidemetro.com.au

"master"
--FSA

--Rougie

PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
Katinca and I have purchased 40 forks 40 knives and 40 plates and around 30 mugs, so if people want to eat off them rather than having to bring your own stuff then you can purchase a set for $2. If at the end of the weekend you want to keep them, thats cool, otherwise we will buy CLEAN sets back for $1. Obviously the difference goes into the CG fund smile

I have a feeling that there is a lot of info on this thread that is getting lost in the excitement! oh well smile

Oh - and parking will be seperate from the campground (approx 200m across a field) - however there is an option for people to camp near their cars if they wish to walk the 200m back and forth between the workshop spaces / campground and the carparking / alternate camp area. All will be clear when you arrive.

Im excited!

Big Kev (aka Josh)

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
Brissie spinners... arsn Taj and I HAVE to get a cab or catch a bus as far as we can and then get a cab... the reason why is [Old link]

just read my mammoth post.

ummm maybe if we all chipped in that would cover the cab anyhoo? ten bucks each? arsn and I would pay most of it. redface

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
Big Kev! ubblol

Good work Cutlery Management biggrin Please count me in for a set!

.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
yay josh that's awesome! i'll have a dinner set biggrin ... and I'm muchly keen for those communal meals... was it 1st page I go put my hand up for that? *runs off to first page*

Valura I think the maxie taxie is the best idea clap ... because there are quite a few of us... it shouldn't end up being that much to split the fee smile ....and i'm pretty sure maxie taxies are the same $s as regular taxies...??? ....and if one of us has a printer at all maybe we could print out the map and just show the cab driver and say, we wanna go there! ... should work yeah? smile

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
do i need to bring a powerboard? i'll need to charge my defribrilator.
And my batteries.

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

DragonFuryBRONZE Member
Draco Iracundia
784 posts

Posted:
yes, you will need a power board!

Do we sleep when we die?

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
that's great - hey spike, can i test the defribrilator on ye?

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
a reminder, anyone wanting to do the ropedart workshop should probably bring their own ropedart, i have no spares, im not sure about dentrassi.

over this weekend, im gona have 10m of rope with me and am going to be trying to test my escapability, so, anyone who wants to, may tie me up in any way, to anything.

cheers, pete biggrin

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
yeah pete i was thinking about ducking to the hardware for some rope to see what i could make up.

i should have some assorted pots and pans etc in my van that can be used for the communial meal - i can lend a hand if needed.

Can myself and two friends RSVP for the communal meal here?

i can do a run or two to the airport if essential. I can take 5 with no limits on luggage smile

Can i park my campervan in the campground?

Im leaving Sydney for tommorow afternoon - so aim to get there friday lunchtimish, perhaps earlier if we dont get distracted along the way.

See you all soon! :wave

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

ataxiaSILVER Member
172 posts

Posted:
Tyr, Spherespinner and I are arriving at around 10am Friday. Anyone prepared to offer a lift or share a maxi cab around that time?

Hey I think the Brissie guys are arriving that time! Are you guys happy to wait 15/30minutes for us to arrive and shart a maxicab?

We're all happy to share fuel/cab charge costs.

Hey Pete, i'm happy to help out with the rope dart demo, if you need. I only have one rope dart however.
EDITED_BY: ataxia (1127790534)

Geez, I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

3,492 posts

Posted:
I think the plan is for us brissies is to catch the air-train thingy from the airport to the city to do a bit of a grossery shop at colse and then head on to the common ground sight from there by maxie taxie

I'm more than happy to wait if you wanna be in that... not sure how often the air-train comes and goes into the city... and not sure how long Valura and arsn will want to wait around with a lil bubba and stuff too I will ask them... but we could meet you guys at colse in town and all go from there together in the maxie taxie...???

just thinking out loud what dose everyonelse think?

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

3,492 posts

Posted:
oh and hey i forgot to say how bouncey and smiley i got with the mention of henna!!! biggrin bounce biggrin .... I would *love* to be hennaed up please... .:*promptly stands in line with gita*:. smile

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
*stands in behind the pixified one*

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

TyrGOLD Member
Simplicity Convoluter & Cabbage Friend
126 posts
Location: In the shadow of the wolf (somewhere over melbourn...

Posted:
Helloo Lovely peoples,
I’m a bit confuseded about how to RSVP for food / dinner but I’d like to for: ‘Flynts two civilian tag alongs, Daniel & Tim’, Spherespinner…and me smile (In short, ‘total of 4 RSVP’s) and I would love to help out with food prep at least one of the nights.
Yay Miss Pixie, we’d love to meet you guys at Coles and travel the rest of the way with you. biggrin

The Fade & Dentrassi - I’d be happy to lend a hand at the contact Juggling thingie if you’re short? – I’m no Demetri but I don’t suck either – my only condition is that someone goes over the contact staff stuff with me after cos I realllllllllllllllllllllllly wanna get better and I’m gunna miss Kyle organic contact sun night frown

Yay only 3.5 days away!

P.s. The performance thing on Sat night, is it more a…
(a) Communal, put something together and perform it kinda thing.
(b) Come with a prepared act to show everyone kinda thing?
(c) Make something up on the spot kinda thing.
(d) The always popular setting your pants on fire, running round in circles squawking like a pigeon, kinda thing?
OR
(e) A little from collum (a), (b), (c)…but preferably not (d) unless you have received prior permission from the Flaming Pigeons Association to accurately represent them in times of crisis / very-not-cold plumage shedding…kinda thing.

Count me in for something anyway but it will probably be quite cas.
P.p.s. I favour option (a) & (d)

“What are you creatures of Fantastica? Dreams, poetic inventions, characters in a neverending story.”
Gmork
‘The Neverending Story’

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
Written by: Tyr

The Fade & Dentrassi - I’d be happy to lend a hand at the contact Juggling thingie if you’re short? – I’m no Demetri but I don’t suck either – my only condition is that someone goes over the contact staff stuff with me after cos I realllllllllllllllllllllllly wanna get better and I’m gunna miss Kyle organic contact sun night frown

ubblol well i would rate myself at perhaps 1/100th of a Dimitri and you a fair bit higher than me... im sure we can always find more time for contact staff... theres ALWAYS time for more contact staff ubbrollsmile

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
also not sure how to RSVP for the dinner thingo, but we'd like 2 nights worth of four people, please smile

um
yes.
That would be for:
Flynt, falloutboy, The Fade & The Wench, for both nights.

Thanks!

Currently on the right side up of the world.

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
also... I'm not sure if they are MY civilians persay, just that they will be accompanying me and some other people.

er. yes.

Also, I've just noted on the first page that The Wench is not on the list of HoPpers who are coming, so please could she be added? Gracias!

Currently on the right side up of the world.

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
*phew* well after not updating the first page for quite some time ive trawelled through all my pms, emails and this increasingly large thread (praise be for the time stamp of editing)

i think ive got everything and everyone added, if not please send me a pm, skimming through pages of posts can get a bit tricky.

Tyr the fire show is going to be e) like, there will be a slight modification to the time table to allow for a 2 hour fire show coordination in the middle of saturday afternoon led by kyle.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

Sakura_MoonHop's Kitten Jester.
1,803 posts

Posted:
Flynt, Petey, Ant, Myco, Ataxia..all you melbournian spinners.
I'm reminding you to crash takcle hug me via the phone on my birthday on sunday - you know why?!
Because i wont be 16 anymore!!!!!
It doesnt matter if i go back to being 15! as long as i'm not 16!

.:Pink Exocutioner:.

I am Jack's Raging Bile Duct...

Loving you from the deepest part of my loins.

mycoBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,084 posts

Posted:
Written by: roarfire

I feel really bad asking for a lift but would anyone by any chance be going into the city before 9.15am on Monday? My bus leaves Franklin St then. I would be a good girl and pitch in some petrol money! *hopeful eyes*

I could public transport it on down but is it not a public holiday there on Monday? How much would public transport be affected? I'd rather bum a lift to be safe because I don't want to be stranded in Adelaide!

i may be able to run you into the city on monday before we leave, if no one else is heading that way. does anyone know how long this'll take?

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
catching public transport on a public holiday is not fun buses go every hour or less, in a car at that hour id guess around 30 mins

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Written by: .:* Moon Pixie *:.

oh and hey i forgot to say how bouncey and smiley i got with the mention of henna!!! biggrin bounce biggrin .... I would *love* to be hennaed up please... .:*promptly stands in line with gita*:. smile

Im normally chasing people with a henna bag hassling for canvases for willing subjects are great. My idea of a small tattoo and yours may not agree wink

Requests are more than welcome but you may have to draw it first!!

Is it the Truth?

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
there's gonna be a the wench there? i thought she was stuck in the land of the great wan*er bush...

For people catching the winged transportifier to adelaide, there is a bus service from the landing pad to the city, the J1 and J2. These services cost about $3.60, and they let you get on/off a bus for two hours.

"master"
--FSA

--Rougie

Page: ......