Page: ......
PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
ok well its confirmed.

IVe booked the date in, and so now we have a lovely big Hall with a Kitchen and toilet block, along with a big ass campign area and flat area to use for the weekend! sept 30, Oct 1, 2 and 3. Its in a beautiful location only 5 minutes from the closest Public Transport and Supermarket, or 25 minutes by car from the Adelaide GPO. We can arrange transport to and from the site from the Bus stop given a bit of notice.

We've also bought a big ass markee to use as a 2nd learning area if the workshops get too big to fit in the hall.

I was thinking we could also have a bit of a party on the saturday night if people were able to chip in for a PA...

so yeah - if you are interested in something or doing something else - say so!

and yes - there will be a large campfire, and a big fire spin.

EDITED_BY: Pyrolific (1117711328)

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
awww chicken hug proud of you for following your gut hug love you!!! I'm sure all would have been good either way... but I'm glad you're doing what feels right for you ubblove

and hey this way taj has some masique about him... wink ..... and *everybodies* gonna wanna come to visit him in bissy now wink

and as Ry said.... we get to play with you and troy more.... hehehehe biggrin .... can't wait to play gorgeous girly handflamey goodness biggrin ubblove biggrin

eek gita's coming in ten minutes! eek

seeeeee youuuuu soooooooooooooooooon!*:::::::::::::.........

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

PhaerieBRONZE Member
veteran
1,240 posts

Posted:
i cried all the way home from the airport today frown i couldnt believe that there was a possiblity i could have come, i just didnt see the super cheap flight that my friend got *sighs*

ahh well, i guess i just wasnt meant to go this time frown

will meet all you lovelies another time definately!

hope you all have a super wonderful time biggrin
and make sure you have a spin for me (especially you kris!)

Only when you close your eyes can you really see...

courts1979BRONZE Member
Rainbow Brite
169 posts

Posted:
heya,
wave

Just a quick note to say have a wonderfully fantastic fun mental epic time everyone.. beerchug bounce grouphug bounce
So envious, enjoy!!!! ubblove

Courts x
ubbrollsmile

Lifes too short, dance nakked & wiggle ur arse!!

Sakura_MoonHop's Kitten Jester.
1,803 posts

Posted:
La-la, la-la-la
I'll occupy this thread while you're gone smile

.:Pink Exocutioner:.

I am Jack's Raging Bile Duct...

Loving you from the deepest part of my loins.

brodiemanold hand
1,024 posts

Posted:
i wish i was there frown

1,803 posts

Posted:
Same here frown

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Lordy what an awesome weekend.

Brilliant workshops, beautiful ppl and unreal Fire show saturday night.

Organisers deserve lots of hug hug hug hug and clap clap clap clap. Well done Kate and Josh and Ben and Lex ubblove ubblove. You guys are Leg Ends.

Such a lovely bunch of lush energyied people.

Thank you all for making my weekend very special.

Thanks to MOjojojojojoj and team for yummy food....

Not getting into more thankyous as I will miss ppl.

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

PhaerieBRONZE Member
veteran
1,240 posts

Posted:
photos?!?!?!??! PHOTOS!!!! WE NEED PHOTOS CAUSE WE WERE DEPRIVED!!!!!!!!!!

please? *sweet innocent smiley*

Only when you close your eyes can you really see...

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
aarrgghh..Im leaving internet land for a week.....cant wait to hear about the doof Sunday night and how the rest of the weekend went.

Did I mention boobie glitter wink and Pixie does a special tiger balm glitter biggrin wink ubblol

Well done everyone.

Hey guys please please post some of the henna shots in the new henna thread in Social discussion [Old link]

Flynt and I are planning a hair wraps workshop at CG next year wink

and a how to do henna one too...

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
I have a feeling there will soon be a major influx of photos...some say HOP will crash.... smile

The Doof was great! A great climax to a great weekend.

Thanks to everyone for an amazing weekend... wow... I'm still buzzing! smile

I hope everyone gets home safely! It was sad saying bye to everybody but it's great to think that all those beautiful people are out there somewhere! biggrin

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

1,803 posts

Posted:
I'll join in hair wraps, because god knows i make awesome hair.
I wanted to come.
My birthday was great, but i missed seeing my hoppers on sunday night.

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
Wow! What a fantastic weekend.

I had such an awesome time, awesome weather, meeting awesome people, learning awesome things smile The weekend was incredible.

I put a couple of photos up too, not too many at once though! I don't want to be responsible for hop crashing! ubblol

Thanks to the people who let this all happen. I can't imagine how hard the work was but it was certainly worth the lonely 10 hour bus trip! hug

.All things are beautiful if we take the time to look.

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
wave hiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!!! & wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh!!! biggrin that was THE BESTEST weekend ever!!!! biggrin biggrin hug hug2 grouphug thankyou guys!!

also - on the photo thing...i have a suggestion from conversations had either late last night or this morning...it's a lil hazy...anyhoo! so how about if we all go put our photos up on our other photo sites (everyone seems to have one!), just post a few of your faves on hop & then put a link in this thread to your photo site!! biggrin that way hop won't crash & malcolm will still love us!! tongue

i just had my first shower since friday morning...yay! i almost feel human again!! *woot*

& i would just like to say...boobie glitter rocks!! biggrin ubblol

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
Eggsellent!

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

MojojoGOLD Member
wandering dingo
167 posts

Posted:
Thanks everyone that was right up there on the the-most-amazing-things-I-have-ever-experienced list.
I actually cried on the plane.
And at the airport when I got home.
And if I keep thinking about it now I'll probably start again.

I will get some photos up tomorrow night, I took about a gazillion. Am watching my video of the show now as we speak too... geez we were good!

Goodnight all.

Only three things are certain: Death, Taxes, and that England will not win back the Ashes in this lifetime.

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
So I'm back here in front of my keyboard after the most lush weekend of camping, playing, firetwirling, druming, dancing and doofing, workshopping, delish food eating (thanks so much Jo & co!hug), pine forest adventuring, hill tumbling, valley frolicking sun basking, stargazing, human totem pole making.. I could keep listing!

Horrid of all of you CG people to make daily life such a pain to go back to. tongue

So very glad to have met so many of you special special people and I do so so so hope we all get to catch up really soon. I'll miss so many of you so very much.. redface

Thanks to everyone who helped put everything together- Josh, Kate, Ben, Lexy, Aaron, Lou, Roni, Jo, Kitty and the list of all of you I'll never end should I begin. Super job people. Very very muchly appreciated. hug hug hug

And super fireshow too- it was so fantastic watching it all!! ubblove

Can we do it next weekend too?? ubbangel

Take care all- catch up soon biggrin

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
Deep Soul Sheep, u are one hilarious cat!!!!

Non-Https Image Link

bumming around (daybreak revealed how close i was to the loo!)

Non-Https Image Link

home schweet home

Non-Https Image Link

Organik Kontackt

Non-Https Image Link

Fireworks Staffing

Non-Https Image Link

Phantom & Tyr performing fire adagio

So cool to be at a festival where the firetwirlers are in the majority for once.

What a beautiful feeling it has left me with!

ubblove ubblove ubblove

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

DragonFuryBRONZE Member
Draco Iracundia
784 posts

Posted:
Thanks for coming people!

CG 06 is already being planned biggrin

I had a great time, hope that everyone else did as well! it was soooo coool to put faces to names and give lots of hugs (and pokes, hehehe). See you all again soon biggrin

Do we sleep when we die?

6,978 posts

Posted:
some panoramas:

Non-Https Image Link

workshop area at day

Non-Https Image Link

workshop area before fire show

Non-Https Image Link

Poi leg of the mass burn at the end of the fire show

Non-Https Image Link

lighting the fire show bonfire

Non-Https Image Link

d-lish elke hoop performance!

likeitalot!

ezzBRONZE Member
moo..
1,899 posts

Posted:
*sigh* i am sad that i am home now. met so many lovely people who i already miss, can we just lock everyone in next year and never let them leave?

hug me!

6,978 posts

Posted:
next one should be held on a cactus farm tended by Kyle in his awesome psy-dungarees hehe

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
oh look at you my pixie princess elke!!

Its about time the wider community of hop got to see how damn talented you are!

sooooo this weekend has been put on my list of "bestest times ever!"

I met a gypsy who could FINALLY give me a reading!

soooo many lovely hoppers who made me smile and cry and have many many life realisations.

and of course my special fallout and flynty who dont know the difference between bread and rid.

I have already made a decision to come next year no matter what... and this time Tajeebum will be with us too!! biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin

so many thanks to Josh and Kate and Ben and Lex and Lou and dragonfury and Ronnie...

we better see you all at uber oz!!! hug hug

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

3,492 posts

Posted:
....I think this pretty much somes up how we're all feeling today.... ubblol

Non-Https Image Link

.....or for those of you still driving...

Non-Https Image Link

biggrin

.... ofcorse all followed by big grins... and giggles.... my golly ... my tummy and cheeks are sore from so much laughter and smiles.... which is the best feeling biggrin ubblol biggrin

Thanks to EVERYONE for making this weekend so special and magickal and amazing.... you all rock!

Connected with some yummy souls this weekend... you're all such amazing people ubblove hug smile

.... more and more I'm like Valura's idea of a traveling gypsy hippy commune of beautiful hoppers..... biggrin ubblove grouphug ubblove biggrin

.:*drifts off into a beautiful floaty dreamy place*:.

....:::::::*

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
*sigh*

I didnt want to leave.
I didnt want any of us to leave!

this was a life changing, overwhelmingly blissful weekend, and I'm so full of glad I can hardly move! hehehee

I miss you all, I made so many lovely connections this weekend, and I cant wait to see you all again, and hug you!!

Love to all the Common Grounders and I'll put some funny quotes up when I get home tonight!
ubblove

xoxoxoxo
Flynty

Currently on the right side up of the world.

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
Bender! Super Elke pic! ubblove

3,492 posts

Posted:
smile

The bonfire shot is *magick*

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
i really enjoyed the weekend i wish it had been a week, it was great seeing so many familar faces and awesome to meet so many new spinners. hug to all you lovely folk. i cant wait to see you all at uberoz, earthcore, rainbow etc biggrin

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
oh yeah and a special thanks to dave for introducing me to solid cross contact, cross is soooooo the new staff biggrin

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

Adya MiriyanaGOLD Member
*slou?
6,554 posts

Posted:
*sigh* indeed..

I just didn't want to leave! This weekend has been one of the best i've EVER had - was so absolutely fantastic to meet all of the wonderful, wonderful people that i did! ubbrollsmile

The biggest hugs and thanks to EVERYBODY grouphug

The weather was perfect, the workshops ran well and were well organised, any worries we had beforehand were overcome and everyone was so beautiful and easy to get along with that it really felt like a huge family ubblove

will put up some pics once i get them organised and remember a few quotes, of which many have been lost in the sea of Common Ground bounciness bounce

Everything now seems so surreal, to think that at this time yesterday i was frolicking in the long wavy grass and sun on the common.. the tents of various pixies and hippies slowly disappearing.. to leave just the trees and grass moving in the breeze, nothing to suggest to a stranger of the fun that was had - but to those who created it, there's still a trail of sparkles ubblove

will see you all again at some point [surely at CG06 wink]

Love you all, and thankyou once again to absolutely everybody hug hug hug
-Lou

3,492 posts

Posted:
oh and hey... all those lovelies who asked when the next moonfest was... and i said around the 14th.... well i was thinking of the january one for Uber Oz.... but if your planning to come up to brizzy for October Moonfest it's 17th October smile

.:*still real smiley from the weekend*:.

Page: ......