Page: ......
PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
ok well its confirmed.

IVe booked the date in, and so now we have a lovely big Hall with a Kitchen and toilet block, along with a big ass campign area and flat area to use for the weekend! sept 30, Oct 1, 2 and 3. Its in a beautiful location only 5 minutes from the closest Public Transport and Supermarket, or 25 minutes by car from the Adelaide GPO. We can arrange transport to and from the site from the Bus stop given a bit of notice.

We've also bought a big ass markee to use as a 2nd learning area if the workshops get too big to fit in the hall.

I was thinking we could also have a bit of a party on the saturday night if people were able to chip in for a PA...

so yeah - if you are interested in something or doing something else - say so!

and yes - there will be a large campfire, and a big fire spin.

EDITED_BY: Pyrolific (1117711328)

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
*guards marshmallows with a watchfull eye*

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
Just glanced at the attendance list- it's going to be so good!! Just like this yummy marshmallow.. biggrin

.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
ummmmm redface *ashamed* I kinda stopped readin this a while ago... coz i thought I couldn't go... and readinging it made me sad that I was missing out on all the fun... but now that I'm coming bounce I don't suppose someone could recap what's been happening on the last zillion pages in a neat little package for me ubbangel ......... biggrin ubblol wink

***looking at flights***

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
not alot.

mig has spare tent space. most of the pages are just filled with people saying wether they can / cannot come, and other peoples reactions to that.

*offers the pixiefied one a marshmallow, gelatine free if need be*

cheers, pete hug

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

3,492 posts

Posted:
hey.... don't now if anyone's already thought of this kinda thing... but maybe we could have a bit of a group warmup games sorta thingy? shrug

Zoom Zap Screech is always a goodie! biggrin

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
We?

Are you not at Bellingen that weekend, Miss Pixieubblove ?

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

Adya MiriyanaGOLD Member
*slou?
6,554 posts

Posted:
Zoom Zap Screech?? umm

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
Warm up games sound like fun!

I like games! smile

.All things are beautiful if we take the time to look.

3,492 posts

Posted:
hehehehe ummm yeah zoom zap screech... umm hehehe I hope I'm not alone on this one redface

it's a group warm-up game where you pass the energy round the circle

so I'd love to see like *everyone* getting together for this group warm up thing...

Zoom passes the energy from side to side round the circle

Zap can zap anyone you like in the circle...

and Screech is a rebound ... bounces the energy back to the person that zoom/zap/scrreched you

pretty simple but heaps of fun biggrin (and makes everyone giggle lots ubblol wink)

yeah gabe ... we, as a group decided not to do bellingen this year ....hopefully we'll do bellingen at another time... it's a beautiful festival.... peace

which means I can come to Adelaide biggrin

so yeah... you can put me on the hoppers attendant list.... just a matter of booking the flight now smile*:.

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
Written by: .:* Moon Pixie *:.

biggrin right back atcha bender! biggrin

arhhhg SO exited!*:.:* ubbrollsmile.:*:.

*waits for kristy and troy to find this... and yoinks a sip of pete's hot chocolate*

**falls over hyperventalating**

ARGHGHGHGHGHGHGH

*glub*

my pixie is coming!!! ubbrollsmile ubbrollsmile ubbrollsmile ubbrollsmile ubbrollsmile ubbrollsmile ubbrollsmile ubbrollsmile ubbrollsmile ubbrollsmile
is becca too? ubbloco ubbloco ubbloco

i wuv you nellke ubblove ubbrollsmile hug

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
YAY! pixie is coming to common ground!! biggrin *dances around with everyone else*

clap

i like the sound/s of that game pixie!! biggrin

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

3,492 posts

Posted:
I don't think becca is coming too frown

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
ohhh.... no becca? *pouts*

Taj is making a teeshirt to wear to common ground that says
"im with THE elke"
whaddya reckon pixie? *cheeky grin*

we have a tent that you can use cause margita doesnt need it now... unless you have one? hug

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

Kyle McLeanBRONZE Member
Living it up
363 posts

Posted:
WHEEEEEEE!
3 cheers for pixie's here!
biggrin biggrin biggrin
Written by: .:* Moon Pixie *:.

hehehehe ummm yeah zoom zap screech... umm hehehe I hope I'm not alone on this one redface

...And don't worry I'll be well keen. Good idea hug

Contact without dance is like sex without wiggling.
A) it does feel as good
B) it does not look as good on film

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
So hey all you well behaved melbournites and Falloutboy,
do any of you have room for firetoy stow?
thanks!!!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
for ppl trying to organise lifts,tents,toy transport etc can i suggest also posting it to the mailing list https://groups.yahoo.com/group/Common_Ground_Weekend/
to reach the less internet addicted types smile

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

Kyle McLeanBRONZE Member
Living it up
363 posts

Posted:
Hey Ben hug
Thanks for herding the cats (I include myself in this catagory).

and ot briefly, sorry didn't call you back. Out bush doing a gig but I'll ring you when I'm back. Do you use Skype?

Contact without dance is like sex without wiggling.
A) it does feel as good
B) it does not look as good on film

3,492 posts

Posted:
Written by:

Valura:

ohhh.... no becca? *pouts*

Taj is making a teeshirt to wear to common ground that says
"im with THE elke"
whaddya reckon pixie? *cheeky grin*

we have a tent that you can use cause margita doesnt need it now... unless you have one?

ubblol cheeky grin indeed biggrin ... ..I'm just *an* elke... wink

only if i'm aloud to have a shirt that says "I'm with Tajeebum" biggrin ubblove hug

... and hey ... would love to borrow your tent hug if it's not already promiced to someone smile It's been a while since I've camped in an actual tent... and not in the back of my pixiemobile home... eek hope I still know how to pitch a tent... ubblol

thanks lovely ubblove

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
ooooh
I'm sad you're not going to Bellingen bye

But happy for YOU that you will have a great time at the Hopthang...

Pitching a tent ubblol

reminds me one year at Woodford, set up day, after dark, hearing all sorts of squeaks and rants and groans coming from the terrace above me and someone finally saying

* How many jugglers does it take to pitch a tent?! *

ubblol

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

Adya MiriyanaGOLD Member
*slou?
6,554 posts

Posted:
internet addicted types? pah! wink

hey, 27 days to go! bounce

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
bender, yep! we do! give us a call at leaning house some time smile

xoxox

Currently on the right side up of the world.

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
Moonpixie:

ubblol cheeky grin indeed biggrin ... ..I'm just *an* elke... wink

only if i'm aloud to have a shirt that says "I'm with Tajeebum" biggrin ubblove hug

... and hey ... would love to borrow your tent hug if it's not already promiced to someone smile It's been a while since I've camped in an actual tent... and not in the back of my pixiemobile home... eek hope I still know how to pitch a tent... ubblol

thanks lovely ubblove

I would love to help make your Tajeebum teeshirt!!

*wiggles*

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
Hey guys. Take me off the list...

I won't be able to make it. I thought I'd have a space in someone's car but those plans fell through. And I don't think my parents will be happy about the idea of me travelling for a day on a bus/train, or flying by myself....

I'm so sad right now. frown

falloutboySILVER Member
remember
433 posts

Posted:
Ahoy there respectable thread attendees... and Bender smile
Ya, we've got bunches of space for firetoys - and if the boot gets all full up i entirely intend on strapping the leftovers to the roof, lighting them, and then doing an impromptu impersonation of a Brown-stationwagon-shaped Rocket ALL the way to Adelaide! Baby!
wink

-As angels debate chance and fate-
i was riding through melbourne on a midget giraffe, things were peachy.

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
How can I convince my parents to let me come to this thing? They're not really that strict but for some reason they don't want me going. They haven't said no, but they haven't exactly said yes either. It was like a 'we'll work it out when it gets closer' and now that it's closer they don't want to hear anything about it.

I mentioned it ages ago and they seemed fine with it but now that it's getting closer they're not so sure. I enquired about the times and prices of a bus to Adelaide. It's not about the money, it's about permission!

I think all of you who know me should call my parents and say 'Don't worry about it, I'll look after her'. ubblol

It's a shame that it's not a few days later, because I'm 18 on the 5th...and when you're 18 there's that whole 'I can do what I like' thing.

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
you can do that at 16, i thought tongue

Plus, you could play the 'i'm going to be 18 soon, and doing all sorts of stuff. you've seen how supportive and friendly the community is, and how will you ever be able to accept my trustworthiness if you don't let me start somewhere. here is as good as anywhere' Possibly even relate it to moving away for uni, but that could be a little tetchy. Not sure if telling them i'll be there would help or not *looks innocent*

"beg beg grovel beg grovel"
"master"
--FSA

"There was an arse there, i couldn't help myself"
--Rougie

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
I will reel off all the hoppers i've met and dad has met like you and the melb twirlerws he's met. Usually if I say 'and such and such will be there!' it usually reassures him.

But I still don't think it will work.

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
The best thing to do is wait until you are 30, then you can do whatever you like...

no need to rush these things... ;-)

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
Hahaha, but how many times is something like this going to happen?

I'm working on it guys...at the moment it's looking maybe...60% chance of coming. Better than nothing I guess.

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
does your dad have a fax at work? maybe i could fax him something on my work letterhead (which all official & government-y) to say i'll look after ya! biggrin i could call your folks? tell them to call rougie's folks! i took good care of her at woodford last year!! biggrin

what is your parents email address? i think we should flood them with emails saying "PLEASE let steph come to common ground cos it just won't be as fun and there'll be lots of upset hippies in adelaide going where's steph she should be here and having fun with us!" rolleyes yes?

ubblol

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

Page: ......