Page: ......
PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
ok well its confirmed.

IVe booked the date in, and so now we have a lovely big Hall with a Kitchen and toilet block, along with a big ass campign area and flat area to use for the weekend! sept 30, Oct 1, 2 and 3. Its in a beautiful location only 5 minutes from the closest Public Transport and Supermarket, or 25 minutes by car from the Adelaide GPO. We can arrange transport to and from the site from the Bus stop given a bit of notice.

We've also bought a big ass markee to use as a 2nd learning area if the workshops get too big to fit in the hall.

I was thinking we could also have a bit of a party on the saturday night if people were able to chip in for a PA...

so yeah - if you are interested in something or doing something else - say so!

and yes - there will be a large campfire, and a big fire spin.

EDITED_BY: Pyrolific (1117711328)

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
i found this one...
https://photobucket.com/albums/v601/Bendered/Common%20Ground%2005/
warning, pictures may contain traces of nutz

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

bluebottleSILVER Member
118 posts

Posted:
hi everyone,
Common Ground was a great weekend, heaps of fun meeting everyone and learning new moves.

Fantastic collection of photos there smile If anyone needs more hosting space than available on hop or any free providers, send me a PM, i've got plenty of space left on my server.

tAlex

Yebra (n.) - A cross between a zebra and anything that fancies zebras. -- Douglas Adams & John Lloyd

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
errr Tyr lovely, you do know that Ziggy is Josh's not mine? Them giraffe aliens probed him real good...

I'm just his disapproving aunty Flynt.

Currently on the right side up of the world.

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
I'll be putting all mine up at a later date, after i can shrink them etc.

Will post on here when i do.

"beg beg grovel beg grovel"
"master"
--FSA

"There was an arse there, i couldn't help myself"
--Rougie

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
clap thanks for that list steph!! hug2 i think my computer is gonna crash from all the pictures!! ubblol

so when is next year's common ground??? tongue

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

J-Jmember
41 posts

Posted:
biggrin biggrin That was such an awesome weekend. biggrin biggrin

I had a great time, learnt lots of new stuff, ate dee-licous mojojo meals and met so many wonderful people I'll never forget. grouphug

big thanks and hug to the people who did such a brilliant job of making this happen. You are the best. smile

And I'd like to take this opportunity to invite everyone come and join us in Busselton (2.5hrs south of Perth) this November for something same same but different:
Perth Fire Group in conjunction with the UWA Juggling Club presents weavesmiley J-camp 05 juggle 18-21 nov 2005.
"A weekend of fun & games (and henna, and hair-braiding, and massage) plus a heap of workshops on poi, staff & many juggling activities." Plenty of fire-twirling as well of course biggrin We'd love to have you join us. hug
All the details are here: https://www.kyelight.net/forum/cgi-bin/YaBB.cgi?board=doof;action=display;num=1123757402;start=0#0
Questions? Ask Gnor or me
(but as I don't get to spend nearly as much time on HoP as I would like, you'll probably get a reply quicker if you ask gnor)

"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by" - Douglas Adams

.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
Written by:

i think my computer is gonna crash from all the pictures!!

..... ubbidea ...oh so *that's why my computer was making a louder hhhhhuuuuuummmmmmm than usual ubbloco ubblol ubbloco

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

TyrGOLD Member
Simplicity Convoluter & Cabbage Friend
126 posts
Location: In the shadow of the wolf (somewhere over melbourn...

Posted:
Ziggy is Josh’s!!! smile

Oh well – Josh just went up in cool points and Flynt just went down…

Lucky Flyntie has HEAPS of cool point to spare!!! *Hugs*.

P.s. Being Ziggy’s auntie and public liaison officer is a very important task too wink

P.p.s. Anyone in Melbourne wanna spin fire for a charity (raising money for the Cancer Council) - this Sat night at about 7pm? (Outside a Bar in the CBD – nothing fancy and no insurance required, just no burning guests). If yes gimmi a call 0421 851 886 or email crystalflame@mail.com Cheers D.

“What are you creatures of Fantastica? Dreams, poetic inventions, characters in a neverending story.”
Gmork
‘The Neverending Story’

Sakura_MoonHop's Kitten Jester.
1,803 posts

Posted:
*wallows in self pity*
I wish i'd come.

.:Pink Exocutioner:.

I am Jack's Raging Bile Duct...

Loving you from the deepest part of my loins.

6,978 posts

Posted:
at least be consoled to know that yours is the 1000th reply!
woot for numerology!!!

down with underwear.

Hana4BRONZE Member
burner
90 posts

Posted:
It's so great to be looking at all the fantastic photos and reliving the whole thing biggrin Thanks heaps to everyone that took the time to take photos and put them up hug as I was very much on the photographic slack end.

I only wish there had been more time to get to know more people grouphug

I put forward the motion that Common Ground 2006 be a week long event. Who's with me on this one? bounce

crazy fairy girlnewbie
2 posts

Posted:
Hey everyone!!!

Thanks for an amazing crazy weekend! I have never met so many beautiful people before and I will never forget it.

Please put me down for one of those T-shirts, I would love to be able to say ten years from now that I was at the first Common Ground.

Put me down for next year!!!

KatincaSee my vest.... see my vest...
693 posts

Posted:
Hooray for everything!!

Well that was most fun. And you know what I can't believe it! We just finished packing up the final things and taking the PA back yesterday and it was a beautiful day. Then last night, we had a lightening storm and today it has been raining all day. Apparently it's going to rain for the rest of the week and early next week. So we were SOOOOOOOOOOO lucky with the weather.

But that means it was mean to be as lush weekend as it was. I had an awesome time. Wish I had a chance to spin a bit more, but was just a tad too busy to do that, and very tired. It seemed like every time I picked up my poi/staff I was too tired to do stuff. But you get that.

Thank you to all who made it special and for helping out when things needed to be done. It wouldn't have been possible or as amazing as it was without every single one of you helping and contributing your beautiful spirits and energies into the weekend.

Special thanks to Kristy, Flynty and Elke, it was lovely to have you girls there. Flynt my sides still hurt. biggrin

And did anyone get the details of that Gypsy dude. I wanted to get his contact details, but he mysteriously vanished before the next morning when I could get them. Must be a Gypsy talent biggrin

Anyway massive grouphug to all, and looking forward to it next year, we might even do a summer CG here on a nice beach... wink see what happens.

OH yeah and everyone who decides to miss Adelaide because is “not worth” travelling to. I bet your kicking yourselves now eh? ubbloco

Hopefully will be seeing a few more Hoppers passing through here. We have a WICKED fire scene and our under the bridge Friday fire nights are mouchoius fun.

Ok gonna shudup now, been ranting for way too long.

* Back to Lurking *

~*~ Folds hand behind her back and skips away while whistling merrily ~*~

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
oh and if anyone can help us out with video footage of CG, both the show and other stuff that would be well wicked cuz we are going to be applying for grants for the next one, and it would be great to have some vid for our applications.

thanks!

Josh

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
dexta! did you give me a ride to the airport on monday morning??? confused have a feeling it was you...but i have a shocking memory for names (especially when there's real names & hop names to learn! ubbloco )

ahem! well, if it was you that gave me a ride...i hope i didn't annoy you guys too much with the "wow! look at that! i have to come back!! woohh!! wine centre!!" & so on & so on... tongue thankyou so much for giving me a ride to the airport!! i lost you guys pretty much straight away (not a bad effort, given the size of adelaide's airport!! ubblol ) so i didn't get a chance to thank you for the lift!! hug

if it wasn't you...then...whoever it was, please own up cos you rock!! biggrin

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
Written by: Pyrolific

oh and if anyone can help us out with video footage of CG, both the show and other stuff that would be well wicked cuz we are going to be applying for grants for the next one, and it would be great to have some vid for our applications.

thanks!

Josh

we have video of the whole show...we can send it down to you.. or maybe can you teach us the spangly way of sending it through the net? hug

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

3,492 posts

Posted:
oohhh oohhhh bounce

.:*grabs a box of popcorn and sits in front of Valura's video*:. biggrin

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

3,492 posts

Posted:
and hey Kate, you gorgeous girl! hug ubblove hug ...thank YOU so much for all your energy sweet one!

I really enjoyed playing with you... would love to hangout more... your a beautifully strong and grounded person!*:. hug ubblove hug

TyrGOLD Member
Simplicity Convoluter & Cabbage Friend
126 posts
Location: In the shadow of the wolf (somewhere over melbourn...

Posted:
I can contribute some video footage too smile Mostly the show but some other bits too.

“What are you creatures of Fantastica? Dreams, poetic inventions, characters in a neverending story.”
Gmork
‘The Neverending Story’

6,978 posts

Posted:
I've got premiere and an a biblical amount of hosting, would love for the chance to put the footage together so the rest of earthstralia can share what we all had.

3,492 posts

Posted:
Sounds great bender! biggrin

.:*gets more popcorn ready for everyone and sits on comfy beanbag infront of video screen*:.

biggrin ubblove grouphug ubblove biggrin
EDITED_BY: .:* Moon Pixie *:. (1128906737)

KatincaSee my vest.... see my vest...
693 posts

Posted:
*munches on popcorn*

Mmmmm buttered and salted. biggrin

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

DragonFuryBRONZE Member
Draco Iracundia
784 posts

Posted:
and iceing sugar?

Do we sleep when we die?

MojojoGOLD Member
wandering dingo
167 posts

Posted:
By popular request, I present
smileThe recipes from the common ground kitchen. smile
It's as close to what I did as I can remember, as most of the recipes are in my head and I tend to cook intuitively and not with a book.

Aloo Gobi Masala
(potato curry)

Spice mix:
2 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp turmeric
1/4 tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp chilli powder (or more or less according to how you like it)
pinch of asafoetida (also known as "hing" - ask at your asian grocer)
Mix spices together with about 1/4 cup water

have everything ready to go before you start to make it easy.

heat 2 Tbsp ghee or oil - see note in a pan/wok/pot
add 4 medium potatoes , peeled and cut into 2cm cubes
add spice mix, stir to coat all the potato. Cook for a couple of minutes.
Add 2 diced tomatoes or 1/2 can of diced tomatoes.
and some water, just enough to simmer in, not too much.
You can now add other hard veges in too if you want, I would definitely go for cauliflower
If you want to add green veges, do this when everything else is basically cooked. (spinach is a good one to add too)

cook some more, until veges are tender but not soggy. Add more water in a little at a time if needed.
add in 2 tsp mustard seeds, 1/2 tsp cumin seeds,
two tomatoes cut into 8 wedges
some curry leaves, torn into pieces or chopped (you can use dried ones, just soak them in hot water for a while first)
2 tablespoons of curd (I left this out)
salt and chopped fresh chillies to taste. Cook about another five minutes, or until you are ready to eat it!

Serve with steamed basmati rice or as a side dish to other curries.
Yummy.

*Ghee is clarified butter, you can buy it or make it. It is just the clear fat part, without the milk solids. To make ghee, heat 250 gms butter in a small saucepan very very slowly so the white bits stay on the bottom and the yellow clear oily bit separates to the top. Once it is melted, slowly and carefully pour off the clear stuff, avoid getting any white bits in it. Keep it in the fridge. Throw away the rest, its useless. Very salty!

Alternatively just use butter, or oil. Oil can give the curry a slightly bitter taste though. Best oil to use if you must use oil is sunflower oil. (thats what we used at CG)

The rest to follow soon - work calls.... frown

Only three things are certain: Death, Taxes, and that England will not win back the Ashes in this lifetime.

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
!!

Super stuff Jo, THX!! Much appreciated. hug

Hana4BRONZE Member
burner
90 posts

Posted:
Hey gita! Yeah, it was me that gave you the lift to the airport smile

No worries about the enthusiastic pointing all the way there. I was quite keen on the wine centre myself! beerchug If only we had the time. We'll put it on the "To Do" list for next year clap

Donno how we lost you at the airport either. I imagine it was something to do with being totally zonked from the past few days.

hug till next we meet hug

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
My site's been updated with all the latest pictures - Head to www.mig.everythingforums.com/cg.htm for about 100 of the best ones i had.

"beg beg grovel beg grovel"
"master"
--FSA

"There was an arse there, i couldn't help myself"
--Rougie

6,978 posts

Posted:
temporal frames are cool smile

falloutboySILVER Member
remember
433 posts

Posted:

Non-Https Image Link

Yah, so i've also finally got around to uploading a few photos from CG..(not many but some).

falloutboy's photo bonanza

Additionally.. i'd like to officially state that i had an ABSOLUTE BALL meeting (and in some cases, re-meeting) all you Lovely HoPPers at Common Ground! It was brilliant and exciting and sooo much fun with soo many hugs! Thanks to everyone and anyone who helped in any way (that's everyone) to make it become such a fun & smile filled adventure. Can't wait for the next one! Wooooooo!!! biggrin hug hug

-As angels debate chance and fate-
i was riding through melbourne on a midget giraffe, things were peachy.

MojojoGOLD Member
wandering dingo
167 posts

Posted:
Great photos there MiG and falloutboy. Thanks!!

More food....

Sweet corn chowder: (makes heaps)

1 cup cannelini beans, soaked overnight. (or used canned ones)
1 cup yellow lentils
4 large potatoes, peeled, cubed.
1 small onion, diced.
3 cubes of "Massel ultracube chicken style stock" - see note
water

2 x 440g cans of creamed corn
1 cup frozen corn kernels, or fresh.

fry the onion in a little oil. Add beans, lentils, potatoes, and stock cubes, cover with water and bring to the boil, cook until its all soggy. At this point you can mix it with a stab blender if you have one, or a potato masher. Mash it till most of the big bits are broken up.

Now add the creamed corn, and corn kernels, salt and cracked black pepper and chopped fresh parsley. Add some water if its too thick.
You can add cream if you like as well. (I don't)

Serve with crusty bread smothered in butter!

* Massel stock cubes are just about the best stock cubes ever. They come in beef style, chicken style and vege style, but NONE of them have any animal content or MSG at all. They are very good quality. You can get them in coles woolies etc

Only three things are certain: Death, Taxes, and that England will not win back the Ashes in this lifetime.

Page: ......