Page: ......
PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
ok well its confirmed.

IVe booked the date in, and so now we have a lovely big Hall with a Kitchen and toilet block, along with a big ass campign area and flat area to use for the weekend! sept 30, Oct 1, 2 and 3. Its in a beautiful location only 5 minutes from the closest Public Transport and Supermarket, or 25 minutes by car from the Adelaide GPO. We can arrange transport to and from the site from the Bus stop given a bit of notice.

We've also bought a big ass markee to use as a 2nd learning area if the workshops get too big to fit in the hall.

I was thinking we could also have a bit of a party on the saturday night if people were able to chip in for a PA...

so yeah - if you are interested in something or doing something else - say so!

and yes - there will be a large campfire, and a big fire spin.

EDITED_BY: Pyrolific (1117711328)

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

Groovy_DreamSILVER Member
addict
449 posts

Posted:
Written by: The Fade

hey kids, remember if you bring sticks or poi over on a plane, while they have to be smell free to get through, theyre also gonna have to be smell free to get through ON THE WAY HOME. something to keep in mind.

maybe it would be a good idea to find a brisbane-ite who is driving (are there any??) and give them a little incentive to be a pack horse for peoples fire toys to save the trouble of airports altogether.

Meh, they can cross that bridge when they get to it ubbrollsmile

sureauenthusiast
224 posts

Posted:
Written by: The Fade

hey kids, remember if you bring sticks or poi over on a plane, while they have to be smell free to get through, theyre also gonna have to be smell free to get through ON THE WAY HOME. something to keep in mind.

maybe it would be a good idea to find a brisbane-ite who is driving (are there any??) and give them a little incentive to be a pack horse for peoples fire toys to save the trouble of airports altogether.

Hmm didn't think of that. There may be a bunch of Brisbanites stranded in Adelaide, protesting to leave without their toys ubbrollsmile ubblol Maybe we'll all head back on foot. There is a camel farm near me. How 'bout I hijack a few and we can become an authentic caravan trekking across the plains cool

"Be the Bunny"

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
hehehe...well at least if we can resist using fire toys for a month (not likely as moonfest is two weeks before!) then we'd only have to rewick once... smile

lucky there's a few months to think about it & figure something out!! ubblol

i don't know if anyone from qld is driving...they're gonna have a full car if they are methinks!! ubblol

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

The FadeSILVER Member
fading happily....
212 posts

Posted:
Written by: sureau

There is a camel farm near me. How 'bout I hijack a few and we can become an authentic caravan trekking across the plains cool

i would so ditch melbourne to join in on that little expidition! doooooooo eeeeeeeeeeeeet!! biggrin

We walk light
Down the wires
Higher than weather baloons
Empty hearts on fire...

addict
449 posts

Posted:
To all those who are won't be able to take their toys back with them: leave them with me, i'll look after em smile

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
i'm hoping to actually getting around to taking the photos of my car tomorrow. I'll stick a link to them in here, cos my gallery just can't handle it ubblol

"beg beg grovel beg grovel"
"master"
--FSA

"There was an arse there, i couldn't help myself"
--Rougie

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
we were told by virgin that as long as your staffs and the chain of your Poi etc are free from soot and the wicking is removed and placed in an air tight container and placed in the luggage there is no problem. Thats how we got all our gear to melburp. That should solve the problem of the smell... anyway I didnt even dewick my poi last time I just wrapped them up in gladwrap and chucked them in an airtight container in my bag. smile

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

sureauenthusiast
224 posts

Posted:
Written by: PsyRush

To all those who are won't be able to take their toys back with them: leave them with me, i'll look after em smile

umm

ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol

Oooh the cheek spank devil

"Be the Bunny"

Sakura_MoonHop's Kitten Jester.
1,803 posts

Posted:
*gets all excited.....again*

.:Pink Exocutioner:.

I am Jack's Raging Bile Duct...

Loving you from the deepest part of my loins.

DragonFuryBRONZE Member
Draco Iracundia
784 posts

Posted:
Sakura, your going to have the highest blood pressure if you stay excited for the next 3(and a bit) months.

Do we sleep when we die?

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
I'm wondering if they will let me take my hoop on the plane...it is a bit awkward insize and shape so I'm wondering if it would be a problem.

DragonFuryBRONZE Member
Draco Iracundia
784 posts

Posted:
You'd just have to check it in as special luggage i reckon. like people with bikes or computers etc do, for going under the plane.

Do we sleep when we die?

sureauenthusiast
224 posts

Posted:
Written by: Medusa

I'm wondering if they will let me take my hoop on the plane...it is a bit awkward insize and shape so I'm wondering if it would be a problem.

I'm sure it should be ok. Can probably just sit over a whole bunch of stuff. Is it normal hoop or fire hula? Moonpixie and Bec recently went to Fiji and I assume they took theirs with them.... Over to them.... Pixies??????

"Be the Bunny"

.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
nahhhh we didn't take fire gear after all... they had local polynesian dancers who did their traditional fire dancing (with petrol! eek)....and very spunky non fire dancing too wink might I add (HOT! biggrin )

we just did stilts and contact juggling in the end (kinda good 'cause we didn't have to sort all the stuff with fuel and flying with fire equipment like we did with Singapore ...Becca made a new fire hoop over there... and you have to make sure there is absolutely no fuel in your fire gear when flying and pack it in good... sometimes you get parranoid airline people than make you take the wicks off of take your fire gear off you and stuff... frown

Play hoops should be fine... but might have to go in oversize bagage confused .... and you'd want to make sure you put a *top load* sticker on it... I could imagine a hula hoop getting very wobbley if heavy luggage got put on top of it

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
ok to keep things simple we have decided for ppl who are coming from interstate once you have booked your airfair that will confirm your place otherwise its just going to get complicated smile so to save me from have to reread through all 13 pages of this thread once u have booked your flight please pm me with

first and last name
flight number and arrival time (this is to help with cooridinating pickups/finding the best way to get you from there to here)

people bringing sticks/hoops other bendable objects i would advise you to make sure u ask them to put a fragile sticker on your gear bag as one of my sticks got bent on the way back from perth to adelaide flying with virgin frown

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

mycoBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,084 posts

Posted:
what about people who are driving from interstate?

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
ok, the attachment point thing isn't as big as i thought. anyway, pics are:

They're pretty big, by the way. (~600k each)
View from the side
Slightly shakey one of the boot (full. I'll empty it and stuff pre-event)
Where the strappy things screw into the car (1 on each side of boot)
The aforementioned strappy thing (again, one each side)

"master"
--FSA

--Rougie

1,803 posts

Posted:
I'm booking my plane ticket some time this week!!!!!
Eeeeeeeeee
*tries to get non excited*
Hehehehe
eek
I cant listen my mp3 player on the plane!
That thing is my LIFE (a large part of it, anyway)
I'm going to spray paint my tent so it looks like an igloo.
*runs off to find spray paint*
Hehehehe

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
ubblol i can't wait to see that tent sakura!! & you will definitely be able to find it easily!! biggrin

thanks for the info valura!! biggrin that sounds much easier! & hopefully i will have bought some new poi by then anyway so they shouldn't be too grubby!! ubblol

and ben...pm with details is on the way!! biggrin

bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

DragonFuryBRONZE Member
Draco Iracundia
784 posts

Posted:
you can use your mp3 player, just not for the first 1/2 hour or the last 1/2 hour of the flight.

Do we sleep when we die?

The FadeSILVER Member
fading happily....
212 posts

Posted:
lol so she can use it for the 10 minutes or so in the middle :P great ubblol

We walk light
Down the wires
Higher than weather baloons
Empty hearts on fire...

DragonFuryBRONZE Member
Draco Iracundia
784 posts

Posted:
yeah, i wanted to use my digital camera when i was taking off to get some cloud pics but they said i wasn't allowed... and then when i could use it, the sky was clear blue...

Do we sleep when we die?

courts1979BRONZE Member
Rainbow Brite
169 posts

Posted:
Written by: Ry

eek Wear your own skin!!

Oops.. better bring this back on topic. Hmm.. Hi Ben! ubblol

NICE call Ry probably the best i've heard... biggrin

Sakura: I have my fly for my tent rainbow spray painted... hug

Just a thought... kinda weird all the different specifications regarding certain types of luggage on domestic planes, wicks, smell etca..... Pity once it goes through to baggage handling anything can happen...
wink

CX
ubbrollsmile

Lifes too short, dance nakked & wiggle ur arse!!

1,803 posts

Posted:
Lol, my mp3 player has a computer bits in it wghich will interfere with the flight instruments and i'll end up in alice springs rather than adelaide...
I couldnt find any white or blue spray paint but i did find silver, black and hot pink.
*gets ideas*
Maybe i can just spray on a huge sakura flower and a moon...

Cerambusnewbie
18 posts

Posted:
Or with those colours, you could do your avatar. smile

I think I'm going to be tentless, fortunately it's not too far from home.

bah-bee-boop-bee-beep-bah-bahp-boop!

mycoBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,084 posts

Posted:
hey cer: i've got a little one person tent if you want a loan? i don't think i've promised it to anyone yet biggrin

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
i should hopefully have a 4 person dome tent spare too.

"master"
--FSA

--Rougie

addict
449 posts

Posted:
Written by: Sakura_moon

Lol, my mp3 player has a computer bits in it wghich will interfere with the flight instruments and i'll end up in alice springs rather than adelaide...

You can use their on-board easy listening channel, hehe

ezzBRONZE Member
moo..
1,899 posts

Posted:
yeh if you buy there stupid headphones...grrr stupid stupidness

hug me!

DragonFuryBRONZE Member
Draco Iracundia
784 posts

Posted:
what the heck is in your mp3 player? a mobile phone?
and qantas inflight music isn't that bad....

Do we sleep when we die?

Page: ......