Page: ......
PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
ok well its confirmed.

IVe booked the date in, and so now we have a lovely big Hall with a Kitchen and toilet block, along with a big ass campign area and flat area to use for the weekend! sept 30, Oct 1, 2 and 3. Its in a beautiful location only 5 minutes from the closest Public Transport and Supermarket, or 25 minutes by car from the Adelaide GPO. We can arrange transport to and from the site from the Bus stop given a bit of notice.

We've also bought a big ass markee to use as a 2nd learning area if the workshops get too big to fit in the hall.

I was thinking we could also have a bit of a party on the saturday night if people were able to chip in for a PA...

so yeah - if you are interested in something or doing something else - say so!

and yes - there will be a large campfire, and a big fire spin.

EDITED_BY: Pyrolific (1117711328)

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

The FadeSILVER Member
fading happily....
212 posts

Posted:
oooo can i buy like 100 tickets and then sell them at an inflated price on ebay??? ill be rich i tells ya! RICH!!!

We walk light
Down the wires
Higher than weather baloons
Empty hearts on fire...

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
Hi guys wave

Great idea, luv the workshop program. Better put me down for an early bird ticket, and I’d love help out. Perhaps with old skool club swinging, hobo notation and DJing.

Just a few ideas and thoughts. Hope they help.

Workshops The more popular props, like devil stix, hoop and juggling could all have their own workshops. But, depending demand, perhaps a circus skills workshop could be option for misc. props like diabolo, devil stix, hats, cigar boxes, basic juggling and hoop etc.

A club passing workshop would be great.

Dance workshops. If required, there might be an option to combine some of the dance workshops. Like breakdancing is not capoeira, but perhaps you could run an acro type workshop. I really like to see an integrated poi dance workshop ie. combining dance (esp. footwork) with poi or any prop for that matter.

Would it be a good idea to expand the rope dart workshop to include other martial arts props like three piece and meteor?

Observation on organic contact staff. Not sure I see any difference here. I always thought the beauty of contact was moving the staff around without any rigid structure. So does this mean learning how to move the staff around the body pathways’s?

Any chance of a glowsticking workshop ?

I’m guessing, but the difference between beginner, intermediate and advanced workshops would be something like the sections in michal’s poi spinning book.

Logistics: I’d allow 9 hours to travel form Melb to Adelaide by car, and I’ll probably have space 4 a twirler or 2, or even gear if peeps are flying.

Saturday night: I liked the original idea of the big “fire spin party” but now I’m not sure how this fits in with the proposed “fire show” which sounds exclusive. Or does “fire show” just mean an organised “fire spin party” with everyone strutting their stuff biggrin

Questions

How do people book and pay?

Is there a flyer, and do you want us to pass the word around or are you overbooked?

Is there a contingency plan for a wet weekend?

Do u need more drums?

Wot’s D60, and who sells it?

cheers smile

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

sureauenthusiast
224 posts

Posted:
Adya, my single is sternum-height, and my doubles are navel-height. The latter I refer to as normal doubles (shorter than standard singles), but I know some people use two singles (longer than standard double) as doubles smile

Hereby seconding the regular update of available tickets remaining ubbidea clap

bounce *anticipates end of the month and crosses fingers really hard* bounce2

would love there to be an acrobalance workshop... Will mats be available or is that something yet to organize?

"Be the Bunny"

PyrolificBRONZE Member
3,289 posts

Posted:
there is already an acrobalance workshop confirmed. Mats...no I dont think so, to get enough to cover a class sized floor space would be over a grand i reckon. Hopefully we will be able to sort out some carpet...but other than that, people wanting to do Acro will have to bring a rubber bed roll or something to lie on (at least the base will smile)

--

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
stone the idea of merging workshops for props that dont appear to often is a good one we are only listing stuff that we have people to teach/are fairly confident in getting some one to teach it.

im sure josh will be keen to do some club passing, hopefully we will be able to get the juggling club ppl to come to.

the capoeira workshops will be run by the local capoeira group so we will just let them do their own thing, theres a couple of break dancing groups in adelaide so the workshop will hopefully be done by them.

the body movement workshop that kate is doing i think should cover the footwork stuff. itd be cool to have the rope dart workshop include, three piece and meteor but unless someone volunteers *cough*bender*cough* we are teacherless

the difference between organic contact and normal contact (as i see it anyway) is that normal contact is very trick oriented with moves like steves, snes, halos, matrixs (note the miss spelling is intentional as the move takes it name from the bullet dodging sequence in the matrix) etc (for those who dont know what these are all will be covered in teh workshops smile) where as organic contact contains all the same things except they all flow into each and merge interchanging into each other part way through based on the feel of the movement rather than the intension, so the rigidity of the individual move is lost in the continual adaptation.

the fire show is not exclusive its a case of people who would like to do a short performance having the oppertunity and space to, if ppl want to choero something great, if they just want to have a free style thats also great, the thing being it will be one at a time type deal then after the fire show the circle will be opened up to everyone to have a burn at their leisure (which will hopefully be less intimidating for people who dont spin fire so often).

details on how to book and pay will follow in the next couple of days smile

in the event of wet weather theres a hall and josh and kate have purchased a 6x9 m marquey so that all the workshops can happen, can you ever have to many drums? smile

D60 is the best fuel ive ever spun with i love it, try contacting

GSB Chemicals

Melbourne Printing Hardware

5 Beatrice Avenue

West Heidelberg Victoria 3081

Australia

t: +61 3 9457 1125

f: +61 3 9459 7978

e: info@gsbchem.com.au

ill try to update the number of remaining tickets every couple of days smile
EDITED_BY: ben-ja-men (1117972563)

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
West Heidelberg? sounds like a good excuse to seek out German-sounding townes.
i had no idea that the camping places were limited!!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

sureauenthusiast
224 posts

Posted:
Yay for acro workshop!!
At Juggle we've used mats to do acro, hoops and stuff on, (courtesy of the lovely Moonpixie and Gabe). They are $35 each from clark rubber, and are one meter squared. 9 or so of these put together formed a decent enough space to do 3-person acro positions on, with alert spotters. They come a bit cheaper too, though thinner... Just throwing ideas out there. If anyone happens to have any of these, and are driving up.... shrug confused <== I wish these two emoticons were without the frown tongue

I like the merge props idea. I've been training with Circa for the last 4 months, and that area was referred collectively to as Objective Manipulation, which included: juggling (balls, clubs, rings, plates n' bottles), diablo, devil stix, hats, and what are those things called - like disc/spinning top on a stick?

yes hats off to you wonderful creatures for organizing this
hug Might be giving you a definite by the end of the week as opposed to the end of the month! *hugs universe* heart meditate wave

"Be the Bunny"

PyrolificBRONZE Member
3,289 posts

Posted:
the camping places arent limited Bender, but the toilet facilities are smile

as are the number of instructors and the amount of parking for cars.

Also - you dont need to bring your Decks, cuz I also own CDJ100s and a mixer, so we might as well use mine smile

Also - just remember people, that if you arent going to go with the Catering idea (to be explored further as the idea pans out) then bring your own ability to cook ie dont depend on the kitchen facilities at the site, cuz its like a normal home kitchen and is no where near industrial enough to cook 100+ meals every night.

There are no showers on site either so get used to the idea of us all getting a little bit dirty by the end of the weekend.

--

sureauenthusiast
224 posts

Posted:
better hurry up and get an avatar then
*polishes Ry's shoes and hopes for the best* ubbrollsmile

"Be the Bunny"

sureauenthusiast
224 posts

Posted:
no showers eh? Any place nearby to swim?
*packs soap and armpit-shaped scrubbing brush*
Well we are aussies after all and are supposed to be saving water ubblol peace

"Be the Bunny"

sureauenthusiast
224 posts

Posted:
When I read the Contact and Organic Contact I just figured the first was more technical (matrixes and stuff) and the other was more intuitive, Kyle-Style smile

"Be the Bunny"

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
cheers ben,

sounds awesome smile )

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
ben's the best ubbrollsmile hug

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2

*waves arms around like an idiot*

pick me pick me!! i wanna go!! biggrin & dammit...i think i just might!!! *extra big cheesy grin* the chickens talked me into it!!

*runs away to check airfares & steal a credit card*

bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

Adya MiriyanaGOLD Member
*slou?
6,554 posts

Posted:
ubblol ahh the enthusiasm... love it! bounce

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
Written by: Stone

Wot’s D60, and who sells it?

You'd find a few results if you googled 'Solvent D60'.. It's great to spin with- compared to kero, burns cooler, higher flashpoint (it's not even classified as flammable believe it or not!) doesn't smell, doesn't smoke, bit quieter (I never thought there'd be a difference in fuel sounds), and overall, pretty good to use.

Costs about the same as kero if you buy in bulk too..

margitaSILVER Member
3,777 posts

Posted:
hehehehe biggrin me? excited? never... tongue

sureauenthusiast
224 posts

Posted:
Yes do come Gita! excited indeed... I've been mouthing "woohoo" and "aaaah" and "yayayayaaaaay!" all night... silently, as to not wake the house, but with facial muscles in full throttle hehehe... I look like someone screaming behind sound-proof glass.

I'm pretty much a definite now, so between the definite reds and blue maybes does that make me a purple? Ooooh I can't wait, can't wait, can't wait.

"Be the Bunny"

Adya MiriyanaGOLD Member
*slou?
6,554 posts

Posted:
ubblol *envisages Jen*

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
Written by: gita

*extra big cheesy grin* the chickens talked me into it!!

*runs away to check airfares & steal a credit card*
:

it didnt take much to talk you into it sweetheart smile hug

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

margitaSILVER Member
3,777 posts

Posted:
*imagines sureau screaming behind sound proof glass* ubblol

valura now we all know that is soooo not the point! tongue hehehe hug

and now i have found a credit card (housemates come in handy sometimes...) & i just gotta check airfares again... biggrin

margitaSILVER Member
3,777 posts

Posted:
WOOOHOO!! biggrin i'm all booked & paid to fly & stuff!!! bounce bounce2 yay!! biggrin

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce2 bounce bounce2

Looking more and more exciting

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
No showers???? *gulp*

Ummmm...I can't get through one day with out at least two showers....

shen shuiSILVER Member
no excuses. no apologies.
1,799 posts

Posted:
i'll bring a sponge for you, medusa.

can we have at least 2 advanced poi workshops....?

pleeeease?

those that know, dont say. those that say, dont know.

sureauenthusiast
224 posts

Posted:
Ben please promote yours truly to the blue list! I am definitely coming!

bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce

wave see you in Adelaide! ubbrollsmile

"Be the Bunny"

Groovy_DreamSILVER Member
addict
449 posts

Posted:
Written by: Medusa

No showers???? *gulp*

You can bathe in kero!

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
Written by: Medusa

No showers???? *gulp*

its fun to smell! biggrin *sniffs pits* see? ubblol

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
No it's a health thing. I actually HAVE to shower

courts1979BRONZE Member
Rainbow Brite
169 posts

Posted:
Written by: sureau

no showers eh? Any place nearby to swim?
*packs soap and armpit-shaped scrubbing brush*
Well we are aussies after all and are supposed to be saving water ubblol peace

So is there like a river, or similar nearby?
CX

Lifes too short, dance nakked & wiggle ur arse!!

Page: ......