marcoenthusiast
328 posts

Posted:

Yeah, just fininshed making a new set of fire fingers, took longer to adjust them to my finger sizes than to make the things

mark

DoktorSkellSILVER Member
addict
475 posts

Posted:
*dances*

Fair luna bright, fair luna moon
it shines at night but fades too soon
fair luna moon, fair luna bright
forever we dance
we dance under starlight

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
I found the adjustments onto your fingers are tricky, it helps to find a peice of dowel that is approximately the width of your finger to begin to work out the best method of attachment...I'm sure other HoPpers have other ideas...

marcoenthusiast
328 posts

Posted:

I use two slightly different sized dowels to wind the finger helix(s), from there from there, I file small number of notches on on each of the last ring(s), so that I can identify them, screw them on to my fingers adjustements are made with a large set of pliers lol.

mark

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
fire fingers certainly are fidly things to make, but the end result is worth it

I have so many people say how darn sexy they are when used well

marcoenthusiast
328 posts

Posted:

Yeah took them out for a play last night, worth the effort, ver 2 fingers have overcome most of the bugs with ver 1,

Just need to learn to use them well, lol

mark

vanillanewbie
21 posts

Posted:
What style of dancing do you prefer to do with them?
Belly?
Electric?
..?

greets
Vanilla

city-pirate!

marcoenthusiast
328 posts

Posted:
Being male, i'm not sure belly dancing is for me, thats not to say that male(s) shouldn't or cant or don't do belly dancing, just probably not me, currently I'm learning Ti Chi forms to underpin my fire fingers routine, otherwise I'm using a lot of club swinging moves suitably slowed down.

so i guess

a kind of hybrid style

mark

vanillanewbie
21 posts

Posted:
Tai Chi - sound's good. Club swining, don't know, seems not to be quite like dancing, but impressive. So there are no real moves but completely freestyle?

city-pirate!

marcoenthusiast
328 posts

Posted:

Well there are, when I say club swinging what I'm really ineligantly trying to say is to make use of the arm movements around the body that club swinging uses, rather than the club swinging style itself. Most fire finger performers that I've seen and or had the opertunity to talk to tend to be female, and essentially make use of most of the belly dancing forms, the moves tend to be very sensual, sinusoidal and somewhat serpantine a very rich graceful and eligant expression of body movement.

Unlike poi / staff / clubs and or other object manipulation domains, fire finger art is probably best not thought about as descrete moves, I think the art is far less restrictive, in that your much less reliant on physic's to inform movement.

If your particularly interested, I can see about getting some vid emailed or something of myself practising / performing.

mark

vanillanewbie
21 posts

Posted:
Yes, definitively. I would welcome this very much.

At the moment I haven't ones myself, but want to make them. But that will just take time for I spoilt my right wrist with using my trackball to work and doing to much poi.

Belly dancing is really nice and graceful, but nothing new for everybody does it. And I propose it could limit the light effects, for most of the movements are not including so much arms moves.
Tai Chi sounds really interesting in here, either are clubs, cause it includes the whole body. And to link the different styles could be marvellous.

greets
vanilla

city-pirate!