Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > the 17th Bristol Juggling and circus skills convention!

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
elastaaddict
645 posts

Posted:
Here you go, the BrJC, and I cant wait - it will be the first thing I do on coming back to England smile what a welcome back biggrin

Hope to see lots of HoPpers there ubbrollsmile

here's the flyer: brizzle!!!!!!

hooray! grouphug

Lx

there's nothing quite as fulfilling as a tasty airwrap

if you're full of sh!t, at least you're fertile

"we are all flowers growing in God's garden... and that is why he spreads the sh!t around" - David Byrne

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
if last years tribe of frog is anything to go by, its gonna be a huuuuge club night with lots and lots of UV lights and oli covered in UV paint looking like a swamp man.

Fun night all round.

Aim high and you'll know your limits, aim low and you'll never know how high you could have climbed.

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
cool! how much? can we get tickets there? what nights it on? can any of u experienced froggers lead us newbies ubbangel

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

T&BBRONZE Member
Me
607 posts

Posted:
Only going to have 4 days of convention this year only so don't think I can be arssed with tribe + it's the frist back after the summer so will be rammed with sweaty hippies shrug

Maybe I should change this too something abit nicer, humm no I still think your all Ccensoredt

daisylouBRONZE Member
la di da di da
147 posts

Posted:
you hafta prebook tickets. scroll back a page or two and the details are there.

if i sell enough on ebay (not looking good but hopeful) this week, then im gonna do t of f coz my boyf is up for coming too so yay. bounce

now question for northwesterners.......anyone able to give a north walian a lift down to bristle? was gonna get train then remembered how heavy my tent is, and thats before clothes, juggly stuff etc - eep

just a crazee daisy living in a crazy world

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
Def some flair at bristol, if i go, at the moment its looking doubtful frown

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
Written by:

don't think I can be arssed with tribe + it's the frist back after the summer so will be rammed with sweaty hippies

rubbish... spank

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

daisylouBRONZE Member
la di da di da
147 posts

Posted:
well i bought my t of f tickets today - whoop! bounce so excited. just needta sorta way of actually getting to bristol now wink

daisylouBRONZE Member
la di da di da
147 posts

Posted:
grrr my old job rung me up and wants me to work sunday and some next week. EVERY time i go on hols they fone me to ask me if i wanna work only this time im gonna hafta work coz i need a job when i get back frown gonna tell em i have hols booked though 23rd-27th coz have booked my froggie tickets and wanna see the show etc and my bf is going down those days. bah rubbish! was looking forward to going this saturday.

anyways im gonna have some glow stix/glow bracelets and a funky new style of poi ive designed in uv and none uv for sale on the friday on the field pre:tribe of frog if anyones interested. i guess ill see you all a bit later than planned xxx

FlashburnSILVER Member
25 posts

Posted:
heya all does anyone know what bus or train to take to the event from Bristol City Centre, Colston Hall n if there is any ways of savin a bit of cash gettin there n back cheers

Gayle......!SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
Written by: Gayle......!

I think this is the one:

https://www.firstgroup.com/ukbus/southwest/somerset/search/resultsindex.php?results=10647

Might be something on here.

Gayle.....!

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
i reckon the more glo/uv-ed up we get for t-o-f the funnier i'm gonna find it. last year was quality with all the paint and string everywhere.... have a look in my gallery for the pics.... ubblol

not sure that i'm gonna make it for this weekend now though as my sister's stolen my car. may try and bargin for next friday off work to make up for it but it's an outside chance... frown

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
try that:

https://www.firstgroup.com/ukbus/southwes...p;routeid=15512

Think you want Almondsbury Hill or a bit further on.

Gayle.....!

FlashburnSILVER Member
25 posts

Posted:
heya cheers for the info which is the closest bus stop to wood house park and does anyone know how to get from Bristol City Centre, Colston Hall to Bristol, Bus Station confused
EDITED_BY: d-locco (1126567547)

daisylouBRONZE Member
la di da di da
147 posts

Posted:
taxi smile (well thats what we did two years ago but maybe we cheated abit?)

buses from city to site https://www.carlberry.co.uk/rfnshowr.asp?R=299

theres a bus stop just before the petrol station. its on the cubs and scouts site. driver may know it if you ask for that. or alternatively get someone to meet you and wave their arms about at the bus stop (also been done in the past smile)

daisylouBRONZE Member
la di da di da
147 posts

Posted:
more bus info from bristol parkway station and city centre

309* & 310* run every 30 minutes between Bristol and Thornbury via Filton, Patchway, Almondsbury and Alveston.

312+ runs every 30 minutes between UWE and Thornbury via Bristol Parkway, Stoke Lodge, Almondsbury and Alveston.

and on the bus station question....found this on the carling academy site directions. just needta reverse it round, too tired to do it for ya now sorry:)

# Follow along BOND STREET, until James Barton Roundabout.
# At the roundabout take the second turning (past the bus station) onto MARLBOROUGH STREET, towards BRI Hospital.
# Carry on up hill till you reach UPPER MAUDLIN STREET.
# Turn left after 2 sets of Traffic Lights down COLSTON STREET (Just after Childrens Hospital)
# Take 2nd right, immediately after Colston Hall up PIPE LANE.

FlashburnSILVER Member
25 posts

Posted:
bounce2 thankx all, r right do i need to take Bond Street though or just the second turnin at the roundabout to get to the bus station smile

Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
From the Colston hall - Face the centre with your back to the colston hall. You should see a Yate's wine bar on your left. Walk towards Yate's and in front following the road round to the left.

Keep on that side of the pavement and keep walking you should soon see a covered walkway with a few recriutment agencies and a hairdressers. Walk under neath the archway past the sugar loaves and the fish and chip shop (if you're hungry eat here - it's fab!) walk past the newsagents and underneath the next little walkway.

If you get lost ask any Bristol person where the Artichoke pub is.

Carry on past the statue of a man on his hourse and past the artichoke pub. Turn left at the next turning (where the traffic lights are) and cross over the road and walk past the pub (the white hart or something). Follow the road round to the right and you're in the bus station.

As for getting off on the bus - i would suggest the stop Almondsbury Hill (not sure how close that gets you) and sweet talking the bus driver into pulling over when you reach Woodhouse Park. If the bus driver doesn't know where Woodhouse Park is, ask him for the Scout Camp...He should at least be able to get you within walking distance. I would suggest taking someone number who will be there with a car just in case you end up somewhere a bit random.

Gayle.....!

daisylouBRONZE Member
la di da di da
147 posts

Posted:
we've taken the bus before right to the site to the busstop just by the petrol station, which is just by the little path down to the site (to the left of a rather nice house) on the opp side of the road and that leads if u follow it right to geraldine at the entrance.

OliveGOLD Member
enthusiast
285 posts

Posted:
just bought my ToF ticket bounce
it's been 2 years I wanna do these parties .. just looking fwd to see the dancefloor covered with badass spinners smile
I was initially planning to hit london next thursday and Brizl next saturday, but I'll only be there on monday ..
just got invited to some brilliant psytrance festival in France this week-end
so I'll train this week-end bounce weavesmiley bounce2 ubbloco
see ya all next week grouphug

Puresockaddict
406 posts

Posted:
Right, with ToF thrown into the bargain I think I'm pretty much set to get to Bristol. Haven't booked any tickets as yet but I'll do it soon smile

God knows what I'm gonna do for transport. Any southamptonites heading down Friday night have a spare space in their car?

"Take that, math!"

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
wicked Olive is coming to Briz - horray
I rekon ALL the people ive met in the last 2 years in Europe are coming - well thats a BIG exageration - but if Olive is coming thats a good start!!
Cant wait, Back in the UK tomorrow and to Wales and Briz the day after
Peas and Kardoeffels

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
yay puresock!! biggrin is sina coming as well?

Aim high and you'll know your limits, aim low and you'll never know how high you could have climbed.

Puresockaddict
406 posts

Posted:
Written by: Beth

yay puresock!! biggrin is sina coming as well?

He is leaning toward not because he's off to some fresher's week in london the week after and money and energy are low... frown

"Take that, math!"

DrudwynForget puppy power, Scrappy's just gay
632 posts

Posted:
Sorry Mac, I would have taken yer, had I not been stuck in bloody Grenoble. Hey ho, see you at CircusSoc!

Spin, bounce, be one with the world, because it is yours to enjoy...

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
Written by: Puresock

He is leaning toward not because he's off to some fresher's week in london the week after and money and energy are low... frown

no excuse, make him come! kidnap him if you must!

OliveGOLD Member
enthusiast
285 posts

Posted:
looking fwd to see ya again Rob (firenix) smile

FlashburnSILVER Member
25 posts

Posted:
bounce2 bounce2 r cheers hope to see you all at brizzle nana

TheWibblerGOLD Member
old hand
920 posts

Posted:
God damn, i'm looking forward to bristol, can't wait, see you all soon, smile

Spherculism ~:~ The Act of becoming Spherculish.

KnoxiousGOLD Member
420 posts

Posted:
Heya!
After personally missing the EJC, British and Play I am super happy to say that me and the rest of FlameOz are going to make it to Bristol! I'm even more super happy to say that we're up for doing our show one night so that *finally* some of my Uk friends can see what it's all about (and heckle appropriately wink )...
We're flying back from a job in Hong Kong and we'll get to Bristol on about the 21st so see you there then!
yay!
Dave

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
Oh yeah, this is what I've been practising hecklin' for!

Can you do a proper show, then a show specifically for hecklin' so that I don't spoil it for anybody? biggrin

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

Page: ......