Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > the 17th Bristol Juggling and circus skills convention!

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
elastaaddict
645 posts

Posted:
Here you go, the BrJC, and I cant wait - it will be the first thing I do on coming back to England smile what a welcome back biggrin

Hope to see lots of HoPpers there ubbrollsmile

here's the flyer: brizzle!!!!!!

hooray! grouphug

Lx

there's nothing quite as fulfilling as a tasty airwrap

if you're full of sh!t, at least you're fertile

"we are all flowers growing in God's garden... and that is why he spreads the sh!t around" - David Byrne

MegafishBRONZE Member
lurking...
208 posts

Posted:
yeaaaahy, this looks lush i wanna go now!!!!

Juggling isn't useless, It just isn't useful.

Neural Coding is Idiosyncratic:-)

'Do you like dry cerial? Hope so because we've drunk your milk. Yours Sincerely, Your Neighbourhood Milk Thief'

TheWibblerGOLD Member
old hand
920 posts

Posted:
Well i can't see how i can miss this one since it was such a blast last year. But equally can't see how i can make it with so much sh1t to deal with here frown

Hope to see you all there,

m

Spherculism ~:~ The Act of becoming Spherculish.

inpsydoutBRONZE Member
57 posts

Posted:
I'm going this year smile smile smile

i cdnoult blveiee taht i cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht i was rdanieg!

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
i'll be there for the last weekend, its also my freshers week so i'm a bit gutted i cant make all of it frown maybe next year! But i will be there from friday at some point.

Aim high and you'll know your limits, aim low and you'll never know how high you could have climbed.

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
We'll be there from either Thursday or Friday till the end. Dependant of how well we'll manage with brand new person with us of course. I hope he likes juggling shows! It'll be one of the first things he sees!! ubblove

Let's relight this forum ubblove

T&BBRONZE Member
Me
607 posts

Posted:
A convention I can acturlly make this year smile hopefully I'll be there for the whole thing if not it'll be evenings and weekends cos it's only a sort cycle from my house biggrin biggrin biggrin

Matt - who's going to keep me amused this a floppy devil stick when i've had 7days of sleep deprevation, i'm stonned off my head and incapable of all outward signs of live wink

Maybe I should change this too something abit nicer, humm no I still think your all Ccensoredt

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
i got the job so will only be able to make the weekends but at least i'll be able to afford it! biggrin bounce

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
Well... i MAY be able to go. I have found a temping job to tide me till my job starts the end of Aug, so i MAY just have enough money to make the end weekend...

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
Written by: bluecat

biggrin

can't wait!!!!

and now i think i can stay for the last weekend too! (need to argue with a man in korea to make sure tho)

smile

frown
it wasn't true.

i have to be in the wilds of scotland late on saturday, and will miss the show ubbcrying
arguable, i think, but frown cause i want both.

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
Boo to you not being there for the whole 9 days Bluey ABD BIG BOO to not being able to collaberate with you and Tree at PLAY as X-Fire is no more and Im running the FireShows at the EJC now and showcasing my new project SOLAR - how things change in just a month. Is Tree going to Bristol it? - maybe we can do something there for the show?
Love to you and all the TePookerites

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
um frown if i have to leave on the saturday then no frown as thats when the show is. no? fire show maybe?

and yes, tree most certainly is smile

hugs
R

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
I mi9ght be there....

I want to anyway

T wave

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
FireShow it is then. Gonna have to buy myself one o them there Omerikan FireWhips heh partner
Love to Mrs. Tree.
see thee there.
Life here in Insbrooke is exciting and exhausting, putting together new themes, concepts, costumes, choreography, equipment. etc....etc......... Still its fun and getting to hang out with the Flame Oz chica´s who are staying with us.
See ya in September

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

devilstarSILVER Member
blue haired pyrovixen monkey girl!
155 posts

Posted:
I shall be there bounce with mrs Laura & maby an Oz too! Can only make weds - sunday but it's better than nowt biggrin

devil Blue is best, blue is beautiful
If I knew what I was looking for, I would have found it by now, but that would take all the fun out of it. - me
I never wanted to be different. I just wanted to be me - bmeshop.com

Gayle......!SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
*BUMP*

Thought i might bump this after Play. Most people mentioned coming to the last weekend of this as their next festie meet.

See you all there!

Gayle.....!

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
ok tell me which days are the best as I can probably only make it for maybe 2 days...... Stupid work.....stupid not having enough days leave left.......stupid boss not knowing that spinning and juggling is more important than selling beds.....mumblegrumblemumble

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
last weekend for the show. so, 24/25 Sept.

Gayle.....!

ZeeBooBRONZE Member
167 posts

Posted:
Depends on what you want.

Early in the week is very chilled and a good time to relax and maybe learn a new trick or 2 and meet new & old friends.

Fire show is on Wednesday (I think) could be Thursday my memory is a bit hazy.

Friday everyone who wouldn't take the time off arrives.

Saturday - lots of silly games & show night followed by party.

Sunday- hangover & go home.

Just because I'm an adult doesn't make me responsible.

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Thank you hun kiss

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
Can't really take any more time off work and the trains suck at weekends at the moment (seriously every time the trainline repairs finish I move house to somewhere where they are starting!). If I buy 2 day tickets am i allowed to camp that night or do you hafta go the whole hog and get an all week ticket? If so, is it close to the train station and are there any cheap b&b near by?

Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
Close-ish to the train station, about 4 miles from Parkway. It's do-able by bus from Parkway or from Temple Meads.
There are some B&B's on the A38 by Patchway and Little Stoke but again they're about 2-3 miles away.
Last time i paid for two days tickets and camped.

Gayle.....!

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
hey all,
the trains certainly do suck, it took me 5 hours to get home, it only took me 3 hours to get to play. bleargh, lets hope the weather is good for the weekend. and skully thanks for the name badge and morning chocolate x x x x hug

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

JtJCheck ya later
500 posts

Posted:
sup,
brizzles my favourite convention, been going for years, BUT i might not be able to go this year!!! frown I get back from south america 3 days (i think) before it finishes. so if i dont have jet-lag i should be there for the end.
If I do get there i shall be driving back on the sunday i expect, so if anyone needs a lift down the M4 as far as swindon, i may be able to help . . .

also, I MIGHT be going straight on on a little road trip around various exciting places and people, so if anyone knows of any nice things going on, please let me know!

Jake the Juggler

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
hey everyone! i still wanna come but i need to clear some stuff up. ive checked for info so im not lazy :P but can anyone help with the following:
is it just a deposit up front or the whole amount?
i havent decided how long im going for yet so is there a deadline for when we need to pay?
is anyone going from manchester or near by? for either lift share or company on the train ubbangel
i cant remember what else i was going to ask so ill leave it at that.

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

elastaaddict
645 posts

Posted:
smile it's not at all so formal or complicated. You turn up and chat with the people sitting drinking tea in the little hut by the driveway.

Say, "hi can I pay for ( enter number of days you want to stay and juggle) days please?" And they say, "ok that'll be ( equivalent amount for number of days ) pounds then please."

ubbrollsmile - it is reduced for the weekly ticket, but there's no deposit, or high tech booking system, just a few people who write your name on a piece of paper when you get there, give you a friendly welcome and happily accept your money! wink

there's nothing quite as fulfilling as a tasty airwrap

if you're full of sh!t, at least you're fertile

"we are all flowers growing in God's garden... and that is why he spreads the sh!t around" - David Byrne

ZeeBooBRONZE Member
167 posts

Posted:
Yep ditto that, they are very informal and lovely,

I was wondering if anyone from Bristol is gonna be going just in the evening during the week as I'm car less at the moment & would like to go as much as possible but can't take time off work. There is a possiblity of me having a car for a few days so am willing to do the evening runs but I have to wait & see on that one.

Just because I'm an adult doesn't make me responsible.

Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
i might be. If people do desparately need lifts and crash over space then we should be up for it. Need me? PM me ubblol

Gayle.....!

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
As i was saying goodbye to people at play i think everyone was talking about this as the next meet up... but sadly i can only make one weekend...if that... will try my hardest tho. xxx

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

jemima (jem)SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,750 posts

Posted:
My september has currently nothing written in it eek, I guess I can make an appearance to this, cash pending.

peace

Never assume
Always Acknowledge

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Pyroflow will be there for the last weekend biggrin

Cant wait ubbrollsmile

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

Page: ...