Page:
bing!BRONZE Member
i beat my inner child
184 posts

Posted:
well i never normally watch it but i decided to this year. luckily i missed all the songs so i jus watched the voting smile i had such a laugh! terry wogan has a new place in my heart. some of the things he was coming out with were quite amusing ... complaining how long the voting was going on for, commenting on the predictability of voting and generally taking the piss out of the whole contest with his sly digs.

what got me thinking was the fact that all the competitors take is so seriously. do the europeans really think that this is good music? and do any of them/you take it as a totally serious competition?

i know that its pretty much a joke in the uk. even if we did win it (which is never gonna happen) the artist would maybe get a bit of admiration but would fall very quickly into the pit of musical nothingness. ok it was different int he old days when bucks fizz (???) won it but its changed

why is it that the biggest countries also being the largest contributors came last (uk, spain, germany, france)? do you not like us or was our song really that bad? tongue i dont see why we cant get a decent act together

i think its more of a political contest now. germany dont vote for us (uk), we dont vote for them. we vote for the countries we like to go on holiday (turkey greece spain), and they vote for us.
anyway ill be watching all the fun and games next year ...

--the spark what lit the flame which started the fire that burned forever--

misscorinthianSILVER Member
old hand
784 posts

Posted:
Terry Wogan had me and my hubby p*ssing our pants-

"I can't remember that song. Actually, I can't remember any of them."

"I haven't even had a drink yet"

"you don't need a microphone!"

The music however, was crap as usual.

XLenX

Devoted although mostly absent owner of the 1, the original... Asena

jeff(fake)Scientist of Fortune
1,189 posts

Posted:
I'm going to visit Finland next year. I'm planning to get tickets for the contest and see Lordi live.

Can't wait.

According to Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle of Quantum Dynamics, we may already be making love right now...

tim_marstonaddict
614 posts

Posted:
the british entry "daz" is claiming the reason we didnt win is all down to political voting and not because he's crap.................................we should be ashamed

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Not because acts named after detergents tend not to do well anyway...?

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

tim_marstonaddict
614 posts

Posted:
the boy is a muppet of the highest order!

NOnactivist for HoPper liberation.
1,643 posts

Posted:
he probably confused half of europe with the whiny cockney accents and school uniforms. My friend in Slovenia was quite taken aback when i told her that practically every kid in the UK has to wear one...

maybe there was also an element of political voting...

....and he was utterly crap....

would we even let that song get into the charts in this country? why do they always put something utterly rubbish in eurovision, he should have known he had no hope of winning, not against Lordi, or LT United goddang! - the UK should have a pisstake entry next year, any volunteers?

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.

tim_marstonaddict
614 posts

Posted:
perhaps daz was just taking the piss and will write an amusing article for loaded magazine..................or perhaps he should be humanely put down,

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
When will england learn, achoustic guitars, rap, and guys in jeans and t-shirts dont do well on eurovision. we need to show flesh, have fancy dancers and lots of legs and belly showing!

Oh maybie they can get jonny vagas to sing next year his clothes never fit lol

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

tim_marstonaddict
614 posts

Posted:
tim westwood should do it next year,

JerryDSILVER Member
136 posts

Posted:
It's so sad that we can't get coverage of this event in the US. My sole experience with it is the Stylus Magazine annual review , which completely cracks me up every year.

Stupid American television.

I was touched by His Noodly Appendage

tim_marstonaddict
614 posts

Posted:
the whole thing is a disgrace how do we get from john lennon to daz the chav?????????????

Firetrampold hand
898 posts

Posted:
My favourites this year:
1. Latvia
2. Ukraine (Silly but catchy)
3. Moldovia

Ask a question and be a fool for a minute...don't ask and be a fool your whole life.

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
oh dear god........is it that time of year AGAIN????

one question that springs to mind other than "oh god, what is the point" is "WHY....................is israiel part of the EUROVISION................it's not like they are even part of the EU community...........they live in the middle east do theyt not???

if so..........

WHY are they part of EUROVISON ubblol

to be honest the entire "competittion" sucks big time, even more than the type of music played

drofkcahSILVER Member
80 posts

Posted:
well for me the best part of this years was the fire in the end bit just before the votes, twin fire staff to Apocalyptica!! wooot!!

I am a sig virus place me in you sig so that i can continue to replicate

Rgds Drofkcah

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
heheheh...

That was Antti biggrin

He rocks biggrin

Getting to the other side smile

Firetrampold hand
898 posts

Posted:
Yes, the fire was nice!

Ask a question and be a fool for a minute...don't ask and be a fool your whole life.

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
I missed antti on TV frown

anyone found it on youtube/googlevideo etc yet?

And I hope he got paid properly!

Blinded by Hyperlights, please donate generously grin

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Waaaah frown I missed anti...

However I did get to see shirtless superbuff violin players from Malta. ubblove biggrin

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

drofkcahSILVER Member
80 posts

Posted:
well ive found a youtube vid of the Apocalyptica bit, only problem is that it's from the dress rehearsal and its crap quality,

Rgds Drofkcah

AurinkoBRONZE Member
hello!
1,034 posts

Posted:
*thehe* I saw Antti

But what I really don't get is why Serbia won. I saw the Eurovision together with a friend of mine and our comments when watching Serbia's performance were:

me: are they all touching her because she's about to trip over?

her: could it be that she's turning red as a tomato?

Our top three were:

1.) Georgia: now that was a cool song. I also liked the sword-dancing

2.) Hungary: really beautiful song, even though the singer seemed to be nervous

3.) Bulgaria: that was fun!

a swapped test-playboy, set free by NOn, idolizing the tea fairy; Dragosani spiritual freedom agreement reached 18th Sept 2006

AurinkoBRONZE Member
hello!
1,034 posts

Posted:
 Written by: ravehead

"WHY....................is israiel part of the EUROVISION................it's not like they are even part of the EU community...........they live in the middle east do theyt not???

Israel is also participating in pretty many European research project. So once I asked someone from one of those projects why Israel always turned up in the among all the European countries and he said: Isreal is pretty much isolated in the Middle East. So if they want to to participate in international research projects of want to be a member of an international network, they can't do it there. And so they usually join the European countries.

a swapped test-playboy, set free by NOn, idolizing the tea fairy; Dragosani spiritual freedom agreement reached 18th Sept 2006

drofkcahSILVER Member
80 posts

Posted:
well i have now found a better quality vid of Apocalyptica at eurovison

Rgds Drofkcah

Antti_EverythingGOLD Member
addict
446 posts

Posted:
Thanks for putting these vids here. I have something on video from an early rehearsal that I might upload on YouTube later. I hate the way the shot and cut the firepart of our show. But it wasn't as bad as I remembered. I hope we later get more videos shot from the audience. I actually had a routine and all that but you couldn't see much on the tv.

It was a great experience to perform there though and we had an amazing group of artists. And the biggest audience that I will ever have.

About the songs..... I really don't get why people liked Georgias song. I had a plan to say to the singer to her face that their song sucked and then kick her in the knee just before she got on stage. ubblol But I forgot. Danm.

Point your toes.

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
cheers for clearing that up aurinko ubblol i thought it may have had something to do with nobody in the middle east likeing israel.

did they get to sing their song "push the button"??? i know it kicked up a hell of a stink from most countrys

GitasGuyPooh-Bah
2,303 posts

Posted:
Israel didn't make it to the final...

Also thanks for that video drofkcah, they seem to have cut the performance out of the televised version shown in Australia. beerchug

:admires giant wooden aeroplane: Its about time trees were good for something, instead of just standing their like jerks!!! ubblol ubbtickled

Homer rocks!!!! ubblol ubbrollsmile

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
gee they show a lot of that girl on the swing don't they?! ubblol

clap yay antti! biggrin would have been great if they'd shown more of your routine, but what's on the vid looks great!! biggrin

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

Page: