Page:
bing!BRONZE Member
i beat my inner child
184 posts

Posted:
well i never normally watch it but i decided to this year. luckily i missed all the songs so i jus watched the voting smile i had such a laugh! terry wogan has a new place in my heart. some of the things he was coming out with were quite amusing ... complaining how long the voting was going on for, commenting on the predictability of voting and generally taking the piss out of the whole contest with his sly digs.

what got me thinking was the fact that all the competitors take is so seriously. do the europeans really think that this is good music? and do any of them/you take it as a totally serious competition?

i know that its pretty much a joke in the uk. even if we did win it (which is never gonna happen) the artist would maybe get a bit of admiration but would fall very quickly into the pit of musical nothingness. ok it was different int he old days when bucks fizz (???) won it but its changed

why is it that the biggest countries also being the largest contributors came last (uk, spain, germany, france)? do you not like us or was our song really that bad? tongue i dont see why we cant get a decent act together

i think its more of a political contest now. germany dont vote for us (uk), we dont vote for them. we vote for the countries we like to go on holiday (turkey greece spain), and they vote for us.
anyway ill be watching all the fun and games next year ...

--the spark what lit the flame which started the fire that burned forever--

GothFrogetteBRONZE Member
grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
lol i love eurovision biggrin
missed it though frown
but had a fun time missing it biggrin

Life's too short to worry about where you put your marshmallows

linden rathenGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,942 posts

Posted:
lol i was forced to watch it last night and it was actually quite good - terry wogan was really funny (without him id have gone mad) i think it is little political but in general its a joke. i think the only people to take it seriously are the contestants and the announcers.

thought the body artists before the votes were announced was cool tho....

back

bing!BRONZE Member
i beat my inner child
184 posts

Posted:
body artists? must've missed them. the drummers were funny cos they were so boring, same with that guy doing that ballet thing.
i did find it amusing that the ukraine voting was announced wrong. could it be something to do with yushchenko being present??? hmmm ... i think they should ask for a recount

--the spark what lit the flame which started the fire that burned forever--

EeraBRONZE Member
old hand
1,107 posts

Posted:
Terry is the only reason to watch, even here in Australia we get the BBC commentary.

I liked the Bosnian entry; it was good fun and the singers looked like they enjoyed themselves. Didn't rate the Greek one at all.

There is a slight possibility that I am not actually right all of the time.

Seleniamember
28 posts

Posted:
I can't understand why Finland keeps sending anyone to eurovision, it's a miracle if we don't come last. I think that no one takes it seriously here... No one takes it even as a joke... Mostly no one even cares. umm
EDITED_BY: Selenia (1116833290)

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Feminem...

rolleyes

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
Eurovision's got nothing to do with music. If it did it'd be called euromusic. It's eurovision because you can see on tv the state of who likes who in europe. In a lot of countries (some of which arn't in europe anyway) the public can't vote anyway, it's just a load of politicians. Terry Wogan is the only redeaming factor, but still not a reason to watch smile

nucleonnewbie
404 posts

Posted:
eurovision songfestival: its a pink hell

so you think Im not a newbie? Ok I'll be the King of the newbies. Nucleon the king of all noobs

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
I thought it was funny how the four most "western", Most powerful nations of Europe were the four last!
(Germany, Spain, Uk, France)

Yet...they contribute the most money to Eurovision!! (hense them being allowed in each year even when they come last)

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

nucleonnewbie
404 posts

Posted:
my last post wasn't aimed at you hug

so you think Im not a newbie? Ok I'll be the King of the newbies. Nucleon the king of all noobs

jemima (jem)SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,750 posts

Posted:
I thaught the lady with the flame thrower was ummmm interesting?

I also liked the red hot chilli peppers, come hippy grandma band that was a winner in my books wink

and why did everyone haave a stick theme? lots of drammatic drum playing too

Never assume
Always Acknowledge

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
my friends in australia always love it for the sheer laughing value. i missed it this year - who actually won?
last year i loved the entry (turkey?) where at the end, the girl reached into her bra, pulled out some glitter and blew it into the audience. me and my friend payed the shyte out of that for weeks!

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

linden rathenGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,942 posts

Posted:
i think that they all had drummy bits bc the winners last year did :P

out of interest is it jsut me or is it quite sad that we need to have some badly done music contest to find out which countries like each other?

back

VampyricAcidSILVER Member
veteran
1,286 posts

Posted:
ITS BACK, AND THIS TIME ITS GOT LORDI!!!

OH YEEEEAAAAAAAAHH!!!!

HARD ROCK HALLELUJAH!!

Vote Finland!!!

Proudly Owned By The BMVC

Are You Sniffing My Mitten?

Just_Another_Clownold hand
965 posts

Posted:
ditto

Vote Finland. Lordi are gonna be insane! biggrin

Q:"How many Jugglers Does it take to change a light bulb?"
A:"One, but another 99 others saying,'I could do that if I only practised more'" biggrin biggrin

Gate Keeper to Shocked_Prawn. None may pass.

Mags The JediGOLD Member
Fool
2,020 posts

Posted:
*watches the video*

Haaahahahahaha! Brilliant. I'm SO voting Finland.

devil

"I believe the cost of life is Death and we will all pay that in full. Everything else should be a gift. We paid the cover charge of life, we were born."

Bill Hicks, February 1988

FyreBRONZE Member
enthusiast
315 posts

Posted:
Well i can understand if Lordi gets some pity-points. you`ve got to understand that he`s going trough a horrible puberty, i mean have you seen his skin? it`s in aweful shape. oohh and his voice, you can hear the puberty kick in in there too biggrin

If we can`t live in peace then fu*k it, let`s die.
The owner of Chellybeans right arm!

Peace -Fyre-

TabtI Doubt, Therefore I Might Be
1,007 posts

Posted:
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

man i love eurovision. especially the greek entry a couple of years ago.

SADAKO S-A-D-A-K-OOOOOOooooOOOOOOOo!

I can't wait for tonight! its gonna be awesome.

all hugs and praise for master terry wogan!

Owner of Dragosani's right side.

tim_marstonaddict
614 posts

Posted:
the english entry was a disgrace and one of the worst tunes ive ever heard...........shocking

DominoSILVER Member
UnNatural Scientist - Currently working on a Breville-legged monkey
757 posts

Posted:
Hoorah for Lordi!

Loving the zombie cheerleader army :P
EDITED_BY: Domino (1148147782)

Give me a lever long enough and a place to stand and I can beat the world into submission.

veteran
1,286 posts

Posted:
Haha the English entry is great, shows everything england stands for; trying to be american, paedophelia and chavs

LemonkeyStalking amidst the desert, carrying an oversized scalpel...
1,019 posts

Posted:
I really hope Lordi win. I quite enjoy the song...

Written by: Skinky

Haha the English entry is great, shows everything england stands for; trying to be american, paedophelia and chavs

ubblol

I don't understand why we don't put some decent indie in for the Eurovision song contest. Cannot go wrong with a bit of Kooks, Kaiser Chiefs etc. Might even stand a chance if we add them.

Willy - is bad for your health...

Mags The JediGOLD Member
Fool
2,020 posts

Posted:
Because decent bands are smart enough to know that Eurovision is career suicide. Just ask Gina G.

devil

"I believe the cost of life is Death and we will all pay that in full. Everything else should be a gift. We paid the cover charge of life, we were born."

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
And Katrina and the Waves...

Re: Gina G you need a career before you can have career suicide...

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

Mags The JediGOLD Member
Fool
2,020 posts

Posted:
The Greeks are stormin it...probably cos she looks like she could kick the crap out of the audience and still have enough breath for the big crescendo...

devil

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
I'm finding it highly amusing that all you guys seem to be into this more than I'm 'supposed' to...

(ahhh, comfortable with your sexuality blah blah blah)

National Pride perhaps?

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

Mags The JediGOLD Member
Fool
2,020 posts

Posted:
Nah, i just find it very funny. And Wogan is marvellous, only he gets the right blend of p*sstaking and sarcasm...

The French bird was bloody awful, however the Ukrainian woman was feckin HOT!

devil

veteran
1,286 posts

Posted:
agreed mags, 1)wogan is god 2) france (and spain) were aweful, and 3) ukranian was hot, i gotta say the greek bird was rather nice...i think it was the greek bird, the one in the "gypsy-chic" kinda outfit

tim_marstonaddict
614 posts

Posted:
lol skniky............nail on head

Mags The JediGOLD Member
Fool
2,020 posts

Posted:
The Norwegians were rather attractive too, but then all the ugly Norwegians were rounded up and dropped off a glacier about 300 years ago, so it's hardly surprising. Norwegian girls are SO hot!

devil

Page: