Page:
ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
im editing a video at the moment and i was just wondering what motivated different people to make videos

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
mcp has admited to me in person that she was gutted some of the gifs are of lowquality,

but i still think its a really good and well done knoledgesource, youw ill all see when im done, it will e awsome

Step (el-nombrie)

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
Written by: ben-ja-men

im editing a video at the moment and i was just wondering what motivated different people to make videos

i think because i enjoy it, helps keep my spinning inline, and brings me a sense of satisfaction. it feels good to me to make something that can be watched, appreciated and understood by someone else.
also i hope people can take stuff from my videos, just like i took stuff from the videos i watched last year and the year before that. smile hug

Me train running low on soul coal
They push+pull tactics are driving me loco
They shouldn't do that no no no

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
I just do it to get girls...

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
i enjoy the mcp videos the most.
it's the durbs ones i show to get girls.

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
to get girls what?

attention?
respect?
underwear?
complexion...?

tongue

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
i usevideos to get gilrs to do unspeakable things...UNSPEAKABLE THINGS!

Step (el-nombrie)

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
You obviously enjoy solitude at the rate you churn them out :P

ubblol

-sandy-BRONZE Member
old hand
716 posts

Posted:
I make videos to share moves and increase the number available on line. Also because i film myself spinning to see what im doing wrong and im used to being in front of a camera. and im a film student and love editing especially when its of spinning.
mech i am very much up for helping out with a contact vid and i dont mind editing it either, have a look at the car spark vid on inspinerate.com for an example of my editing.

Also i disagree that it would take about a week to get everything down on tape, yes it takes a long time to film when you have specific things you want to get down but with good preperation (and sometimes filming people when they arnt looking then showingg them later) you can get what you want. It took us one saturday afternoon to get all the footage used in car spark.
Admitedly doing it for tutorials may be harder but i think it could be done in a weekend, im up for it if you want to try.

"Don't do it naked!"

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
I like making videos because, like poi, it provides a distraction from the boring things I am meant to be doing rolleyes . But I also like the idea you can make something which other people can appreciate, especially when its a video of one of the big meets. Making videos of yourself is a bit different, I used to think it was just a way of sort of saying to everyone, 'Hey this is the sort of stuff I can do, what do you think?' but now I feel like there's a 'minimum standard' that you have to reach before releasing a video, which involves being able to at least demonstrate a lot of tech or a lot of dance or preferably both. If you look at most of the vids on here, it's either beginners, advanced, or group stuff. You rarely see anything at an 'intermediate' level.

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
the layout of the video, will be really easy, like i said, it will prob not take moe that a day to get all teh angles and footage shot

it will be the uadio tracks,being redone that will be th emassive problem, and the most problematic and time consming
trust me i knwo what im talking abou, im a moron after all!

Step (el-nombrie)

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
Isn't anyone going to claim that they make videos for purely narcissitic reasons?
Or as part of the HOP Peeing Competion:
https://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet/GuidePageServlet/showid-3332/epid-65870/

I can think of some high profile examples.... ubblol
In particular those filmed without a shirt on tongue

That'll put a spanner amongst the Pigeons

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
glass iwould say i have done, but i dont know what narcissitic means :blush: im a stupid geek!

Step (el-nombrie)

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
IMO there's always a touch of narcissism going on. I enjoy it when people say 'they liked such & such' etc... Makes you feel all proud of yourself, and we all need those good endorphins now and again...

Plus you can get other people to 'judge your spinning' and tell you what and how they think you can improve, and give extra ideas that you just may not have seen yourself.

I also like making videos because they help me learn more. I can watch myself on a video and see where I go wrong, so that I can correct it. I also like to look back at certain videos of group evens, because more often than not, they show a bit more than I experienced, or even remember, and at the same time remind me of what an amazing time I had.

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
well it's not like i make videos for narcissitic reasons... I dislike mirrors enough as it is... Am I in any of my videos? Er, yeah, I guess, but not tooo much.

2bags: Good post man! it was: ubblol

I think all this talk of my videos is good, my hair has been growing inward recently and this is just what it needs to fluff it back up again. That or a good comb.

Bender likes my videos! bounce bounce bounce bounce

I had something to say...? Did I? Whoops, forgot it again....

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
MCP Comb it fast before it starts growing out of your nose and ears, Like an old man.
ubblol

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
twirly videos are like police car chases,
the skill draws me in, but it's the laughs that keep me there.
:honk!:

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
err I make videos so I can get feedback on my spinning. Not that Ive made many videos lately smile

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

Page: