Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > BTB Tangle Buzzsaw + Monkeyfists = Pain

Login/Join to Participate

GherkinGOLD Member
Inventor
117 posts

Posted:
Does anyone have tips for doing BTB Tangle Buzzsaws consistently. Mine just don't work sometimes, and I can't figure out why, which can be painful. ubbloco

Also, do other people do these a bit to the side, or in the middle?

infinitemember
110 posts

Posted:
I do them on my right side with my left arm reached around as far as I can. www style . I can do this without shortening my chains. Try to do them over head and then in frotn of you and then behind you on the side., very frustrating. I do them so far on the side of my body that I unwrap them in front of my hip almost.

dont make peoples heads turn, give them whiplash.

spiralxveteran
1,376 posts

Posted:
If you're doing them WW style then it's reasonably easy to tangle behind and get them to untangle in the front wall plane...

"Moo," said the happy cow.

Analemmaenthusiast
384 posts

Posted:
Bloody Glowstringers . . . shrug
nana
soapbox
meditate
biggrin
hug2

I cant really do them - but my suggestion would be to try to get a good orientation for the normal one and then apply the experience to bhb.
For Example: Stand on one leg and pull up the other one. Now play the tangled buzzsaw either on the right or on the left side of your leg. Harder than it sounds and imo a good training for control and balance

ubbrollsmile

Bloody Poispinners
wink
hug

To learn - read. To know - write. To master - teach . . .

GherkinGOLD Member
Inventor
117 posts

Posted:
Thanks for your suggestions!

What does WW style, or WWW style mean? redface

hug
EDITED_BY: Gherkin (1117083113)

spiralxveteran
1,376 posts

Posted:
WW = Waist Wrap.

"Moo," said the happy cow.

RicheeBRONZE Member
HOP librarian
1,841 posts

Posted:

I do both. There is interesting how you count with the middle meteor part by the way doing tangles. And we are talking about the BNT one.
Those outside are the same like with Poi.

:R

POI THEO(R)IST

infinitemember
110 posts

Posted:
Hey poiboxII I am doing thses with 2.5" monkey fist knot. More painfull is learning to kep your hands teh same distance apart over your head to do airwraps in wall plane so they untangle in front of you but tangle behind your head. I have stole most of the chicago glowstringers moves including spirals and BTB bounce stalls from in front of me to behind me.

dont make peoples heads turn, give them whiplash.

FacelessjokerBRONZE Member
enthusiast
249 posts

Posted:
While struggling with btb buzzsaw hyperloops i tended to do it to the side so i could watch which poi was going where and time my exit properly smile Then i gave up...

GherkinGOLD Member
Inventor
117 posts

Posted:
I've kindof given them up for a while... But that's only because I have other toys to play with now!