Forums > Other Toys > A show for a kids party.. any ideas?

Login/Join to Participate

Hubert_CumberdaleSILVER Member
[psylocibin fingerbobe].
479 posts

Posted:
Someone I know is having a kids party soon, and wanted to know if I could come along and do some juggling and or magic.

I would love to do it, and I know some card tricks and a few cheap illusions.. but it's stuff for grown ups really.

I suspect kids want big colourful magic... possibly involving bright handkerchiefs... or balloons... etc.

It doesn't have to be magic... but no fire allowed wink

The average age is about six...I don't know any kids routines frown

Any ideas of where to begin?

Disc0annoying boy
160 posts

Posted:
do some fancy juggling with bright balls. and lots of inventive tricks. shirt popping and such stuff. use bouncing balls and "miss" a catch, and get tha ball on the rebound.

why not do some simple clown-stuff. i don't know if the kids really enjoy clowns, but i do smile

fire is just light and heat.
it's you friend!

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
go to your local magic shop. get some sqaush balls. i started recently. u can do stuff like have on hidden in your hand, but showing another, then squash them both up. you then put them into one of the kids hand and say something like "i rekon youre magic, i think you can make that ball break in half" and voila, two balls.

balloon animals are easy as. i picked some up from here and here they really helped.

ebay sells clown shoes, im waiting for mine.

i think thats it.

cheers, pete biggrin

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
What about some flag spinning?

Kids seem to like it as it's a big piece of colour!

I recently did some street busking for Red Cross week, with my big pink flags, and the kids couldn't stop watching it!

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
ive been asked to do a kids party too, so any ideas i come up with, i shall give to you.

i borrowed a magic book last night, the squash ball routine is really good, so im gona work on that. also borowed a balloon animal book (thanks laura) which is good, has good easy animals for little kids that only use 1 ballon. not too sure what else im gona do for it yet, but ill keep you posted.

flags sound like a good idea

cheers, pete biggrin

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

Hubert_CumberdaleSILVER Member
[psylocibin fingerbobe].
479 posts

Posted:
Thanks all.

These are great ideas.. I've found a magic place close to where I work and will buy up some fun stuff there soon.

I also found a kids magic video with some great homeade tricks on it. I'll share any ideas I find and maybe you can use them in your routine too Pete.

And I'll read some of the threads on flag spinning too Pink, I've wanted to have a stab at it anyway.

Thx again folks. Update y'all soon.