• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

Page: 123
Birgit
BRONZE Member since Jan 2005

Birgit

had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much

Total posts: 4145
Posted:I've durbsed chocolate and there is no old thread discussing important chocolate things. Though maybe there is one in social discussion...

Anyways, since I've off-topic-ed various threads with random chocolate-related things I'm going to make a seperate thread for it biggrin

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

Delete Topic

flid
BRONZE Member since Aug 2002

flid

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 3136
Posted:Written by: Seye
White chocolate isnt actually chocolate though so I can eat it

White Chocolate contains cocoa butter (well, good stuff does anyway), you must be allergic to cocoa solids. Personally if i had 3 day migraines, as they are derived from the same bean and probably not seperated under the best conditions, i don't think i'd risk it. Have you tried carob (available from most health food stores)? Not quite as good, but not a bad immitation.

Delete

Seye
SILVER Member since Mar 2005

Seye

Geek

Total posts: 1261
Posted:Written by: flid
White Chocolate contains cocoa butter (well, good stuff does anyway), you must be allergic to cocoa solids. Personally if i had 3 day migraines, as they are derived from the same bean and probably not seperated under the best conditions, i don't think i'd risk it. Have you tried carob (available from most health food stores)? Not quite as good, but not a bad immitation.

It is definitely something in the cocoa solids not the butter that causes the problem. No one can explain it to me fully though. I know what causes the pain, dizzyness, nausea, numbness, etc. once it starts but no one seems to know what specifically triggers it or why it happens.

TBH I've never really been bothered about it since I worked out what was causing the problem. I had my last piece of chocolate when I was 8, never really thought about it since. The big problem I have is when people put chocolate in other things like desserts (and I am a man who loves desserts!) or when its dusted over something (like coffee). You'd be amazed how many things have some small amount of chocolate in them.

I've not tried carob. I may do one day but as I say, I'm not all to bothered about it. smile

Delete

flid
BRONZE Member since Aug 2002

flid

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 3136
Posted:Written by: Seye
You'd be amazed how many things have some small amount of chocolate in them.

personally, no, but i was amazed when i turned vegan 6 years ago and had to find out about what's in everything i buy. Ironically I can't have white, but can have dark smile. I've been trying to source cocoa butter for a long time so i can make my own white, but there's nada in the UK unless I want to buy 50 quids worth at a time....

Delete

Doc Lightning
GOLD Member since May 2001

Doc Lightning

HOP Mad Doctor

Total posts: 13920
Posted:WHO SAID YUCK?

I kill you. I KILL you! mad

-Mike )'(
Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

"A buckuht 'n a hooze!" -Valura

Delete

Birgit
BRONZE Member since Jan 2005

Birgit

had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much

Total posts: 4145
Posted:no... make them into an easter bunny instead:

http://www.killfrog.com/00/bunny.html
br>
this way they will be punished but still useful to us biggrin

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

Delete

cado abusato

cado abusato

Madly Sane!

Total posts: 159
Posted:chocolate, *drools* its lush its great n u can even eat it!!! u get diff kinds, nestle, galaxy n cadburys, all lushhhhh hehe

No Vigourous Picking Of The Nose

Delete

JohnRock

Total posts: 7
Posted:LIKE IT ALOT!!!!!!!

Whatsa matter for you??

Delete

alien_oddity

alien_oddity

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 7193
Posted:Written by: polarity