Page:
BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:
I've durbsed chocolate and there is no old thread discussing important chocolate things. Though maybe there is one in social discussion...

Anyways, since I've off-topic-ed various threads with random chocolate-related things I'm going to make a seperate thread for it biggrin

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

polaritySILVER Member
veteran
1,228 posts

Posted:
Chocolate dipped in marmite...

You aren't thinking or really existing unless you're willing to risk even your own sanity in the judgment of your existence.

Green peppers, lime pickle and whole-grain mustard = best sandwich filling.

Boo_BunnyBRONZE Member
Sparkely arty Mormon rainbow fairy
933 posts

Posted:
eeewwwwww, gross!

Property of Fine_Rabid_Dog

inactiveSILVER Member
old hand
722 posts

Posted:
BARF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To you who has been accessing my online accounts, changing my login details, locations and posting censored about me, realise, you are not worth revenge, you are not worth my attention, you are nothing, and that is all you ever will be.

polaritySILVER Member
veteran
1,228 posts

Posted:
*WEG*

OK not-everyone likes marmite smile

You aren't thinking or really existing unless you're willing to risk even your own sanity in the judgment of your existence.

inactiveSILVER Member
old hand
722 posts

Posted:
It's funny, I used to, and I suppose it's ok if it's really really thin on toast, but I see people smothering it on just about everything, yuk. I don't like Peanut butter either, and until I met Birgit I HATED Marzipan, hmmm, tastes change I guess. biggrin

To you who has been accessing my online accounts, changing my login details, locations and posting censored about me, realise, you are not worth revenge, you are not worth my attention, you are nothing, and that is all you ever will be.

NucleopoiBRONZE Member
chemical attraction
1,097 posts

Posted:
i love chocolate

i seem to get loads of cravings for the stuff,its gorgeous!

heyahoneyBRONZE Member
Redneck Woman
566 posts

Posted:
I like to eat those hershey white chocolate thingie bars and dip them in chocolate milk. Yummy heart ubblove ubblove ubblove

Top Three Things I've Learn While Being A Mom
1. Baby poop comes in many colors.
2. Makes sure all dirty diapers are not accessable to my dog.
3. Burp rags are not big enough.

inactiveSILVER Member
old hand
722 posts

Posted:
Hey all, just to say Mrs. Sunbird (Birgit) is in Norway this weekend and will be bringing back Norwegian Chocolate for comparrison and will post when she gets back, ubblol, I will keep her updated on what you guys say, she has just heard about choclate dipped in Marmite!!!! ubblol

Yes I am missing her frown

inactiveSILVER Member
old hand
722 posts

Posted:
*Mrs. Sunbird here*

Norwegian chocolate is average I'd say, though I didn't get to buy the expensive stuff, because the unexpensive stuff is expemsive enough anyways (cheap local beer was 5 pounds for 400 ml just to give you an idea!!!!!!!!).

I have lots of extraordinarily delicious kokosbøller though, I think they are called snowballs here, but they're 3 times normal size and miraculously survived being hand luggage without getting squashed. *drooooooooooool*

polaritySILVER Member
veteran
1,228 posts

Posted:
I think a lot of English chocalate is classified as cheese under EU standards, because it doesn't have enough cocoa solids, and too much milk.

If it is cheese it doesn't compare at all with a nice stilton or *droool* Roqueforte!

As far as I'm concerned the darker chocolate is the better;)

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
Written by:

As far as I'm concerned the darker chocolate is the better;)

indeed, i hated dark chocolate until I couldn't eat milk chocolate anymore. Only since have i realised that the milk fat's only there to compensate for the poor quality/lack of enough cocoa butter. The same is true with coffee, putting milk in is totally uneeded if you start with good quality beans, brewed properly. Cheap dark chocolate is just grim, and a lot of what is sold in the uk as dark or plain does infact contain milk/butterfat!

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
You forgot Nutella, you silly goof!

Oh, and cayenne and cumin both go well with chocolate. Spicy chocolate is quite an experience.

I've also had unsweetened chocolate sauce served with turkey at a Mexican friend's house for Thanksgiving. It's a common Mexican dish, actually, and it's delicious. It's not sweet, but savory and it showed me chocolate in a whole new light.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

ParafinfairySILVER Member
old hand
845 posts

Posted:
Just stumbled on this thread and its making me want chocolate sooooooooo much!!! Ben and I are doing this HORRID detox and haven't had any for 12 days eek

Really looking forward to eating as much of the stuff as possible on Sat. Three more days to go.....

Slicing the Loaf as we speak.

I need it..... Trust me!

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
hehe, heard this on friday from,

put ice magic in coffee,

tis grouse,

cheers, pete biggrin

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

BirgitBRONZE Member
4,145 posts

Posted:
Sorry Lexy!! I can still remember you and Ben bringing in a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge plastic bag full of LIDL chocolate and biscuits and and and at a movie night at mcp's place when you were in Edinburgh! Live off the happy memories until you can have chocolate again wink hug

I was going to say, no Lightning, Nutella isn't really chocolate cause you don't eat it on its own, but then I realised that I used to eat the stuff with a spoon directly out of the tub when we went camping. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmh ubblove

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

inactiveSILVER Member
old hand
722 posts

Posted:
All I can say is DROOL, I love nutella, it's great for sandwiches, great on it's own, great for strawberries, for bannans great for... and Lindt LINDOR!!!!!!!!!! Oh, now THAT's chocloate for me! biggrin help I need Chocolate now!!!

BirgitBRONZE Member
4,145 posts

Posted:
wait till tonight, we can raid my secret chocolate box that's hiding in my wardrobe. ooooops ubblol

(G.W. Dahlquist)

Dressed in BlackBRONZE Member
A Fire Inside
191 posts

Posted:
my gran sent me a fiver in the post for the sole purpose of chocolate buying cos she knows i eat it when im revisig smile

::: I LiKe pLeAsUrE sPiKeD wItH pAiN - MuSiC iS mY aErOpLaNe :::

old hand
845 posts

Posted:
Aw Birgit, yes the memories of chocolate and movies - you can't really beat it!! Well its now only today and tomorrow to go so I'll be strong!! hug

Your gran sounds so nice dib - a fiver just for chocolate ubblove

I need it..... Trust me!

Mags The JediGOLD Member
Fool
2,020 posts

Posted:
I am eating Galaxy as i type.

Mmmmmmmm

devil

"I believe the cost of life is Death and we will all pay that in full. Everything else should be a gift. We paid the cover charge of life, we were born."

Bill Hicks, February 1988

old hand
845 posts

Posted:
Yeah thanks for that! I'm not frown

I need it..... Trust me!

BirgitBRONZE Member
4,145 posts

Posted:
I really like the galxy praline bits that they have in their minis bags, but I can't find big bars of them frown just the horrible caramel.

(G.W. Dahlquist)

GherkinGOLD Member
Inventor
117 posts

Posted:
mmm... I had some chocolate with breakfast this morning! biggrin

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
one of the worst things about mumps is ive ben banned from eating chocolate. i dont need to tell you how shytty that it.

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
Chocolate is winter food...Can't do choccy in the summer everythings already too sticky without adding chocolate..
Nuts...bad. Give me the head cocoa rush bounce2 bounce2

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

BirgitBRONZE Member
4,145 posts

Posted:
whoever invented chocolate-coated ice cream cones is my hero of the day biggrin

(G.W. Dahlquist)

PsyriSILVER Member
artisan
1,576 posts

Posted:
already scoffed te chocolate in the vicinity, now its time for midget gems

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
churrrrrrrrrrrr-ching!

https://www.cookware-online.co.uk/ishop/930/shopscr2368.html

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
Chocolate gives me massive 3 day migraines that are a bit like small strokes. I actually get numbing to one side of my body. frown

White chocolate isnt actually chocolate though so I can eat it. The thought of eating lots of fat and milk doesnt appeal all too often though.

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
Written by: Seye

White chocolate isnt actually chocolate though so I can eat it

White Chocolate contains cocoa butter (well, good stuff does anyway), you must be allergic to cocoa solids. Personally if i had 3 day migraines, as they are derived from the same bean and probably not seperated under the best conditions, i don't think i'd risk it. Have you tried carob (available from most health food stores)? Not quite as good, but not a bad immitation.

Page: