Page:
BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:
I've durbsed chocolate and there is no old thread discussing important chocolate things. Though maybe there is one in social discussion...

Anyways, since I've off-topic-ed various threads with random chocolate-related things I'm going to make a seperate thread for it biggrin

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
how can you vote for "just" and something else?

BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:
well. obviously if you click "just" then you're not supposed to click "all of it", but you can still click for certain types of expensive chocolate and how often you eat it and anyways I needed to fill 10 options ubblol ubbrollsmile

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

OrangeBoboSILVER Member
veteran
1,389 posts

Posted:
White! White with nuts! YUUMMMMMMM

And yes, eeewww marzipan! *me no likey*

~ Bobo

wie weit, wie weit noch?
fragst mich, wo wir gewesen sind...
du fehlst hier

Tao StarPooh-Bah
1,662 posts

Posted:
ha ha ha, no one voted for Yuck.

not surprised. and i'm glad to see that milk has come out top so far. we have some sensible people here on HoP, who know good choc when they taste it!

I had a dream that my friend had a
strong-bad pop up book,
it was the book of my dreams.

.:star:.SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,785 posts

Posted:
mmmmm chocolate! white chocolate, milk chocolate, choclate rasins, crunchies! mmmmmmmmmm ubblove

although i hate 'chocolates' - they are just chocolate filled with evil fondant or yucky coffe creme euugghhh its an insult to chocolate!!!

munkypunksGOLD Member
enthusiast, but not enthusiastic
367 posts

Posted:
oohh, starpoi, no, you miss chocolate truffles if you write them off entirely! (but, yes, it's evil when they fill them with icky stuff and you can't tell from the outside! I'm a 'take a small bite and throw it away and start over if you get an blechy one' kind of kid.)

You can't fall off the floor, but sometimes you need a chair to reach the cookie jar.

JauntyJamesSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,533 posts

Posted:
Eww, not nuts!

I like nuts, but not in my chocolate. They totally ruin the nice smooth texture!

-James

"How do you know if you're happy or sad without a mask? Or angry? Or ready for dessert?"

.:star:.SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,785 posts

Posted:
i admit that there are some nice chocolates but most are icky. I like praline filled chocs...ooh and nutty chocolate but truffles are super icky!

I'm really really allergic to oranges so a box of chocolates without a thingy that tells you what they are is russian roulette for me!

MandSILVER Member
Keeper of the Spitfire
2,317 posts

Posted:
Mmmmmmm... definitely dark chocolate or white chocolate for me! ubblove

Boxes of chocolates aren't too bad now (except for when you accidentaly get an icky coconut one!). They're so much better now they seem to have given up hiding Turkish Delights in there.
I mean... it's such an evil thing to do! The turkish delights always ended up in the wrong place. So you think you're taking a nice chocolate truffle, and before you know it you're leaning over the dustbin, trying to pick out perfume scented jelly from between your teeth! eek frown

Lets steal a spaceship and head for the sun, and shoot the stars with a lemonade ray gun.

Boo_BunnyBRONZE Member
Sparkely arty Mormon rainbow fairy
933 posts

Posted:
Ummm, chocolate.....
White with bourbon vanilla
Bittersweet with cherrys

Maya gold.......*drools*

P.S. check out my chocolate fountain thread for more chocolate fun

Property of Fine_Rabid_Dog

marmaladeSILVER Member
journeyman
72 posts

Posted:
Cadbury's Dairy Milk with Peanut Butter is my current obsession. mmmmmmmm! ubblove

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
kelly

GidgBRONZE Member
Super Gidg!!!!
8,506 posts

Posted:
Chocolate with almonds or macadamians. My current obsession. It's a good thing that I don't go to the store that often or I would be eating them like they were water ... umm

Growing old is mandatory; growing up is NOT.
Proud member of the HoP DPS.
Sanity is a highly overrated state of mind.
I'm normal ... it's everyone else that's crazy.

Gidg

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
Written by:

They're so much better now they seem to have given up hiding Turkish Delights in there

I'm so glad I've tried turkish delight that isn't rose flavoured and coated in chocolate now, because for years cheap chocolates gave me the impression that it was disgusting. If you HATE the stuff, try a nice box of traditional pistacio stuff ubblove

ShuBRONZE Member
Retro Fyre Wizzard
538 posts

Posted:
i voted for the lot... then had to vote for yuck coz i got sick from too much!
frown

Regards hug

Shu
(Ice-E FyreStorm - Group Manager & Performer)

You know those people your parentals warned you about?... I'M ONE OF THEM! ubbloco
Yes, i do bite!!

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
my moma always told me "life is like a box of chocolate flid, you eat them all and make yourself sick...."

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
If chocolate were not invented, I would have starved. I love it all, plain, with fruit or nuts or nougut, white, dark,milk... Ill even eat it offf the floor. I once survived a month on kitkats, health suffered a bit, but I was happy! biggrin

Ive never felt ill from eating too much... then again, I have never eaten more than I could carry. wink

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

inactiveSILVER Member
old hand
722 posts

Posted:
Post deleted by Sunbird

To you who has been accessing my online accounts, changing my login details, locations and posting censored about me, realise, you are not worth revenge, you are not worth my attention, you are nothing, and that is all you ever will be.

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
Ritter Sport?

I got through a lot of that at uni, there was a limited supply of vegan chocolate available on campus

inactiveSILVER Member
old hand
722 posts

Posted:
Post deleted by Sunbird

To you who has been accessing my online accounts, changing my login details, locations and posting censored about me, realise, you are not worth revenge, you are not worth my attention, you are nothing, and that is all you ever will be.

inactiveSILVER Member
old hand
722 posts

Posted:
Peanut butter? *barf* ahng on, you actualy like Cadbury's? it's so, boring, but if I have to eat non-snob choclate, then I LOVE Lion Bars!

inactiveSILVER Member
old hand
722 posts

Posted:
Do you chew your water like chocolate? lol ubblol

inactiveSILVER Member
old hand
722 posts

Posted:
Ritter's nice yeah, but the Marzipan ones I had were small individual chocs wrapped in red foil. I'm gonna find out what they are called then I'll post the name here when I get a job in their factory as a taster!!! ubblol

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
Talking of Maya gold (and green and blacks in general) I'm not overly happy about this. Cadburys have said they want to keep it as a seperate business, but they have a history of pissing about with ingrediants to keep costs down (the recipe for bournville changes on average twice a year, flunctuating between vegan and non vegan). Cadburys are good at making chocolate taste good, without using particularly good ingrediants, which is what G&Bs was about.

inactiveSILVER Member
old hand
722 posts

Posted:
Hang on! Cadbury's are an evil mini corp that uses child labour and doesn't care about organic stuff, Green and Black's are Fairtrade, Organic and Ethical, what's going on? Is it that G&B don't care anymore or is it that Cadbury's are waking up to change?

Whatever, the case, Maya Gold will never be the same again!!! frown It has been corrupted frown

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
Green and Blacks evecutives got 5 million. Cadburys paid 20 to 30 million for the company, which is peanuts considering their size.

I've never liked G&Bs since I read their really crappy/uninspiring cream/butter/eggs centric recipe book (despite over half of their chocolate being vegan). I am however a fan on Montezumas who are a lot like G&B, but also do lots of truffles and have a couple of shops, so you can buy mail order and specify what ingrediants you want.

I'm all for learning how to make my own chocolate, but cocoa butter is almost unheard of in small quantities and I've been unable to find a chocolatier/restuarant willing to sell me less than about 60 quids worth. The only source I've found in the UK that is supposidly food grade is from a cosmetics company, and I don't trust them to have since stored it in a manner fit for consumption (as opposed to using in soap etc). There are recipes I have that use cocoa butter for things other than chocolate (like vegan white chocolate mouse made by a hotel on west coast us), but I've as of yet been unable to try them frown

JauntyJamesSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,533 posts

Posted:
Dark chocolate.

-James

"How do you know if you're happy or sad without a mask? Or angry? Or ready for dessert?"

inactiveSILVER Member
old hand
722 posts

Posted:
It just so happens that one of my dear friends makes chocolate, or at least her family in the states does, I'll talk to her and see where she gets it from if you like?

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
if she knows knows anyone in the UKs elling it that'd be grand smile

It is a lot easier to get hold of in the states, as are many ingrediants made in that part of the world. I've had lots of fun over the years sourcing ingrediants in the UK that are a common item in other countries. Unfortunatly when I do find them they tend to have a 300% markup frown

inactiveSILVER Member
old hand
722 posts

Posted:
Yeouch! 300%! Well if I ask her I'm sure she won't make it that expensive.

GothFrogetteBRONZE Member
grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
Cadbury's every time with out a doubt.
don't like g&b or the organic fair trade stuff

Life's too short to worry about where you put your marshmallows

Page: