Forums > Social Discussion > Possible new catagory for forum just for HOP merchandise?

Login/Join to Participate

Spacecow00xSILVER Member
170 posts

Posted:
I think that there should be a subject forum section, for all the items HOP sells, so that people can write and read personal reviews with possibly their own pictures of that product in use. I thought of this, cause i was looking for the best catagory to post my last question about a product on the website, and wasnt really sure where it best fit. Anyway, i would love to see reviews of products being sold, or even like, people saying what they did with a product to make it better. And i know i wouldnt mind posting what i think of some of the awesome stuff the site sells. It would just help us all in the deciding process of what we want to buy, and save people posting about it in random catagories like i do redface

anyone else think this could be a good idea? ubbidea

You've got the wings of a fallen angel
You offer peace if they praise your name
You live your life taking everything you can get
Look down, time to fly!

GherkinGOLD Member
Inventor
117 posts

Posted:
Yeah, I think that's a great idea!

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Call it "Purchasing Advice" clap

nearly_all_goneSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,626 posts

Posted:
That's a brilliant idea. And as HoP basically sells quality products, there's certainly nothing for Malcom to lose by doing so, in my opinion.

Because the range is relatively small, there would probably be threads on most products, troubleshooting, postage/customs info etc... really good plan!

What a wonderful miracle if only we could look through each other's eyes for an instant.
Thoreau

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
its a good idea, but better to put in the shop, so people who've bought it can leave reviews. Lots of sites I use do the same, and it can be a really good way for people making decisions about what to buy and the sellers themselves (ie what products people like, whether a line should be ditched, or simply find out why something isn't selling well)

Pooh-Bah
1,626 posts

Posted:
Perhaps you could have a rating system for each product with that - several criteria with "Bad - Average - Good" and a comment as well..?

What a wonderful miracle if only we could look through each other's eyes for an instant.
Thoreau

Spacecow00xSILVER Member
170 posts

Posted:
that could be a good idea Flid, but allowing people to post reviews at free will, means that someone has to keep track of all the reviews, people could leave obsene messages about products, the forum inviroment allows people ask questions about products, or ideas of things to do with it and such, kinda like reviews to another level. Or each product could link to its forum page and have a link saying "hear more oppinions of this product" and be sent right to the discussion about it. lets just say the situation arrose that someones poi broke! Oh noes, what should he do. Go to the product page, ask people suggestions on how to fix this product, Uh oh, it cant be fixed, but you could buy this part to replace the broken part. Kinda deal.. haha i know that was pretty stupid but im hoping u got the idea. smile
EDITED_BY: Spacecow00x (1116432521)

Look down, time to fly!

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
Wow, I was thinking the exact same thing the other day, the products should at least have some sort of reviews like they do on most other websites. Definately would be helpful, unless it turns into the wow, this product is great thing as then it doesn't actually tell ou anything! star rating systm would be good though, and maybe what level the poduct is recomended for, particulary if stuff is good for beginners, when your new to something its hard to know what to get.

Live like there is no tomorrow,
dance like nobody is watching
and hula hoop like wiggling will save the world.

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Spacecow00xSILVER Member
170 posts

Posted:
right it would be very helpful for people that are new to poi, trying to decide what they should buy and so on

Look down, time to fly!

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
Written by: Spacecow00x

people could leave obsene messages about products

of course the system would be moderated, so all reviews checked before adding. That would filter out support requests and people who haven't actuallty ever used the stuff who just wanted to ask questions

Spacecow00xSILVER Member
170 posts

Posted:
i suppose, but a forum would be alot easier if u think about it

Look down, time to fly!

Pooh-Bah
1,626 posts

Posted:
Either way, a very good idea. The shop testimonials are nice, but that's not really enough to make a decision between two items on.

Thoreau

Spacecow00xSILVER Member
170 posts

Posted:
i would prefer discussion than to reviews, because usually you can ask the reviewer questions

Look down, time to fly!

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
I don't think that's entirely fair to Malcom.

He's being kind enough to let us use his store's bandwidth for our daily chatter. If you're suggesting that there should be more information comparing the items in the store, that may be a good point. But I see no reason why he should pay for bandwidth so some jerk from Idaho can insult his products just because he had a bad day.

I've never had a problem with any HoP product. I think Malcolm has gone so far above and beyond the call of a businessman and a host. I think he's actually losing money by not being slimy and schemy and selling add space and being misleading.

In fact, Malcolm has gone so far in making us feel welcome that we forget that this is his business rather than a hang out. I see no reason why Malcolm should further jeopardize his family's income by allowing a two sided forum for discussion of his products. I see no other firespinning site promoting open critique and criticism of their products, I see no reason why it should be done here.

{Excuse my succinctness with rudeness. I didn't mean to be rude. Just being efficient. Wow... did I spell anything right?}
EDITED_BY: NYC (1116442700)

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Spacecow00xSILVER Member
170 posts

Posted:
people are going to ask if a product is good or not regardless of there actually being a correct place to put the topic, so why not make it easier for other people to find reviews of products they are also thinking of buying, i know i wont buy anything unless i have seen or heard of how it actually is. Becides, good talk of a product can also stimulate its sales.

Look down, time to fly!

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
That's what the search function is for. I have seen so many reviews in technical and social (I put mine in technical discussion, btw).

I can see both sides, and completely understand why it would be great for people to make their purchasing decisions, though I know that HoP staff tends to field most of those questions (and that is what we are here for).

In the end it is up to Malcolm, but in truth, I really do not see a need for it when the search function works just fine and there are forums already that this kind of discussion works well in.

*shrug*

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
"However we prefer to keep the shop relationships seperate from the community. Otherwise it will become too commercial looking."

I ubblove HOP.

smile

P.s- Anyone want to buy my old Aerotechs? wink

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
I'll trade you an autographed NYC postcard. wink

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Kombi guyBRONZE Member
HOP OM
225 posts

Posted:
All the products we sell through the HOP shop are getting tested and then re-tested on a regular basis here at HOP central, as safety is sooooo important along with the quality of the products that we design. Whether its a new product that we are designing here, or products we buy off other manufacturers, every item gets repeatedly tested by both Malcolm and myself...before being released out into the big wide world of twirly goodness. Hence the feedback that we ask for with the 21 day support email after you have purchased from us means so much. Items we sell are regularly getting tested and re tested and improvements made where necessary,as the joy of the manufacturing/design aspect means continually changing and improving on the products. If any shop or product related questions cant be found through searching feel free to email me here at HOP central.....

support@homeofpoi.com

Happy twirling
Chris.
juggle weavesmiley juggle weavesmiley juggle

JauntyJamesSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,533 posts

Posted:
I think that having a section devoted to product reviews is a very reasonable idea, but not a section devoted entirely to HoP goods. It makes a lot more sense to have it contain information on all sorts of different products, which would indeed keep the HoP shop separated as Malcolm wished.

-James

"How do you know if you're happy or sad without a mask? Or angry? Or ready for dessert?"