bobrobmember
61 posts

Posted:
I'm finally here!! what a great place grinAll thats missing is a few friendly poi types to hook up with, anyone interested??I'm staying in Kings Cross (surprise surprise) so if anybody wants to play - leave me some details on the bb or email me: bob@no-fixed-abode.co.uk hope 2 C U soon smile bob

Finnmember
341 posts

Posted:
Hey Bob,Glad to hear that you've made it safely to the land down under (cheese alert!)You absolutely must come to Newtown on Wednesday night. You can catch either the train or bus from the city.Several home of poi regulars (me, Flash Fire, Frenzie, Adrian) plus a host of others get together every Wednesday night for a freestyle jam session.We meet in Camperdown Park (right behind King Street - Newtown's main drag) opposite the Courthouse Hotel. We're there from 7-30 until about 10-30 pm.Bring your gear with you. Don't stress if you don't have it, we usually have some spare toys.Yay! smileP.S. My real name is Jude. Just ask for Jude, Sarah or Shanna.

SimosBRONZE Member
enthusiast
384 posts

Posted:
hey nice job so far bobrob; and remember, us people back in the crap UK weather are counting on our loyal scout (you of course) for more info on the poi continent... keep us posted and take lots of pics, willya?have lots of fun mate and happy swinging,Simos

Finnmember
341 posts

Posted:
Well Bobrob, are ya coming? smile

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
are ya are ya are ya? we could well be inclined to throw a shrimp on the barbie and crack a coupla coldies, just to say g'day to ya, slappa!bruce - is that youse mate? awww, sorry shazza, youse all look the same after a few slabs.Yes, we are really that bad. Neighbours, E-street and Home & Away are truly indicative of our way of life.

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

bobrobmember
61 posts

Posted:
hey there, sorry for the huge delay in replying, only using internet cafes every few days (save those hard earned pennies, ya know)Well, i did go, and had a fantastic time! I totally didnt expect such a great turnout (what was there, like 30 or 40 people !!!) wicked! i have to say thanks to you guys for making us feel so welcome, and thanks to malcolm for inadvertantly bringing us all together grin cheers fella - i'll thank you in person when i'm in your neck of the woods!And then.... there was thursday nite, and even more fire types just down the road! message for the manchester poi massiv: get makin some new toys people. These guys look like they all have their engineering degrees with all the double and treble wick stuff flying around!!!! see y'all soon tongue

CAINED-AND-UNABLEmember
214 posts

Posted:
Bruv. three wicks eh????? I'm on the case. grin

Finnmember
341 posts

Posted:
Yay Bobrob, it was great to meet you and Heather.See you next week! smile