• You must now select Courier Delivery if you wish to receive items before Christmas.

Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Where's summer gone?!! ..Nuneaton Midland meet ups

Login/Join to Participate
Page: 1...7891011...22
GothFrogette
BRONZE Member since Oct 2004

GothFrogette

grumpy poorly froggy

Total posts: 3999
Posted:If you are already here then you know what spinny fun can be had (even if it is slacky at the moment) and if your in the area or fancy coming to one of the meets then this is the thread for you. We are a friendly bunch of 'spinners' who love to meet up for spinny goodness biggrin

If your just passing through our little town and fancy meeting up just PM me and i will see what we can do.

this is where we spin

GATHERINGS

Next one is 13th-14th september wink........

Main Meets are the second weekend of every month (usualy)

ROLL ON THE SUN!! . Well there is nothing i can do about the cold or the wet or the wind so its meets at mine smile which is rather fun and we have a nice piece of park land less than 5 minutes from my house,(we can go to riv too as that is the main park in town and only 20 minutes from my house)the park near my house it also rather good for a bit of power kiting if the wind is good enough and not too gusty.This is very handy if it is a bit of a dodge weather day as if the sun comes out its easy to quickley pop out.As for near by shops,i live just up the road from our local green which does have shops a bargain booze, takeaways etc.

HOPpers in town

Gothfrogette

Poirate pegleg

rita queen of cheese

devilsarmy

PHYSCOPATH

LAdrenalin

Satsa

Libby_Tuesday.... now living in rugby

meep

black_rust

Pen Draven.. i stole him from London

SDLW.. Mwahahaha i stole her from Bristol

PK

Pilchard (not on Hop but went to play)

Lucy.. at UNI.. we miss her

Nichola..

Gooooooooodie ? on spelling that right "

the plan usualy goes like this... wink

First day around 12pm till when ever you have to go firey fun around 8-9 - Sunday meet at mine 1pm (unless you have stopped over) same as above but with firey fun around 9

If i have enough wood then there is a fire out the back so we can sit around and keep warm.My house is a non smoking house because of the kids although that is another reason why we sit outside as i do not mind smoking in the garden. Also feel free to bring food and drink too, you are more than welcome to use my cooker and the general rule is.. use it clean it smile

Both the park and my house are not far from the train or bus staion

PM me if you need any more information or if you wish to be added to the HOPpers in town list

biggrin hug

http://groups.myspace.com/Nuneaton39circusfreaks39

http://groups.myspace.com/Nuneatonjugglingclub

Life's too short to worry about where you put your marshmallows

Delete Topic

87wt2gxq7

87wt2gxq7

veteran

Total posts: 1502
Posted:So kids, how was the meet? Did it actually happen? Once again, sorry I couldn't make it but I was, er... somewhat indisposed.

Delete

black_rust

Total posts: 9
Posted:Yes we all went to Mal's and poied in the rain!! So everyone had fuzzy hair by the end of the night (or maybe that was just me) I hacked up the chicken with a cheese knife and ate my first Oreo......yay!! bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce

Delete

aka rita queen of cheese

aka rita queen of cheese

Total posts: 80
Posted:hehehehehehehehe, i had fuzzy hair to, but then again i always have fuzzy hair biggrin biggrin hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug

Delete

flid
BRONZE Member since Aug 2002

flid

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 3136
Posted:Who is mal? Is there something I don't know? eek

Delete

aka rita queen of cheese

aka rita queen of cheese

Posted:Big thanks to mel, for yet again hosting a brilliant meet despite the weather biggrin hug hug hug hug hug, hope there will be another soon

Delete

jemima (jem)
SILVER Member since Dec 2002

jemima (jem)

Pooh-Bah

Total posts: 1750
Posted:We love you froggie, frogs and all smile

Me and my mr had a loverly chilled time at yours, but I tink you noticed smile

Thank youhug hug hug hug hug hug

Never assume
Always Acknowledge

Delete

Eccles
GOLD Member since Jul 2005

Eccles

enthusiast

Total posts: 251
Posted:i will join you guys next time!

(will go to London clapham this sun, hopeful will see some of you, yes you, there!)

smile
Eccles

Delete

flid

flid

Carpal \'Tunnel

Posted:when will next time be?

Delete

lemminglady
GOLD Member since Aug 2005

Total posts: 63
Posted:Glad you guys had fun.. I've converted a couple of mates to the way of the poi!!! although they are now all better at it than me... AT the next meet I'll bring them along

I'd love to stay here and be normal....

Delete

GothFrogette
BRONZE Member since Oct 2004

GothFrogette

grumpy poorly froggy

Total posts: 3999
Posted:how about after BJC?
When is ok for other to come,
i am having a gathering at the end of next month anyway.... ok its my Samhain party and all are invited but its going to be on the last weekend.

Life's too short to worry about where you put your marshmallows

Delete

thelost
SILVER Member since Aug 2005

thelost

mmm...i feel all warm and fuzzy... 'no dude, that's your hair on fire'

Total posts: 355
Posted:Written by: GothFrogette

how about after BJC?

BJC?... eh?...

oh yeah, dunno when the next meet is, but if it's a twice-monthly meet thing, i won't be able to come to the next one if there IS gonna be one on the 24th because i'm gonna be up north till the monday after...if there IS a meet going on after that though, i'm sure i'll be able to make it biggrin

It's better to burn out than to fade away

Delete

yoni
GOLD Member since Jun 2005

yoni

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 3099
Posted:well i will be down for one at half term hopefully (if there is a meet then)

UCOF "evolution: Poi -> stick -> hoops -> devil stick -> juggling club -> juggling ball -> crayons."

Supergroovalsticprosifunkstication
In other words, it's the thumps bump

Delete

[noodles]

[noodles]

*Property of Pigeon Wigeon*

Total posts: 893
Posted:Of course by down, you really mean up. Bloody Southerners biggrin

Could somebody stop the room please... I'd like to get off

Delete

polarity
SILVER Member since May 2005

polarity

veteran

Total posts: 1228
Posted:Being the Midlands in and out may make more sense wink

You aren't thinking or really existing unless you're willing to risk even your own sanity in the judgment of your existence.

Green peppers, lime pickle and whole-grain mustard = best sandwich filling.

Delete

yoni
GOLD Member since Jun 2005

yoni

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 3099
Posted:arghhhh bloody directons

maybe i was assuming that everyone had there perspective upsidown and the south polew as at the top instead of the bottom and it was only percieved the other way because most of the people who decide that sorta stuff are on the northern hemisphere.
never thought a that did ya? wink

UCOF "evolution: Poi -> stick -> hoops -> devil stick -> juggling club -> juggling ball -> crayons."

Supergroovalsticprosifunkstication
In other words, it's the thumps bump

Delete

thelost

thelost

Posted:err... no. biggrin

just stick to north and south kinda 'up' and 'down' tongue

Delete

Kieron

Total posts: 232
Posted:If I can I shall appear at the next meet...providing I can work out how, when, where etc... as I barely know how to get anywhere in Coventry at the moment having moved in Friday let alone finding the meet nearest Coventry.

"I'm quite good at darts, though i often miss" - Kylie

"I'm not a bad driver, I just panic when theres other cars around" - Sarah

Delete

Sir_Sheep

Sir_Sheep

old hand

Total posts: 725
Posted:I think you need the number 48 bus from Pool Meadow. I could be wrong of course. Youre at Coventry university right? Im on Warwick University Campus now, and I found their juggling society today, was such a happy bunny!

Hope you find your way to Nuneaton alright smile

Spoiling Christmas for small children since 2003.

Delete

aka rita queen of cheese

aka rita queen of cheese

Posted:the number 48 doesn't go from pool meadow anymore
it goes from one of the bus stops by mc donalds, round that street in town, near to the canal basin

Delete

Kieron

Posted:Ok, thx. I shall try to find my way next time...where is it from wherever the bus stops?

Yeah, they have no juggling society frown

Delete

[noodles]

[noodles]

*Property of Pigeon Wigeon*

Total posts: 893
Posted:Does anyone here go along to the Birmingham Uni Juggle thing. (Purple Mermaid)? My friend went along once when he first took up poi but he got a rather cold reception there and decided against going back.

Could somebody stop the room please... I'd like to get off

Delete

flid

flid

Carpal \'Tunnel

Posted:is anything happening this weekend? If so, anyone who who wants to meet in cov to take the bus, I know where I'm going.

Delete

Kieron

Posted:Whenever something does happen it would be probably save a lot of confusion if I met you in Coventry to take the bus. I haven't got a job yet so for now my weekends are free.

Any time i'm free or work can be put off i'm up for a spin, also would be useful to know somewhere that sells parraffin

EDITED_BY: Kieron (1127897543)

Delete

87wt2gxq7

87wt2gxq7

veteran

Posted:Written by: [noodles
]
Does anyone here go along to the Birmingham Uni Juggle thing. (Purple Mermaid)? My friend went along once when he first took up poi but he got a rather cold reception there and decided against going back.

Yeah, I go pretty regularly. Admittedly it has been a bit cold to new pepople in the past, mainly because a lot of the people there have been going for a while and have got a bit cliquey, simply because they know each other so well.

I nearly stopped going because of this but perservered and the old-timers are quite friendly one you get to know them.

However last Monday was the first meet of the new academic year and it's a lot more welcoming and friendly this year. We've got more socials, free beer at the Renegade stage (1st Monday of every month, ie this coming 03/10/05) and workshops, including poi workshops led by our very own Fluffy Napalm Fairy! Please come along, and bring your friend! Hopefully he'll enjoy it more this time...

Delete

Kieron

Posted:Can anyone send me more information? Like place and times. (To the Birmingham thing)

Also Flid, being the only spinner I know exists in Coventry, any time i'm not in a lecture i'm free and willing to spin if you wanted to. I'm not very good, still haven't got antispins or isolating more than buzzsaw, but I won't constantly bug you to teach wink Just need someone else to spin fire with occassionally.

EDITED_BY: Kieron (1128173475)

Delete

thelost

thelost

Posted:Here is the site for the Birmingham Uni juggling society thing, it's got directions there so it shouldn't be too hard to find... (you'd think that wouldn't you? tongue)

Delete

87wt2gxq7

87wt2gxq7

veteran

Posted:Written by: Kieron

Can anyone send me more information? Like place and times. (To the Birmingham thing)

5pm-7pm, Mondays, University of Birmingham Student's Guild, basement thereof.

Also I usually spin for half an hour at Aston University lakeside on my lunchbreak (any time between 12 noon and 2pm but usually 1-1:30 ish), sometimes thelost_seraph comes along too.

PM me if you're interested in coming along so I can tell you who to look for.

Delete

Eccles

Eccles

enthusiast

Posted:For the Purple Mermaid thing, does it still start from 5 to 7pm on Monday?
Last year, i can't make most of the Monday, because I do not finish work until 6pm.
so just hope Ros or Sandy can push the finshing time later...

by the way, if anyone around Birmingham do up for a spin, just give me a PM.

Eccles

Delete

Eccles

Eccles

enthusiast

Posted:Oh.. 87wt2gxq7 so do you usually spin near the lake(next to the triangle water feature).
Because i will go to Gosta green UCE campus every thur, we can meet up for a spin, if you are free.
Hopefully Sandy may be around as well!

Eccles

Delete

87wt2gxq7

87wt2gxq7

veteran

Posted:'k, starting up a new Birmingham thread so's the Nuneaton folk can have this thread back wink

Delete

Page: 1...7891011...22