• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 200.00 credit to your HoP account.

Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Where's summer gone?!! ..Nuneaton Midland meet ups

Login/Join to Participate
Page: 1...56789...22
GothFrogette
GothFrogette

grumpy poorly froggy
Total posts: 3999
Posted:If you are already here then you know what spinny fun can be had (even if it is slacky at the moment) and if your in the area or fancy coming to one of the meets then this is the thread for you. We are a friendly bunch of 'spinners' who love to meet up for spinny goodness biggrin

If your just passing through our little town and fancy meeting up just PM me and i will see what we can do.

this is where we spin

GATHERINGS

Next one is 13th-14th september wink........

Main Meets are the second weekend of every month (usualy)

ROLL ON THE SUN!! . Well there is nothing i can do about the cold or the wet or the wind so its meets at mine smile which is rather fun and we have a nice piece of park land less than 5 minutes from my house,(we can go to riv too as that is the main park in town and only 20 minutes from my house)the park near my house it also rather good for a bit of power kiting if the wind is good enough and not too gusty.This is very handy if it is a bit of a dodge weather day as if the sun comes out its easy to quickley pop out.As for near by shops,i live just up the road from our local green which does have shops a bargain booze, takeaways etc.

HOPpers in town

Gothfrogette

Poirate pegleg

rita queen of cheese

devilsarmy

PHYSCOPATH

LAdrenalin

Satsa

Libby_Tuesday.... now living in rugby

meep

black_rust

Pen Draven.. i stole him from London

SDLW.. Mwahahaha i stole her from Bristol

PK

Pilchard (not on Hop but went to play)

Lucy.. at UNI.. we miss her

Nichola..

Gooooooooodie ? on spelling that right "

the plan usualy goes like this... wink

First day around 12pm till when ever you have to go firey fun around 8-9 - Sunday meet at mine 1pm (unless you have stopped over) same as above but with firey fun around 9

If i have enough wood then there is a fire out the back so we can sit around and keep warm.My house is a non smoking house because of the kids although that is another reason why we sit outside as i do not mind smoking in the garden. Also feel free to bring food and drink too, you are more than welcome to use my cooker and the general rule is.. use it clean it smile

Both the park and my house are not far from the train or bus staion

PM me if you need any more information or if you wish to be added to the HOPpers in town list

biggrin hug

http://groups.myspace.com/Nuneaton39circusfreaks39

http://groups.myspace.com/Nuneatonjugglingclub

Life's too short to worry about where you put your marshmallows

Delete Topic

zaneththegreat
zaneththegreat

Total posts: 14
Posted:well none of that [censored] made sense to me lol
sorry bout the name mix-ups
yeah 10th september would be kewl with me we should see what mell (goth frogette) is doin tho confused
neways see ya all soon juggle weavesmiley

speak again and i shall see to it that your life becomes suddenly short and painfull

Delete

GothFrogette
GothFrogette

grumpy poorly froggy
Posted:i have no idea what i am doing but you guys do know that you don't have to clear things with me.
hug

Delete

kitey
Total posts: 16
Posted:unfortunately I couldn't make it - can you let this newbie know when the next one is - and are there directions available as I am a bit directionally challenged!?

Delete

zaneththegreat
zaneththegreat

Posted:hey kitey what you do is get a train to nuneaton and ask the nearest person "where the hell is riv bandstand" just shout that and some one will tell you lol
or failing that you could ask me an my gf to come meet you at nuneaton train station and we will do biggrin biggrin

speak again and i shall see to it that your life becomes suddenly short and painfull

Delete

GothFrogette
GothFrogette

grumpy poorly froggy
Posted:Righty then the 10th it is..... goes off and changes info

Delete

zaneththegreat
zaneththegreat

Posted:okies ill be there then and ill come meet kitey if she tells me when she will arrive
biggrin hugto all
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Delete

thelost
thelost

mmm...i feel all warm and fuzzy... 'no dude, that's your hair on fire'
Total posts: 355
Posted:Written by: kitey
and are there directions available as I am a bit directionally challenged!?

here here tongue

I been there once and I've already forgotten my way there ubblol

I managed to get near ish by accident and asked the nice librarians just on the edge of town centre shops...that reminds me...that's the first time I've ever spoken to a librarian...

It's better to burn out than to fade away

Delete

polarity
polarity

veteran
Total posts: 1228
Posted:Just head into the town center from the bus or train station, then head south till you get to the ringroad. There are maps of the town center about the place that show as far out as the ringroad (called Roanne Ringway) then you follow Coton Road south which is a dual carriageway with barriers down the middle. At the first level crossing head into the park on the east side of the road. Head into the park a little and the bandstand should be visible to your right.

You aren't thinking or really existing unless you're willing to risk even your own sanity in the judgment of your existence.

Green peppers, lime pickle and whole-grain mustard = best sandwich filling.

Delete

zaneththegreat
zaneththegreat

Posted:see polarity has his head scewed on and its even multicoloured:D biggrin

Delete

polarity
polarity

veteran
Posted:Yeah, but I only know that because I got totally lost and then started to pay attention to where I was going (the town maps are a bit screwy, and the sun kept vanishing behind clouds, so I didn't know which way was south).

Pictures of the nightime spinning are at http://nautilus.homeunix.org/gallery/
(Made the mistake of eating candy just after I arrived, and felt too wrecked to take pictures or spin properly in the park).

You aren't thinking or really existing unless you're willing to risk even your own sanity in the judgment of your existence.

Delete

thelost
thelost

Posted:Jeez, Polarity, your LED poi's are insane ubblol

Awesome, but still a tad too steep to get a set made tongue

Great shots by the way, I need to learn how to achieve effects like that

Delete

polarity
polarity

veteran
Posted:There are plenty of threads on photographing poi, but for starters you can't do much with a cheap digital camera, you need manual control of things like the aperture and shutter speed, so you can get the lighting and the length of the trails right.

Delete

thelost
thelost

Posted:The only problem is, I don't know what kind of price range the manual adjustments come into play with digital cameras, so I don't know how much I'm looking to spend for a half decent one.

Ah well, off to take an exam re-sit ubbcrying wish me luck...

Delete

black_rust
Total posts: 9
Posted:Did anyone have any pictures of me fire spinning?
Its hard to make out who's who on those pictures, but im guessin the fire spinners are Mal and John....?
devil
I think on the 10th I'll be at the train station with a sign saying 'HOPers this way' about 2, so no-one gets lost

welcome ubbrollsmile

Delete

aka rita queen of cheese
aka rita queen of cheese

Total posts: 80
Posted:hehehehehehehe, that sounds like a great idea.
so much good spinning time is lost, by trying to find the park biggrin

Delete

thelost
thelost

Posted:Woohoo! a guide!

i read back to another post you made...you have ginger roots? tongue

People probably mostly didn't notice until you said and now ripping begins? biggrin

Delete

black_rust
Posted:Well they should be dyed by the 10th haha!! ubblol

Delete

kitey
Total posts: 16
Posted:[
I think on the 10th I'll be at the train station with a sign saying 'HOPers this way' about 2, so no-one gets lost

welcome ubbrollsmile

I like the idea of being met and following a large sign - I will find our what my shifts are on Monday and hopefully I will meet up with you all ubbrollsmile

Delete

thelost
thelost

Posted:If everyone starts doing this, the entire poi meet's gonna end up AT the train station tongue

Delete

87wt2gxq7
87wt2gxq7

veteran
Total posts: 1502
Posted:black_rust - the fire ones are Sam, Mel and (towards the end) me.

My planes are AWFUL! I am a bad example to the kiddies. I hang my head in shame.

*resolves not to try any more tricks till I've sorted out my planes and timing*

frown

Delete

black_rust
Posted:Well if everyone arrives at roughly the same time, then we can walk in a big group and no-one will get lost or end up in libraries or anything hehe cool

Delete

thelost
thelost

Posted:phear the libraries tongue

and er, 87wt2gxq7? what was your first thought as you clattered polarity's LED poi together? biggrin
was it: 'oh my god, i just smashed a few hundred quid together'?

i read your intro thread and it might just be easier to type ctrl+v instead of trying to remember 87wt2gxq7 ubblol

Delete

black_rust
Posted:By the way, did anyone else who came to the last meet end up with a stomach bug.....? Because me, Mal and Ross all did and it sucked!! frown

Delete

thelost
thelost

Posted:I been ill since before I went to the meet, but with a cold, so i dunno...i didn't eat anything that entire day though...absolutely craving for bread just to stuff my stomach when i got home biggrin

Delete

87wt2gxq7
87wt2gxq7

veteran
Total posts: 1502
Posted:Written by: thelost_seraph

and er, 87wt2gxq7? what was your first thought as you clattered polarity's LED poi together? biggrin
was it: 'oh my god, i just smashed a few hundred quid together'?

No, it was more 'I just clunked someone's time and effort and care together', followed by 'well dammit, they're poi, what do you expect'. But I still gave them back pretty sharpish afterwards.

Written by: thelost_seraph
i read your intro thread and it might just be easier to type ctrl+v instead of trying to remember 87wt2gxq7 ubblol

well the point behind the pronounciation is that it signifies cutting and pasting as the act of "writing" my username. But this whole experiment is going a bit haywire so whatever and ever a-meh-n.

Delete

zaneththegreat
zaneththegreat

Posted:lol hahahahahahahahahahahaha you all suck with your illnesses and again i triumph in not getting ill lol i am good at that ( well every one has to be good at somethin) biggrin neway see you all at the train station then we'll all have a good spin meet there lol
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Delete

thelost
thelost

Posted:87wt2gxq7? I'll just stick to Jon from now on biggrin

Delete

polarity
polarity

veteran
Posted:That could get uncomfortable after a while wink

Delete

lemminglady
Total posts: 63
Posted:Wahoo! my LED POI ARRIVED!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ouch! they hurt... I think I should stick to the pink ones till I get better at this milarky...

Hopefully I'll drag a couple more people with me this time (i've just found out one of my best mates has a secret diablo fetish)

Also If anyone needs a lift from coventry (or that direction) I don't mind picking people up ... just pm me

I'd love to stay here and be normal....

Delete

thelost
thelost

Posted:Written by: polarity

That could get uncomfortable after a while wink

Remind me to REALLY think sentences through before I post again so don't get taken to pieces by readers biggrin

Lemminglady? which LED poi are they? Starburst ones? because they have the harder plastic shell... i think. or they single colour ones?
The Alternators you get from oddballs.co.uk or something are silicone so they don't hurt...as much

P.S. STILL revising for a law exam tomorrow ubblol

Delete

Page: 1...56789...22