Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Where's summer gone?!! ..Nuneaton Midland meet ups

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
GothFrogetteBRONZE Member
grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
If you are already here then you know what spinny fun can be had (even if it is slacky at the moment) and if your in the area or fancy coming to one of the meets then this is the thread for you. We are a friendly bunch of 'spinners' who love to meet up for spinny goodness biggrin

If your just passing through our little town and fancy meeting up just PM me and i will see what we can do.

this is where we spin

GATHERINGS

Next one is 13th-14th september wink........

Main Meets are the second weekend of every month (usualy)

ROLL ON THE SUN!! . Well there is nothing i can do about the cold or the wet or the wind so its meets at mine smile which is rather fun and we have a nice piece of park land less than 5 minutes from my house,(we can go to riv too as that is the main park in town and only 20 minutes from my house)the park near my house it also rather good for a bit of power kiting if the wind is good enough and not too gusty.This is very handy if it is a bit of a dodge weather day as if the sun comes out its easy to quickley pop out.As for near by shops,i live just up the road from our local green which does have shops a bargain booze, takeaways etc.

HOPpers in town

Gothfrogette

Poirate pegleg

rita queen of cheese

devilsarmy

PHYSCOPATH

LAdrenalin

Satsa

Libby_Tuesday.... now living in rugby

meep

black_rust

Pen Draven.. i stole him from London

SDLW.. Mwahahaha i stole her from Bristol

PK

Pilchard (not on Hop but went to play)

Lucy.. at UNI.. we miss her

Nichola..

Gooooooooodie ? on spelling that right "

the plan usualy goes like this... wink

First day around 12pm till when ever you have to go firey fun around 8-9 - Sunday meet at mine 1pm (unless you have stopped over) same as above but with firey fun around 9

If i have enough wood then there is a fire out the back so we can sit around and keep warm.My house is a non smoking house because of the kids although that is another reason why we sit outside as i do not mind smoking in the garden. Also feel free to bring food and drink too, you are more than welcome to use my cooker and the general rule is.. use it clean it smile

Both the park and my house are not far from the train or bus staion

PM me if you need any more information or if you wish to be added to the HOPpers in town list

biggrin hug

https://groups.myspace.com/Nuneaton39circusfreaks39

https://groups.myspace.com/Nuneatonjugglingclub

Life's too short to worry about where you put your marshmallows

grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
Righty then the 10th it is..... goes off and changes info

zaneththegreatnewbie
14 posts

Posted:
okies ill be there then and ill come meet kitey if she tells me when she will arrive
biggrin hugto all
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

speak again and i shall see to it that your life becomes suddenly short and painfull

thelostSILVER Member
mmm...i feel all warm and fuzzy... 'no dude, that's your hair on fire'
355 posts

Posted:
Written by: kitey

and are there directions available as I am a bit directionally challenged!?

here here tongue

I been there once and I've already forgotten my way there ubblol

I managed to get near ish by accident and asked the nice librarians just on the edge of town centre shops...that reminds me...that's the first time I've ever spoken to a librarian...

It's better to burn out than to fade away

polaritySILVER Member
veteran
1,228 posts

Posted:
Just head into the town center from the bus or train station, then head south till you get to the ringroad. There are maps of the town center about the place that show as far out as the ringroad (called Roanne Ringway) then you follow Coton Road south which is a dual carriageway with barriers down the middle. At the first level crossing head into the park on the east side of the road. Head into the park a little and the bandstand should be visible to your right.

You aren't thinking or really existing unless you're willing to risk even your own sanity in the judgment of your existence.

Green peppers, lime pickle and whole-grain mustard = best sandwich filling.

zaneththegreatnewbie
14 posts

Posted:
see polarity has his head scewed on and its even multicoloured:D biggrin

speak again and i shall see to it that your life becomes suddenly short and painfull

polaritySILVER Member
veteran
1,228 posts

Posted:
Yeah, but I only know that because I got totally lost and then started to pay attention to where I was going (the town maps are a bit screwy, and the sun kept vanishing behind clouds, so I didn't know which way was south).

Pictures of the nightime spinning are at https://nautilus.homeunix.org/gallery/
(Made the mistake of eating candy just after I arrived, and felt too wrecked to take pictures or spin properly in the park).

You aren't thinking or really existing unless you're willing to risk even your own sanity in the judgment of your existence.

thelostSILVER Member
355 posts

Posted:
Jeez, Polarity, your LED poi's are insane ubblol

Awesome, but still a tad too steep to get a set made tongue

Great shots by the way, I need to learn how to achieve effects like that

polaritySILVER Member
veteran
1,228 posts

Posted:
There are plenty of threads on photographing poi, but for starters you can't do much with a cheap digital camera, you need manual control of things like the aperture and shutter speed, so you can get the lighting and the length of the trails right.

thelostSILVER Member
355 posts

Posted:
The only problem is, I don't know what kind of price range the manual adjustments come into play with digital cameras, so I don't know how much I'm looking to spend for a half decent one.

Ah well, off to take an exam re-sit ubbcrying wish me luck...

black_rustnewbie
9 posts

Posted:
Did anyone have any pictures of me fire spinning?
Its hard to make out who's who on those pictures, but im guessin the fire spinners are Mal and John....?
devil
I think on the 10th I'll be at the train station with a sign saying 'HOPers this way' about 2, so no-one gets lost

welcome ubbrollsmile

Posted:
hehehehehehehe, that sounds like a great idea.
so much good spinning time is lost, by trying to find the park biggrin

thelostSILVER Member
355 posts

Posted:
Woohoo! a guide!

i read back to another post you made...you have ginger roots? tongue

People probably mostly didn't notice until you said and now ripping begins? biggrin

black_rustnewbie
9 posts

Posted:
Well they should be dyed by the 10th haha!! ubblol

kiteynewbie
16 posts

Posted:
[
I think on the 10th I'll be at the train station with a sign saying 'HOPers this way' about 2, so no-one gets lost

welcome ubbrollsmile

I like the idea of being met and following a large sign - I will find our what my shifts are on Monday and hopefully I will meet up with you all ubbrollsmile

thelostSILVER Member
355 posts

Posted:
If everyone starts doing this, the entire poi meet's gonna end up AT the train station tongue

black_rustnewbie
9 posts

Posted:
Well if everyone arrives at roughly the same time, then we can walk in a big group and no-one will get lost or end up in libraries or anything hehe cool

thelostSILVER Member
355 posts

Posted:
phear the libraries tongue

and er, 87wt2gxq7? what was your first thought as you clattered polarity's LED poi together? biggrin
was it: 'oh my god, i just smashed a few hundred quid together'?

i read your intro thread and it might just be easier to type ctrl+v instead of trying to remember 87wt2gxq7 ubblol

black_rustnewbie
9 posts

Posted:
By the way, did anyone else who came to the last meet end up with a stomach bug.....? Because me, Mal and Ross all did and it sucked!! frown

thelostSILVER Member
355 posts

Posted:
I been ill since before I went to the meet, but with a cold, so i dunno...i didn't eat anything that entire day though...absolutely craving for bread just to stuff my stomach when i got home biggrin

zaneththegreatnewbie
14 posts

Posted:
lol hahahahahahahahahahahaha you all suck with your illnesses and again i triumph in not getting ill lol i am good at that ( well every one has to be good at somethin) biggrin neway see you all at the train station then we'll all have a good spin meet there lol
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

thelostSILVER Member
355 posts

Posted:
87wt2gxq7? I'll just stick to Jon from now on biggrin

polaritySILVER Member
veteran
1,228 posts

Posted:
That could get uncomfortable after a while wink

lemmingladyGOLD Member
63 posts

Posted:
Wahoo! my LED POI ARRIVED!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ouch! they hurt... I think I should stick to the pink ones till I get better at this milarky...

Hopefully I'll drag a couple more people with me this time (i've just found out one of my best mates has a secret diablo fetish)

Also If anyone needs a lift from coventry (or that direction) I don't mind picking people up ... just pm me

I'd love to stay here and be normal....

thelostSILVER Member
355 posts

Posted:
Written by: polarity

That could get uncomfortable after a while wink

Remind me to REALLY think sentences through before I post again so don't get taken to pieces by readers biggrin

Lemminglady? which LED poi are they? Starburst ones? because they have the harder plastic shell... i think. or they single colour ones?
The Alternators you get from oddballs.co.uk or something are silicone so they don't hurt...as much

P.S. STILL revising for a law exam tomorrow ubblol

grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
*Important*

could all those arriving by train/public transport PM me with times etc that they are arriving so someone can meet you if need be. there is no realy point a whole whord of us coming to meet you, its just rather silly..... hug

thelostSILVER Member
355 posts

Posted:
Awww but i was looking forward to the horde tongue

Probably will be around 2pm again cos i need time to wake up...getting up at 12 is reasonable i guess... biggrin

lemmingladyGOLD Member
63 posts

Posted:
They are just single colour cheap LED ones.. so they feel like a bean bag (with a brick hidden inside)
I've spent the whole of tonight playing with them aka scaring cov locals as they drunkenly walk past the canal basin
Good luck with the exam!
See everyone soon hug

I'd love to stay here and be normal....

thelostSILVER Member
355 posts

Posted:
Bit late there for my last exam, but thanks anyway...preparing for my next one today (at 9:30)...on a SATURDAY?!

oh the humanity!!!

Satsamember
45 posts

Posted:
Ha-haaa, i now have a new job which means i no longer work saturdays...
so, is the meet at the bandstand again?
If yes doe's anyone have an idea of what time?
Promise to be less shy and more chatty this time
ubbangel

thelostSILVER Member
355 posts

Posted:
I think it's going to be kinda like last time and be around 2pm?

I gotta take a train so I have to leave home a little earlier.

Bit off the subject but I had a pretty productive past week and learnt a trick i saw off glowsticking.com called the spiral. I kinda modified another trick which was meant to be a hyperloop and made it into a kind of stall/turn. Can do the btb reverse 3bt weave now (even though i keep bruising my calves) and i think i nailed the reverse 5bt weave. Also been working on a load of different wraps...been learning how to swing too...still useless at isolations though frown

Still waiting for my poi delivery...any day now...

[edit] Well...they've arrived and they hurt like hell tongue Will definitely bring to the meet. Going home for a few days so won't be online (home doesn't have the internet eek)

See ya guys there biggrin
EDITED_BY: thelost_seraph (1125915194)

Page: ......