Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Where's summer gone?!! ..Nuneaton Midland meet ups

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
GothFrogetteBRONZE Member
grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
If you are already here then you know what spinny fun can be had (even if it is slacky at the moment) and if your in the area or fancy coming to one of the meets then this is the thread for you. We are a friendly bunch of 'spinners' who love to meet up for spinny goodness biggrin

If your just passing through our little town and fancy meeting up just PM me and i will see what we can do.

this is where we spin

GATHERINGS

Next one is 13th-14th september wink........

Main Meets are the second weekend of every month (usualy)

ROLL ON THE SUN!! . Well there is nothing i can do about the cold or the wet or the wind so its meets at mine smile which is rather fun and we have a nice piece of park land less than 5 minutes from my house,(we can go to riv too as that is the main park in town and only 20 minutes from my house)the park near my house it also rather good for a bit of power kiting if the wind is good enough and not too gusty.This is very handy if it is a bit of a dodge weather day as if the sun comes out its easy to quickley pop out.As for near by shops,i live just up the road from our local green which does have shops a bargain booze, takeaways etc.

HOPpers in town

Gothfrogette

Poirate pegleg

rita queen of cheese

devilsarmy

PHYSCOPATH

LAdrenalin

Satsa

Libby_Tuesday.... now living in rugby

meep

black_rust

Pen Draven.. i stole him from London

SDLW.. Mwahahaha i stole her from Bristol

PK

Pilchard (not on Hop but went to play)

Lucy.. at UNI.. we miss her

Nichola..

Gooooooooodie ? on spelling that right "

the plan usualy goes like this... wink

First day around 12pm till when ever you have to go firey fun around 8-9 - Sunday meet at mine 1pm (unless you have stopped over) same as above but with firey fun around 9

If i have enough wood then there is a fire out the back so we can sit around and keep warm.My house is a non smoking house because of the kids although that is another reason why we sit outside as i do not mind smoking in the garden. Also feel free to bring food and drink too, you are more than welcome to use my cooker and the general rule is.. use it clean it smile

Both the park and my house are not far from the train or bus staion

PM me if you need any more information or if you wish to be added to the HOPpers in town list

biggrin hug

https://groups.myspace.com/Nuneaton39circusfreaks39

https://groups.myspace.com/Nuneatonjugglingclub

Life's too short to worry about where you put your marshmallows

grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
right info for tomorrow.
i'll be in the park from about 12-1. then to mine for food before going out to crew and park for a bit of night time spinning.

if you can make it tonight meet at nuneaton Library at about 6;30 - 7.

here is hoping to people and no rain hug

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
awwwwwwwwwww hug hte no-rain thing isn't looking great my love! Spinners are lame - they always mean to do stuff but being naturally slack and busy and poor it's bloody hard trying to get anything started. I feel crap for not being able to come hug

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
sorry sweetie we cant make it tomorrow...

sorry

Step (el-nombrie)

Narr(*) (*) .. for the gnor ;)
2,568 posts

Posted:
im sorry too hug thank you for the invite though and we shall bring crackers for your parrot next time kiss

she who sees from up high smiles

Patrick badger king: *they better hope there's never a jihad on stupidity*

grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
hug to peeps who can't come. i will be under the band stand in riversley park no matter what the weather. at around 12-1 but if peeps get in nuneaton sooner let me know and i can come and meet. the park isn't far at all from the bus or train station. hopefuly see peeps later
hug

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
Cheers for organising, twas fun smile

The weather looked a bit dodgey at times, but the bandstand did its job admirably.

Cheaper than going to clapham on a weekend from the midlands, we should do it again some time, and the slackers should come too tongue

grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
and the kids were nice too, hehehe. it was a great day and pts a shame you couldn't stay late, hehe we went out and has a good bloody night and when we went to sleep the sun was coming up and the birds were singing. hehe *Yawns* biggrin

and yes more non slackery type action is needed
biggrin

grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
well a few things
1 my phone is about ready to be put on incoming things only, so if i don't text back you know its not cause i am dead, or pissed off with you.
2 what is left of my phone is annoying as i have lost the use of my number 2 key which also means letters a b and c frown so if i do text you and it makes no sense i'm sorry but i am doing the best i can.
3 the meet went great biggrin

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
ello miss... sorry i couldn't make it either, i was in cornwall last week! hope you had fun... smile

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

Satsamember
45 posts

Posted:
sorry couldn't make it too
Feel especially slack considering i live in nuneaton, however was stuck at work frown
Promise i'll try harder to make it to the next localish meet

grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
thats ok i knew you were working, although More girls will not go unmissed, although being the only girl for most of the time could have its pluss points, but it wasn't that kind of meet. eek biggrin ubblol

hug hug

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
i don't mind arriving and leaving a little later next time if people have work in the afternoon. The buses back to Chaventry run till almost 11pm, and if someone's driving from that direction and can give me a lift then provided I have no other plans any time over the weekend's good smile

grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
well at least we now know what time the busses run. lol

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
yea. The bus stop is right by the park too, but because it doesn't have any numbers on the sign (that'd just be too useful) I ended up walking into town again, missing one and waiting 20 minutes for the next. Ho humm, such is the fun of public transport

grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
oh you city folk make me laugh. of cause there are no numbers on the stop, lolololol hug hug hug hug although its nice that you only had to wait 20 min. if i miss the bus to my house i walk as i can't wait for roughly 2 hours for the next one. lol

grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
its my birthday in a couple of weeks and will be in the park spinning on the 16th july and going out in the evening. if your round feel free to pop by. i just thought i would let peeps know.

Sir_Sheepold hand
725 posts

Posted:
Sorry Miss Frogette, myself and the flidster shall be holidaying in Lyme Regis that weekend.

Many happy birthday thoughts to you though smile

Do we have any other plans for more meets in the pipeline?

Spoiling Christmas for small children since 2003.

grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
i have been thinking but have put it off till after falmouth thoughts lol

thankies for bafrday wishes... shall have a spin for you if you have fun on your hols for me too hug

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Whens folks free for spinnage? I need to come see Ms Sheep soon to collect me chemicals *mwah ha har....rubs hands* and of course spend some time with the lovely Midlands folks playing and eating things off of Froggy's spikey piircings biggrin

Let's relight this forum ubblove

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
We could do it in Cov if you're coming to Cov anyway. Dunno where to spin without being attacked by chavs thou smile

grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
well i am playing in the park this sat, cause well its fun and no chav attacks of the bad kind anyway.

am still getting over falmouth lololol errrrr i was thinking of having some pees over when my OH is in amsterdam in august but am tryig to find out the date and making sure it doesn't run with other stuff, so its going to be blooming hard.

but i want to play with dunc and others again.

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
I'm free this weekend, though i do need to geek out for at least part of it as I have cunning plans for one of my linux boxes ubblove

The benefit of Dunc picking up things from ours first is we can scab a lift smile

grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
yeay well what ever time is good for you guys i'm free

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
CHAV'S?! Attack you when you have fire confused I think you need to start looking a bit meaner when you spin wink

Written by: Flid

.....i do need to geek out for at least part of it as I have cunning plans for one of my linux boxes

Sounds thrilling! Are you turning it into something spinnable?!
I'm happy to come pick you guys up from Cov and then drive up to Brum but you'll have to make your own way back. That sound ok?

Frwoggy honey, you can play with me anytime! So when shall we have this meeting of the masses? I'm thinking Saturday 6th if you're all free? Shall we see if any Nottingham lot want to come down too?

lauz the caterpillagoddess of all things slimey and an interchangeable insect!
2,443 posts

Posted:
i'm from notts and can get there easily enough and can beg other notts hoppers to come!!!

Shhhhhh! the boobies are trying to sleep.
owner and the property of noddy.
*i was a caterpilla last night wink* - libby_tuesday

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
sounds good. 6th I'm free i think, would have to check with ms sheep tonight

are we making this a birmingham thing now or nuneaton?

2,443 posts

Posted:
so when is it exactly?
as i'm in sussex soon lol dont want to miss it.

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
sussex ain't bad, all things considered i'd rather be spinning on brighton beach in august than nuneaton (although nuneaton is my second choice umm smile)

2,443 posts

Posted:
cool.if i cant make it this time if theres another one i want to know about it smile

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
ooh dunno, I thought lots of folks were in Brum....erm....I'm easy you decide where you want me. Is brum closer to Notts that Nuneaton?

Date will definately be 6th August Lauz smile

Page: ...