RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
I've been a bit bored, and have been fooling around with Google . I tried my name, and got to the first 500 without seeing 'me' me.

I am however, apparently, a real estate agent, a blues singer, a personal trainer, a women's soccer player, and several dead people.

Anyway. In the spirit of getting to know everyone, here's a little activity for ya. As you know, Google's 'I'm Feeling Lucky' button takes the searcher to the first page resulting from the search.

Feel free to share the search string which Google's 'I'm Feeling Lucky" takes directly to -you- (a page created by you at some point, or a page with somebody referencing you). Of course, it'd be way too easy to do:

ry home of poi

..because that would take us all back here, wouldn't it? Tell us something we don't know!

Tips, try working backwards. Google yourself normally til you find something you know you're in (e.g. your name, a hobby, a username, or a combination). When you find yourself as an entry, not necessarily the first, try to refine the search string by adding a word that your page has that the first page doesn't. All just a bit of trial and error.

Of course, it may be a bit harder if you're a John Smith or Jane Doe who likes cars, stamps and eBay- than if you're the only Pointdexter Bartholomew in the world who chairs the Purple Horseshoe Throwing Association of Bolivia. See how you go.

We'll start with the next post. biggrin

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
heygoose cross

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
OK Ry.. here goes....

https://apology.west.net.au/index13.html

but if I do a 'proper' search:

https://www.spraci.com/news/articles/489.html

ubbrollsmile

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
Neat gabe! Was after the Google 'I'm feeling lucky' search string though! spank

.:star:.SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,785 posts

Posted:
apparently i came 3rd in the rhythm section of the Badger Ballroom Dance Team!

https://ballroo2.rso.wisc.edu/compresults/mnstar_results_99.html

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
Hey Ry, Ouch Ouch!!! So much thwacking!!!

Chill pup! The first one I posted WAS the 'I'm feeling lucky" option... and it IS me!! I rate on Google!!!!

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
Sorry. My own fault for being so vague. frown

I'm curious to find out what people type before hitting 'I'm Feeling Lucky' in order to arrive at any page of them. Just think! Another stream of words to represent us other than the usual..

Just me being odd again. Don't mind me..