linden rathenGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,942 posts

Posted:
ok before i get yelled at to do a search i did - nothing the closest was about knuckle cracking :P

secondly i know this is a bit of a negative thread for the social chatty zone but i thought it wasnt quite high brow enough for discussion :P

Anyway, been having a really bad day to day and released the one thing i hate above all else is the feeling that the people you count as friends dont actually like you. i know this is probably due to being tierd and irratable (5 hours staring at a video screen and listening to perfect day) as well as mild paranoia

was just curious what other people thought? anything you think is worse? anything you find similar?

oh one last thing - whats the most annoying thing you find here? :P personally its reading "do a search" in every other thread - i dont know about the posters but before i post i do search and so often find nothing :P so maybe an article on seach tips - certainly for the moves section would be useful

anyway im off to blow something up or spin before my bad mood makes me do something ill regret

back

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
hmmmmmm
[Old link]
[Old link]

That only took 2 mins. biggrin

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
there was one of these posted by sparkey about three weeks ago.... search harder wink

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

linden rathenGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,942 posts

Posted:
*mutters and sighs*

out of interest how many pages in to the search were they?
unfortunatly i tend to get bored after the first 3 pages

anyway i needed to rant so meh :P

back

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
thank you skully!

*bows down to searchy goodness*

Written by:

oh one last thing - whats the most annoying thing you find here? :P personally its reading "do a search" in every other thread - i dont know about the posters but before i post i do search and so often find nothing :P so maybe an article on seach tips - certainly for the moves section would be useful

unfortunalty the amount of threads that are repeated is huge and it gets to the point that people just roll their eyes because it has been done so many times before!! Plus its just a waste of the bandwidth etc if there is already an existing thread.

here are some search tips

*One of the key benefits of the discussion board format is that it enables commonly asked questions to be answered once, for the benefit of all. Before posting your question, it is always worth checking to see if it has already been asked - and answered! You can do this via the Search link on the Menubar. Various options are available, both for how the search term is specified and for controlling how much of the Forums database you want to search. This is where the specificity of thread subjects is important, making it much easier to locate precisely what it is you're after from a list of search results.*

* try to narrow down the search by cutting out various options (such as different forums etc) To clarify- if you search all the forums you have more opportunity of finding a huge amount of info, but if you are asking a technical questions like what kind of poi moves to do it would be more helpful to search poi moves.*

and just to play devils advocate, I found these tips by doing a search. ubblol ubblol

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

JauntyJamesSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,533 posts

Posted:
I know what you mean, I tend to be reliable about doing searches before posting, but sometimes you slip up. But what's really anoying is when you are trying to research info about a topic that's brought up frequently, 4 out of 5 threads all that's there is "do a durbs, please!"

-James

"How do you know if you're happy or sad without a mask? Or angry? Or ready for dessert?"

bing!BRONZE Member
i beat my inner child
184 posts

Posted:
"do a durbs, please!"
whats that mean?

--the spark what lit the flame which started the fire that burned forever--

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Written by: linden_rathen

*mutters and sighs*

out of interest how many pages in to the search were they?
unfortunatly i tend to get bored after the first 3 pages

anyway i needed to rant so meh :P

That would depend on what words you search with.

I knew there was one by Durbs so I put his name in on the search and it just picked them both up. One on page one and I forget how many pages the other one was down by but there was a link to it in the first one I found anyway.

Its always easier to find a thread if you know it existed in the first place because you have memories of whats in it so you can use that to aid your search. I wasn't trying to have a go or yell 'do a search' at you. I just thought I'd try and find them to be helpful. Sorry if I offended you.

Sometimes people that have been here a while forget that newer people have no memories of whats in these threads that would help them find them in a search. hug

The search function gives best results the fewer words you use as long as you manage to find the key word. The more words you put in for it to search for the more results you will have to trawl through.

I have to admit that when peole just type "do a search" it does make me grind my teeth a little because its so blunt and a bit harsh, hence I do a small search and post up links if I can.

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

BumfroIts a bum with an afro...
223 posts

Posted:
You're Poop Ron! You're poop! With you're poop mouth, you open your mouth and poop comes out!

Racism is a weapon of mass destruction

linden rathenGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,942 posts

Posted:
lmao ill start by apologizing for this post in general
i was in an incredibly bad mood yesterday (way too much time editing with egotistical people)

thanks for the tips smile hug

and skully - don't worry that was the bad mood talking :P hug

out of interest HOW do you adjust the search settings :P i would love to be able to (i really should learn all about the silly symbols you can use redface )

also perhaps it would be possible to add more forum links to the glossary? - a while ago i wanted info on doing the buzzsaw and no matter what i searched for i always ended up with things like "hyperloop buzzsaw isolations with a double ear wrap and monkey dance" or just a link to the glossary which didn't really tell me anything :P so maybe some more links on REALLY basic moves - there are a lot of good ones for hyperloops but less for the others :P

back

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
adding " at the beggining and end of the phrase searches for that exact phrase, rather than just the words on their own..

for example: if you type neck roll staff, you'll get a list of posts with the words neck, roll and staff; but if you use "neck roll" staff for example, you'll get a list of posts with the words neck roll and staff.

shrug im sure there are others, but thats all i do most of the time.

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
okayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy , well this is'nt exactly a pet hate but.................. i owe someone £40 (i owed about £150 to this person), and as i'm on the dole i paid what i could when i could. i think thats fair enough, but every now and then i get a snotty text saying i need the rest of the money you owe me as i over spent on a weekend out...............i just found out my dole has been stopped and i won't get any money untill my applications procesed. now i have the £40 and i'm willing to pay but this snotty attitude and intent demands bug me........what if i didn't have the £40?

i've asked this person what if i didn't have their money so they couldn't go out partying and all i got was verbal abuse...................... in all honesty i want to pay this beligerant person back as fast as possible so i can close that chapter of my life, but i'm getting torrents of abuse by text now. it's not like they will bring in the heavy's but their attitude stinks and this bugs me no end.

am i in the wrong confused

faith enfireBRONZE Member
wandering thru the woods of WI
3,556 posts

Posted:
what's a dole?

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
A way for people to sponge off the government -> wink <-

Its basically job seekers allowance. The government gives you money to help you live when you are looking for work.

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Called 'Welfare' in America...

wink

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.