Page:
KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Next bank holiday Monday is the Kingston Green Fair

https://kingstongreenfair.org.uk/

Its also the day after my birthday so bring cake biggrin

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

Helz BellzSILVER Member
lovin' it...
2,444 posts

Posted:
ooooooohhhh.

I've never been to this - looks lovely. It made me laugh looking at the pics from last year and seeing knox all dolled up looking mighty fine in that outfit! Strike a pose wink and dimitri with his balls of magic ubblol

if i do come, i will defo bring cake....and maybe special cake at that wink

hug

Live well, love much, laugh often...

Official O.B.E.S.E. cheerleader

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
my folks live about 15 mins from this an yet i miss it every year... doesn't look like changing either unfortunately... frown

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
i haven't been since 2000, which is a tad silly. It is nice if the weather's good, although I've always begrudged paying for a festival which could survive off the stalls (ie Ambient Picnic)

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
£5 is not exactly expensive though, only £3 if you are a student. There are squat parties which charge more in 'donations' that that!

Oooh special cake Helen, interesting! Think we shall be bringing a flask of chai with us too : ) Yum, yum!

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

Hubert_CumberdaleSILVER Member
[psylocibin fingerbobe].
479 posts

Posted:
I've been looking forward to this for ages.

I've got a party happening on the Sunday but I'll be there.. a bit bleary eyed and fuzzy no doubt, but I'll be there smile

devkevSILVER Member
discoverer of phat and poigling
292 posts

Posted:
i would normally go but trying bungy instead...

kingston has been great though if you wana try it...

its all about the fun fun fun fun and more fun...

Danniestranger
17 posts

Posted:
I'll be there!! smile

Had a lovely time last year, even though I went alone. Met some cool people, the atmosphere was great, the sun was shining, and I got to do some poi to some fabulous music - all in all a bloody good day out!! So, definitely come along if you can!

Maybe see some of you there.....

Dannie smile

"don't dream it, be it...."

T&BBRONZE Member
Me
607 posts

Posted:
Dub your crap how can you miss the green fair every year rolleyes

I should be down there i reckon or possible up there if i bring my newly made silts

Maybe I should change this too something abit nicer, humm no I still think your all Ccensoredt

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
biggrin

Completely forgot about this.

I'll be there, hopefully with lots of Guildforder's too smile

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

ParafinfairySILVER Member
old hand
845 posts

Posted:
Aw the fond memories... Steve and a bottle of vodka spring to mind!!!

Won't be there this time but Durbs be sure to have one of those lovely fajita(sp?) things, they're yummy!!!!!!!!! smile

Slicing the Loaf as we speak.

I need it..... Trust me!

The Tea FairySILVER Member
old hand
853 posts

Posted:
Oooh, sounds like fun! I might turn up with a couple of friends, not sure what I'm doing this weekend yet though. Always good to meet more poi people. biggrin

Idolized by Aurinoko

Take me disappearing through the smoke rings of my mind....

Bob Dylan

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
we'll be there

Sir_Sheepold hand
725 posts

Posted:
With new hair!

Spoiling Christmas for small children since 2003.

[psylocibin fingerbobe].
479 posts

Posted:
A write up from 2003:
https://www.lawrencespicturepage.co.uk/Festivals/kgf03-1.htm

polytheneveteran
1,359 posts

Posted:
Sir sheep and I are leaving soon, dragging an unwilling Flid with us! Sir sheep needs an opportunity to show off her shiny new dreads biggrin

See you there everybody ubbrollsmile

The optimist claims that we are living in the best of all possible worlds.
The pessimist fears this is true.

Always make time to play in the snow.

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
My photos are online here.

Turned out to be quite a nice day in the end, didn't get wet at all and ended up getting slightly sun burnt and using my umbrella as a sun shade!

Wasn't as good as I remember it, quite overcrowded and lots of dogs runing around which I'm sure weren't meant to be allowed in.

Written by: flid

although I've always begrudged paying for a festival which could survive off the stalls (ie Ambient Picnic)

well i found out yesterday that this year's picnic is going to be advanced ticket sales only at a fiver a go. Most of the original organisers have quit from the management commitee and since going (in my view) downhill over the past few years (alcohol started being sold, the vegetarian only catering rule went, they dropped the word green from the title, stopped using as much renewable sources of energy over petrol generators ubbcrying) I'm not sure if i'll go this year

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
The sounds system was again rather crap this year but I got a nice space near the front of the world stage to sit and relax and all was good. There seemed to be more emphasis on saving the world than music this year also. Still it was a lovely chilled day out, people were in good spirits and we had sunshine so its all good.

- W B Yeats

[psylocibin fingerbobe].
479 posts

Posted:
You're right flid, AP is ticketed this year, they are saying that this is because all their kit was burnt down by an arsonist after last years event. I'll still go anyway though as last years was still a great day out.

Nice pics of yesterday by the way.

Roll on Strawberry Fair cool

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
Written by:

they are saying that this is because all their kit was burnt down by an arsonist after last years event

I didn't hear that, and I was still on site the following morning after camping out. I've stewarded it since 99 and been involved in the management commitee in the past before I went off to university. I understand why the festival needs better security etc, but it's a) sad to see a great day out organised by people with a real passion in their free time go the way of any other festival b) see it loose the key things that were good about it and made it different. At least kingston has retained it's green-ness

[psylocibin fingerbobe].
479 posts

Posted:
Here's the info about the arson attack after last years Ambient picnic:
https://www.ambientpicnic.primalvisions.co.uk/indexburningmain.html

Your gripe about festivals going downhill is probaly true of most events. They become successful... so local councils get tough with licencing, while big corps step in with logos and crap beer.

But life is tough and you have to roll with the punches mate. Hopefully new events with some soul will keep taking the place of ones that become rubbishy - otherwise we shall all have to stay at home and watch telly instead wink

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
my thoughts exactly smile

I was disappointed slightly to not see as many people as i thought i would at kingston yesterday that i know, but then i chatted to new people too, it all works out if you remain as open minded as you were when you started smile

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
as for the arson attack, which sucks big time (other than bits of electronics which just cost money to replace i know many of the people who've put a lot of time in over the years to create the artwork, props etc), that wasn't actually at the site at all. I'm not sure how changes to the way the festival is run on the day could really affect that.

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
It's that time again and I'm actually going to make it along for once! This year's green Fair is on Monday 29th May and Burnt Toast will be there doing workshops and generally hanging out. Liquid Records are running a chill out area as well which might get a snaeky bit of electonica of some kind going but should generally be all good.... biggrin ubbrollsmile

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
OOOH I'll be in London that day!
Wonder if I'll make it?!?!?!

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
Might see you folks there
Depends on how the street shows go in Brighton
Gabe - when are you arriving in the UK?

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
would be good to see you rob, when are you going to be in brighton? I'd like to see your street show...

gabe you should definately come too, it's not hard to get to and well worth it! biggrin

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Dub - Any chance of a lift off anyone?

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
it's a green fair, you're supposed to get the train...

just found out that 3 daft monkeys and pama international are playing.. bouncy folk and ska-tastic! can't wait...
biggrin bounce

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
 Written by: duballstar

it's a green fair, you're supposed to get the train...

ubblol
Rob, I will arrive Saturday 27th at night. Dave says folks can come to his place Sunday arvo..if they like.
I keep [Old link] pretty well updated...
Hugs!

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Lift sharing is good for the environment... wink

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

Page: