onewheeledweirdomember
35 posts

Posted:
hello freaky fire people...Have any of you tried busking with the fire..if so have you had any troubles with... audience, fire saftey, laws, a show that sucks..., other buskers or from owners of rediculously tall buildings whom own the footpath..

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
The best thing to do if the authorities come up to stop you is repeat everything they say loud enough so that the crowd can hear you and sympathize with you."What is that officer, you feel what I am doing is dangerous? Hello crowd, do you feel in danger?"You may lose anyway, but at least you have a little fun at the expense of the officers and it gives you a great chance for sympathy busking.

ALIBABAmember
52 posts

Posted:
as far as i am aware, the authorities in the uk can move you on but not arrest you.i was busking the other day with normal juggling clubs, trying to raise some parafin money to start with the fire stuff. the police walked past and sods law i dropped a club, one of the police officers said "just be careful" i wondered what she would have said if i had dropped a fire club or had the poi going?have done some stuff at street festivals where there has been no problem (apart from being a bit close to a christmas tree at one point and some rain)does anyone have any thoughts on busking in spain?

ALIBABACHICKENMANICANSEEYOURUNDERWEAR

crispyxmember
53 posts

Posted:
We're doing our first shot at Buskering next week. In order to do so we had to get a permit and show we had insurance. We were just doing rehearsels last summer when I lit up for the first time and go figure the cops came in ran us off in the middle of my spin. That's when we found out how to do it the legal way. Most of the time that's all that will happen is your told you can't do it, I've never heard of a person being fined for it.As far as audience you may want to double your spotters so someone can work crowd control, it amazing that people will walk right through a performance endangering everyone involved.

How is it ever possible to feel safe and secure in a world in which everyone dies?

Jeff Duncanmember
140 posts

Posted:
just get a peddlers licence and then cops cant do shit if you have a bucket of water!or just hit the cop and knock him out, steal his wallet and run away

onewheeledweirdomember
35 posts

Posted:
what format do your shows take? is it a visual experience with no conversing with the audience.. or do you talk a little or a lot? do you use music or a drummer ? how many performers? do you pull audience volunteers? do you ask for money or expect it? and how long do they run?

onewheeledweirdomember
35 posts

Posted:
what format do your shows take? is it a visual experience with no conversing with the audience.. or do you talk a little or a lot? do you use music or a drummer ? how many performers? do you pull audience volunteers? do you ask for money or expect it? and how long do they run?

gάrbǿaddict
521 posts
Location: Bristol / London / Norwich / Chennai, India (UK) (...

Posted:
Really good spots usually have unwritten laws. Buskers are usually quite terratorial. police usually just ask you to move on.Be carefull, if you injure someone on the streat then you can get in alot of shitpeace outgarbo tongue

be excellent to each other: safe:

TaiGuymember
127 posts

Posted:
what's busking?------------------"Happiness is not a destination, but a method for life"- Burton Hills

The reason communism doesn't work is because people like to own stuff

psychomonkeymember
148 posts

Posted:
Busking is street performing, usually for money. It is the reason I started poi , although I never actually made it onto the street. I got a "real" job.

One can only see what one observes, and one observes only things which are already in the mind.-Alphonse Bertillon

crispyxmember
53 posts

Posted:
Buskering is a bit more difficult than a booked show. You want to communicate a lot with the audience, draw them in and make them feel part of the show. I don't know if actually using them in the performance is a good idea, one little mistake and someone ends up hurt. You should ask for money at the end of a routine, but do it in a tactfull or humourus way. Not that I'm anywhere near an expert but there are quite a few street performers out here and these things seem to work well.

How is it ever possible to feel safe and secure in a world in which everyone dies?