Page:
KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
Well, I don't know when in July I'm going yet, but I intend to be running around england this July. I have a friend in York I will hopefully be staying with, and a variety of people like a Lolli and a Cantus and a Dom and a Durbs whom I really need to see (and Kali insists on me meeting Te Pooka particuarly Minero... you're blue cat now, right?)

Anyway- I want your suggestions where I should go, who I should stay with, what gatherings I should attend. I know I've been off the boards a bit lately, but I'm hoping there's still friendly people around willing to show me a good time. Lightning insists that there are.

So help me plan!

-Kyribug

5/15 *whistles* i know nothing about how tired i was when i typed this, but i have no idea why edinburgh was spelled that way, as I indeed noted in my later post *shifts eyes*

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
(and the scots men aren't so bad either wink )

beds i think finally organised.

rest not done as i'm an overworked cat.
suffice to say its on the 16th and 17th and you should plan to be there the day before and not leave til at least the monday.
if you want to travel from here to falmouth please let me know and i'll try to organise something. at the moment my minibus plan is working ok, but i'll have to confirm when back in edinbrugh(heading up north for a week)

xxR

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
I will be there until monday, then, and on monday (later in the day) i will remove myself to york for a few days to visit a friend... have to get from there to falmouth, of course I could meet a minibus somewhere if i'm out of the way. machesterians were also talking of a minibus, is this a different or the same one and if different which should i be goin' too from york?

also, does this mean I should get there the 15th, then? And leave the 18th? I can't find my calender.....

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
Hmm... eight days to go before i leave, people! I'm excited. But also nervous.... for one thing, my two very sweet london contacts seem to have abandoned me.... lemme know if you ever got my emails, guys smile

For another, My house is still a mess and I have to get it all cleaned up and packed and such, and its hot enough here to just roast everything instead.

Bluecat, I should likely have some info as to where I'm going to be going at some point smile I figure you'll be able to get ahold of me once I'm there, too, but I'd at least like a heads up before i leave smile

And, particuarly Falmouth people, be advised that I don't actually own a (useful) sleeping bag :/ so some improvisation may be necessary...

See everyone soon!!!

-K

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Looks like I'll get to hug the elusive Kyrian after all. YAY!

Though I am spending an awful lot of money to fly to the UK to be surrounded by Americans. Well, at least they smell better. wink

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
*Does a special Kyri dance*

Woot smile

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
Lol. How on earth is it that when we lived two hours from each other we never met, and now we're going to be meeting in England???!! NYC, we are weird. And yeah, I think we're up to what, four or five of us running around?

PS... liked my dance smile

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
Don't worry, We're still here
Dom says he mailed you with details
**Hugs**
Drew

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
He did smile I feel better now. I was starting to get scared I'd never mailed you people! Or it had been eaten by the government spy people or something.

I mailed back more info smile but I think i can physically get myself from the airport to your house eventually now cause I have information stuff smile

bounce

hug

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
hey kyri, can you please look
[Old link]
please.

(uberpoi-falmouth travel)

ta
x

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
I looked. smile And replied.

Now, I have a minor problem, so if someone sees dom point him here. My emails broken- well, actually my computer is, but its a long story. I sent my last emails from the library. Its a national holiday here... So.. Ima try to go over to someone's house tommorow and email, but if i can't/ etc... flight details:

American Airlines flight 99 departing ORD (Chicago O'Hare International) 9:10 AM Central Daylight Time (GMT -6) arrives London Heathrow 10:35PM GMT

I have one flight before that, if it screws up for some unknown reason I'll call from O'Hare. I can still receive emails, I just can't send them :/

Can't wait to see everyone! I'm almost done packing.

ubbrollsmile
hug

Kyri

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Cool.

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
Yay! Everything worked out even tho my computer is vaguely trying to kill me (It also shocks me if I put it on my lap). I still havn't carefully plotted all of my train trips... ok... I've mostly just been playing on the underground website cause it entertains me..... And fixing phone card, bank, etc, issues... But I'm mostly packed! Now I just need to put the bathroom sink in my backpack and I'll be all set biggrin

-dehydrated kyri

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
don't forget yer toenail clippers.

-Such a price the gods exact for song: to become what we sing
-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.
-When the center of the storm does not move, you are in its path.

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
and tweezors for your hand luggage!

*Thats one of my favourite Nurseries over there,*

Roman, Trippie Hippie,On the way back from Play Festival

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
Ah, everyone is trying to kill me, (or at least get me sent to guatanamo bay or some such) I get it now.

I think razors was the real reason I finally decided to check luggage tho.

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
really? mine was the swords, torches, and bullwhip biggrin
hate checking my bags tho!

-Such a price the gods exact for song: to become what we sing
-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.
-When the center of the storm does not move, you are in its path.

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
I'm too lazy to travel with fire stuff on airplanes now, and I don't know how to use swords, or own a whip which would fit in any suitcase I own or could reasonably borrow tongue

I'm actually not even bringing my chain poi because I don't want to lose them and I don't think they take kindly to carry on giant pieces of chain. Which is a shame, because they are my favourites smile - and everyone thinks they're too heavy and laughs at me, but its soooo good for my back and arms.

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Dont you need to change your location now? tongue

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
tongue

To all the londoners out there- who wants to help me get to heathrow the morning i leave? I basically am looking for somewhere to stay tuesday night the 26th, and help or a location convinient to bus or tube (if it runs early enough) to get to Heathrow before 6am on Weds 27th. Other than that, brixton/streatham is great, so are drew and dom (and their girls), and i can't wait to run into everyone!

Tommorow *hopefully* I'll go into central london and poke around

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

Page: