Page:
heyahoneyBRONZE Member
Redneck Woman
566 posts

Posted:
I don't know about anyone esle, but I become very attached to my pets. About two weeks ago, my 12 yr old lab C.C. died. Well, let me tell you what all happened. She had a stillborn puppy in my room, then she could not deliver the rest of the puppies when we took her to the vet, he told us that she could not survive surgery and that we were going to have to get her put down. We did not even know that she was pregnant. I totally freaked, but you know, I love that dog.
Now all of my friends are saying that I am spoiling all of my other pets since she has died. But I guess I kind of am because I feel bad that I didn't even know that she was pregnant because she was so fat that I couldn't even tell. But I just love my pets and I don't any thing like that to happen to another one of my pets.
Do yall think I am crazy?

Top Three Things I've Learn While Being A Mom
1. Baby poop comes in many colors.
2. Makes sure all dirty diapers are not accessable to my dog.
3. Burp rags are not big enough.

.:star:.SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,785 posts

Posted:
oh thats so sad.
I completely know how you feel, i have lots of pets and i hate it so much when any of them die, its like loosing a friend.

I had a house rabbit that behaved just like a dog! it used to welcome everyone that came to house, running up to them and trying to get their attention. he was the best pet ever and he died from a intestinal problem when he was only a year old, that was two years ago and i still miss him terribly

you are definately not crazy. I would hate to be without my dog. she's the best friend anyone could ever ask for. The unconditional love you get from a dog is something so special!

Be careful not to spoil your pets too much..its not always healthy (if you are spoiling them with food). Saying that i treat my dog all the time and i know i shouldn't!

hug hug

heyahoneyBRONZE Member
Redneck Woman
566 posts

Posted:
I dont spoil them with food, I mean yea, I do give Kennidy (my 7 month old rat terrior) at least 2 milk bones and 1 or 2 beggin strips a day but that is not going to hurt a dog soooooooooooooooo hyper. He also gets both dry and wet dog food, but that is just healthier for him.
I spoil them in a lot of ways though. I allow Kennidy to sleep in my bed, and he does driunk out of my drinks a whole lot. I let my iguana (Leo, s/he is only a few month old so I dont know if it is a girl or a boy yet) run all around the house, and my parakeets (Johnny and Tinkerbelle)aren't never in their cages. I do call Kennidy my little SnuggleWugllePuppyWuppy a whole lot though. I punish my animals either. I just cant so yea you could definately say I spoil them, but I just love them SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!

DixieGOLD Member
old hand
740 posts

Posted:
hug
Not to worry about your other pets. Just keep loving them. x

Important Notice.
Can be found elsewhere.

This signiture has malfunctioned and can currently display no information. This matter will be rectified shortly.

heyahoneyBRONZE Member
Redneck Woman
566 posts

Posted:
I do love them

DixieGOLD Member
old hand
740 posts

Posted:
I know, I didn't mean to imply otherwise.
You7 not at all crazy seeming.

Important Notice.
Can be found elsewhere.

This signiture has malfunctioned and can currently display no information. This matter will be rectified shortly.

Pooh-Bah
1,785 posts

Posted:
there's no harm in spoiling you pets with lots of love and attention!

you sound just like me! i never have a cup of tea without saving a bit for the dog and i couldn't sleep if she wasn't lying on the end of the bed. Right now she is lying along the back of the sofa with her head on my shoulder! My parrot hasn't been in his cage for years and he spends all his time pottering around the house, generally breaking stuff! I have 17 rats who are in massive (six foot tall!) cages, i often have two or three of them hiding in a hood or pocket or just sitting on my shoulder.

The only bad thing about so many pets is its a nightmare if you want to go on holiday....finshing someone to look after them all is not easy!

OrangeBoboSILVER Member
veteran
1,389 posts

Posted:
I've been away from home for 8 months, and one of the first things I started missing the most was my dog!!! I miss the sooooft fluffy whiteness of her fur, and plaing with her until my arms are scratched up (we play rough!) And I miss the way she smiles, and her eyes light up, the way she sleeps totally upside down legs sprawled out and belly wide in the open, and especially the way she literally quivers with excitement with her but planted to the ground willing to do anything for a TimBit when they are shown. (Don't like nearly loosing a finger when we give them to her though! ubblol)

She's a slightly-psycho, very loud, obnoxious, stupid, and *extremely* cute looking dog who I miss to bits! And I hope she hasnt forgotten me, and forgotten who I am when I come home! (She tends to attack strangers)

She looks like this . American Eskimo or Japanese Spitz (same breed)

ubbloveubbloveubblove

~ Bobo
EDITED_BY: OrangeBobo (1115841080)

wie weit, wie weit noch?
fragst mich, wo wir gewesen sind...
du fehlst hier

heyahoneyBRONZE Member
Redneck Woman
566 posts

Posted:
Kennidy loves to bite at my feet and take my socks off. He goes everywhere with me, he doesn't even like to swim, but if I go swimmin he lays on the dock and watches to make sure I dont drown (he learned that from C.C.)

Pooh-Bah
1,785 posts

Posted:
aww your dogsounds so sweeet!

i miss my dog that lives with my parents (i couldn't bring her with me when i moved out because i couldn't split her up from her mum) she's so sweet. Whenever i go over there she steals my socks or sometimes a top or something and takes it and hides it under her bed so she can keep a little bit of something that smells of me!

heyahoneyBRONZE Member
Redneck Woman
566 posts

Posted:
aww that sounds cute

Hubert_CumberdaleSILVER Member
[psylocibin fingerbobe].
479 posts

Posted:
Sorry to hear what happened and you're not 'crazy' in the slightest.

My sympathies are heading your way.

Fire_Eyesnewbie
12 posts

Posted:
Not at all crazy...A true loving spirit...
stay golden

Good Harvest and Good Hunting,
Fire-Eyes

*we will not remember the harmful words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends*
-martin luther king jr

heyahoneyBRONZE Member
Redneck Woman
566 posts

Posted:
thank you

ShuBRONZE Member
Retro Fyre Wizzard
538 posts

Posted:
You're not crazy...

the reason we have pets is for that extra companionship!

it's natural to feel sad when one of them dies, and it's natural to compensate by spoiling your other pets!

Regards hug

Shu
(Ice-E FyreStorm - Group Manager & Performer)

You know those people your parentals warned you about?... I'M ONE OF THEM! ubbloco
Yes, i do bite!!

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
The death of a pet is a horrible thing. You'll be alright eventually, I promise! smile

I had a Golden Retriver, she died when she was 6. She was on heat and a stray dog somehow got into our backyard and got to her....she was bleeding really heavily and she couldn't walk well. We took her to the vet and they were going to give her a historectomy or something in the afternoon but she died that lunch time. I remember it was October 11th 4 or 5 years ago. frown I was completely distraught. So I know how you feel...

We have a cat now (there's various photos of him in my gallery) and I was talking to my neighbours and apparently there is history of cats being poisoned a few years ago. And suspected beatings of cats. My neighbours said there were a few times when their cat had huge lumps around his head. The cat died recently.

We let Kiwi roam around....but now that they've told me this I can't help but worry a bit. At least we kind of have an idea of which house it is.

.All things are beautiful if we take the time to look.

heyahoneyBRONZE Member
Redneck Woman
566 posts

Posted:
aww that is sad. I used to have a cat named cat-dog, but being as they can kill your baby inside of you (from their litter boxes) I had to get rid of her. but she had 13 kittens the other day *smiles* any one want a kitten?

Ps. there is a picture my widdle kennidy baby on my gallery
EDITED_BY: heyahoney (1116265580)

Sakura_MoonHop's Kitten Jester.
1,803 posts

Posted:
Aww, hun, i'm sorry that happened hug
thats horrible...go on giving your other pets lots of cuddles!!!!!

.:Pink Exocutioner:.

I am Jack's Raging Bile Duct...

Loving you from the deepest part of my loins.

BlayzeSILVER Member
Doesn't play well with others...
187 posts

Posted:
*bump* (are you all proud, i did a search)
Okay, so I had to put my dog down on Saturday morning and I'm having a really hard time with it. He was 13.5 years old and in pain so I know it was the right thing to do, but I feel like a part of me is missing now.
I feel so guilty. There was no way to explain to him what was going on, or why.
And although we all stayed with him until it was over, it ripped my heart out to have to walk away afterwards.
I also feel guilty because we are getting a new puppy. We have been waiting for her for about 6 months, long before we knew we would have to put our other dog down, but now I feel like she's supposed to be a replacement. At times, I don't even want our new puppy because I don't ever want to have to go through this again.
...so sad...

ubbcrying

I smile because I have no idea what is going on...

BansheeCatBRONZE Member
veteran
1,247 posts

Posted:
hug hug hug hug2 hug2 hug2

"God *was* my co-pilot, but then we crashed, and I had to eat him..."

BlayzeSILVER Member
187 posts

Posted:
thanks! I needed that!

Pogo69SILVER Member
there's no charge for awesomeness... or attractiveness
3,764 posts

Posted:
hey blayze... hughughug

although it was a long time ago for me... when I had to have my 1st boxer, rasta, put down, I cried and cried and cried... and when the tears were all gone, I sulked... I couldnt even contemplate getting a new dog for a long time afterwards, but annie finally talked me into it. it was good therapy when balki (new boxer!!) came on the scene; we bonded really quickly and he was the star of his puppy class (which for a boxer is little short of miraculous). but it would never have worked so soon after the loss of rasta, so I can understand how you are feeling.

anyway... more hugs, cos they never go astray...

--pogo (pat) [forever and always]

The Tea FairySILVER Member
old hand
853 posts

Posted:
hug

'time heals all wounds', or so they say.

Take comfort in the fact that he went without pain, minimal suffering involved, surrounded by the people who loved him. I really do sympathise, my dog died in my arms about 2 years ago at home and I felt devastated for a while, it's like having a hole ripped into you. Now we have another dog and I love him to bits too. Your new dog will never be a replacement, it will have a different personality completely, so don't feel guilty about getting another dog. If you do feel it's just too soon, maybe talk to your family about postponing it for a bit?

Have some more hug

Idolized by Aurinoko

Take me disappearing through the smoke rings of my mind....

Bob Dylan

Bek66Future Mrs Pogo
4,728 posts

Posted:
Hey, hun. I've kinda been avoiding this 'cause I just lost my sweet Mama dog a couple of weeks ago myself...

She was almost 10 and was a big part of the family. On October 15th I had a large gathering of my friends at my place and Maedhb had lots of love and attention. Not even a minute after everyone left and I went to give her a pit-pat for being such a good girl, I noticed that she was aspirating blood.

My son and I took her to the vet and he said that is was very unlikely that he could save her...was probably a tumour in her lung, so we had to have her put down. I couldn't even say it. The vet had to say it for me...and I just nodded my head. *Am tearing up again now*

We brought her home afterwards and my son (18) buried her.

There is a concept of death in one of my favourite books of reaching 'The clearance at the end of the path.' We buried her at just the other side of the path across the dam of our pond so, she reached that clearing!!!

Many hugs to you!!!

"Absence is to love what wind is to fire...it extinguishes the small, enkindles the great."
--Comte Debussy-Rebutin

BlayzeSILVER Member
187 posts

Posted:
hug hug hug
Thank you all for the hugs & kind words! It has really helped!

fyre - so sorry to hear that you lost your dog as well! Your story has made me thankful that we were aware that his condition was getting worse, and so we knew about a week before we had to put him down. It gave us more time to say goodbye, although there is never enough time for that.

hug

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
*bump*

My turn. frown

My beautiful, lovely Goldie...a ball python I rescued many, many years ago passed on this weekend.

She had been asthmatic (the idiots who previously owned her blew pot smoke into her tank). Unfortunately, she fell ill recently with an intestinal parasite from a bad rat and needed extra heat to help rid her of it. I checked her lamps and heat mats at night. However, by morning the night heat had blown and she succumbed.

She was more than a pet.

She was also my dance/show partner.

We'd done countless shows together and she travelled with me to many reaches of the country.

Of all the reptiles I've had, she was by far my favorite ever.

It was devastating finding her there.....

So yeah...ubbcrying

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

faith enfireBRONZE Member
wandering thru the woods of WI
3,556 posts

Posted:
i'm sorry to hear about all your pets and costars...not knowing how old gus is, it is an immense fear that one day i will find him gone...
hug2

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

Bek66Future Mrs Pogo
4,728 posts

Posted:
Oh, Pele...I am so sorry...I saw the pic of her...she was so gorgeous!!!

Many hugs your way!!!

"Absence is to love what wind is to fire...it extinguishes the small, enkindles the great."
--Comte Debussy-Rebutin

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Thank you.

Yes she was. She was definately one of the most lovely BP's I have seen. She also had a *very* distinct personality that gave us many hours of enjoyment and comfort.

She was completely my baby, and you'll appreciate this fs, she was also very much "familiar".

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

Bek66Future Mrs Pogo
4,728 posts

Posted:
Absolutely!!! I have a sweet lil kitty (Jekyll) who is becoming very much that...we just seem to have a very special connection.
In fact he is sitting in my lap staring at me right at this very moment...
Either he thinks I'm awful funny looking or he loves me!!!...or maybe a little of both! biggrin

He's such a little ham!!!

And I'm sure you'll understand THIS...
None of my animals are considered to be pets...they are very much members of the family!

More hugs to you!

--Comte Debussy-Rebutin

loulou27SILVER Member
30 posts

Posted:
 Written by: fyrespirit

We buried her at just the other side of the path across the dam of our pond so, she reached that clearing!!!

So sad to hear about all your pets, my pet got realy sick a few months ago (poisioned confused) vet said she wouldnt pull through but she did smile
However my mate caf's dog Milo died two months later, she also burried him in the yard, few day's later her mum came out to find her other dog had dug it up, eek and from the soil came this little paw rapped in a sheet..... she almost took heart failure!

So beware if you want your pet to rest in peace make sure you pick a place were it wont be disturbed

Page: