Page:
PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
So, it has recently been brought to my attention by a couple people on seperate parts of the globe that each has run into people, most notably HoP members, who have called me a liar.

It seems that because I do not appear on the COL videos, or feel the need to tout my skills and prove myself to everyone, that people seem to not believe I do the stunts I say I do (not only with fire, but also with the other sideshow arts), and furthermore they feel the need to express these doubts to my friends. Despite the continental spacings, the internet has made it a small world and things do get around.

While I am very flattered that people seem to think that what I do in my life is somehow important to them, I am a bit put off that this has to come to me second hand, and that no one has been wo/man enough to come to me with this directly, since I am only a PM away.

In the end I write this because I am a member of the HoP team, and the credibility of HoP is important to me.

I assure you, I do not lie. If I am wrong I admit it. In rl I am not nearly the b!tch many people on here think I am. If I say I do or have done something, I have. I believe in living life to its fullest and so tend to have tried alot of things beyond the realm of most peoples normality. Many of these things I use in performance...especially those things associated with traditional american sideshow, of which I am a well respected member of that community as well.

If you *really* want proof you can find me in an upcoming episode of the television show "The Party Planner" on Discovery Channel, in the (currently in production) documentary "Ten-In-One" about the behind the scenes lives of sideshow performers (of which I am the only female performer to be featured), soon (after July) in another documentary about fire breathers, or in November in the book "Secrets of the Sideshow Arts" by Joe Nickell.

I also have a resume and referrences available.
Or you can attend my monthly shows in Rochester, NY at the Water Street Music Hall, join my mailing list for other future dates please feel free to drop by my classes/workshops.

In my world, you can call me alot of things and be right, but a "liar" isn't one of them. Just because you haven't seen it, doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

TA for your time.

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
Holly crap show's off danceing money to flash !.

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Written by: Kombi guy

The picys you showed of your performing work when visiting us here at HOP central in NZ Pele were awesome hug........your passion for what you do should inspire those around you, not create ugly rumours,as you are amazingly talented at what you do (Ive seen the photos.. remember)......... I believe I still have one of your drawings on my kitchen table from your visit here and a half eaten bag of M&Ms that Flash left in my car from taking you both cruizing around the country side.....Speaking of photos, will send ya some shortly of Mal, you & Flash....... wink Takin while you guys were visiting our little corner of the globe... ubbrollsmile

I look forward to the photo's, and promise next time I am there I will teach you some of the sideshow stuff (though we will have to build a bed of nails. Customs doesn't really like me transporting them).
Thanks for the support. I was shocked when I heard that crap ...shocked!
Enjoy the drawing, I left it there for you. hug
And if you think I am talented from photos, well, you ain't seen nothing yet. devil *giggle*

Flash Fire...that whole strippy thing explains your name now! I've been wondering about the Flash thing for years. If you need help with tassle work, you know who to ask.
Though I am quite sad I did not get to see any of this artistry frown
Next time!
(psst...btw, it's *Iggy* Toejam. He told me the dogs name in IM before I got there wink lol )

Thanks for taking the time to vouche for me, you two. It means alot to me. hug

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

Kombi guyBRONZE Member
HOP OM
225 posts

Posted:
Sideshow routines you say Pele.....Im in!!! smile
Except for maybe the brain flossing routine...That one kinda makes my tonsils twitch just thinking about it......

Hmmmmm once were coloured now white M&Ms Flash Fire you are to kind...Although I have to admit I dont dig the peanut ones, will throw them in the freezer for you to have next time your over this way ubblol Actually thinking about the state of my freezer maybe not such a good idea...They will go to my lawn mowers (The goats) & the cute little chick magnet puppy dog that I have is called Iggy Toejam...With your Aussi accent Im guessing it would be said Eeeeeeggy Toejam. tongue

Page: