Page:
PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
So, it has recently been brought to my attention by a couple people on seperate parts of the globe that each has run into people, most notably HoP members, who have called me a liar.

It seems that because I do not appear on the COL videos, or feel the need to tout my skills and prove myself to everyone, that people seem to not believe I do the stunts I say I do (not only with fire, but also with the other sideshow arts), and furthermore they feel the need to express these doubts to my friends. Despite the continental spacings, the internet has made it a small world and things do get around.

While I am very flattered that people seem to think that what I do in my life is somehow important to them, I am a bit put off that this has to come to me second hand, and that no one has been wo/man enough to come to me with this directly, since I am only a PM away.

In the end I write this because I am a member of the HoP team, and the credibility of HoP is important to me.

I assure you, I do not lie. If I am wrong I admit it. In rl I am not nearly the b!tch many people on here think I am. If I say I do or have done something, I have. I believe in living life to its fullest and so tend to have tried alot of things beyond the realm of most peoples normality. Many of these things I use in performance...especially those things associated with traditional american sideshow, of which I am a well respected member of that community as well.

If you *really* want proof you can find me in an upcoming episode of the television show "The Party Planner" on Discovery Channel, in the (currently in production) documentary "Ten-In-One" about the behind the scenes lives of sideshow performers (of which I am the only female performer to be featured), soon (after July) in another documentary about fire breathers, or in November in the book "Secrets of the Sideshow Arts" by Joe Nickell.

I also have a resume and referrences available.
Or you can attend my monthly shows in Rochester, NY at the Water Street Music Hall, join my mailing list for other future dates please feel free to drop by my classes/workshops.

In my world, you can call me alot of things and be right, but a "liar" isn't one of them. Just because you haven't seen it, doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

TA for your time.

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
hug
**hugs**
Drew

ShuBRONZE Member
Retro Fyre Wizzard
538 posts

Posted:
It sometimes sucks having tried out many many things!

People tend to put u into a sort of "my dad's better than your dad" catagory...

hug

Regards hug

Shu
(Ice-E FyreStorm - Group Manager & Performer)

You know those people your parentals warned you about?... I'M ONE OF THEM! ubbloco
Yes, i do bite!!

Dr_MollyPooh-Bah
2,354 posts

Posted:
hug
Sounds to me like your adventures are so incredibly varied and exciting that some people are incredulous or just plain jealous.

I'm really looking forward to seeing you perform one day in person smile

The Tea FairySILVER Member
old hand
853 posts

Posted:
hug Forum bitchiness sucks.

Whoever spread it about is probably just jealous honey, don't pay them any mind, they're idiots. I mean, I don't know you, but i've read heaps of your posts and I've never seen any reason to think that you might lie about stuff. hug

Idolized by Aurinoko

Take me disappearing through the smoke rings of my mind....

Bob Dylan

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
Im starting to think you dont exist at all and all the mods are just malcoms multiple personalities smile

but

just in case

hug

Love is the law.

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
hug for Pele.......

As for your theory Ado, cant be true as ive met Dom and he is Tall stunning and real wink

saying that, ive never met another mod so maybe, Dom is actually malcom and is the one with multiple personalities wink

ubblol

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

spiralxveteran
1,376 posts

Posted:
That's a pretty sad thing to be doing. Not only for the bitchiness, but just for being that obsessed with people on an internet forum they've never met.

Ignore the twats smile hug

"Moo," said the happy cow.

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
haven't heard any of it.

wouldn't take any notice of it if i had.

hug2

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
HoP people in many parts of the globe have said I'm actually a woman.

I do not beleive them either.

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
ubblol

Getting to the other side smile

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
pfffft that nothing Van. The Rumour is I'm a 75 year old truck driver called Norman.... This maybe all true thought..... I do look a bit like a 75 year old truck driver first thing in the morning!

[edit]

Written by: Unfortunatly Can Obtain Fruit

*I have an urgetn announcement*

Dug, Is really a 65 year old trucker called Norman. He told me so on MSN today.

Here is a picture it took me hours to find of him:

Non-Https Image Link

*WARNING WARNING WARNING*

oops I got it wrong I'm 65 ubblol
EDITED_BY: Skulduggery (1115811602)

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
ubblol again

hug

Getting to the other side smile

PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
ah mate - thats all a bit harsh smile

only those who are to some extent false waste energy looking for falsity in others...

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Written by: vanize

HoP people in many parts of the globe have said I'm actually a woman.

I do not believe them either.

Prove it.
devil

Thanks for the support. I want to say that it doesn't bother me personally. I don't give a crap what people think of me really. I'm me and I'm pretty comfortable with that but I am also aware of associations that people make, and wanted to address this because of HoP. I don't want these same people to think less of HoP because they have formulated an unfounded opinion of me.

I was also PM'd (thank you wink ) and asked why I mention things like that I am the only woman on the documentary or (in the past) that I had pushed for the safety video (which isn't the truth of what I said) because it made me seem that I like to toot my own horn.
I wanted to address that here as well.

I didn't push for the safety video. I mentioned it and Malcolm and I talked about it to make it happen. I said that in the thread to head people off at the pass who would think when we came out with it that we somehow stole their idea.
AND
Being the only woman on that aforementioned video *is* a HUGE thing. In the American Sideshow, when I started, I was looking for a teacher and was informed that women made better assistants. Hell, when I started on HoP forever ago men outnumbered the women and there were a few who were really down on fem fire peeps and how we handled ourselves differently. I became really good friends with a guy in Aus *because* he stood up for the women. We like to think that everything is fine on the equality front, and let me tell you it really isn't here in America. So it really is a big deal to me.

See...I am not really even *that* egotistical. wink

Anyway, thanks for hearing me out all. I do appreciate it, and the PMs and emails I have been receiving.

Ado, I thought so to for awhile but I have met those who work at HoP central and Flash Fire so I know they are real. I even have photos to prove it. As for the others, well...Malcolm can be kooky, so your theory does hold water. I mean, have you ever noticed that Charles and Malcolm aren't on at the same time? wink

Pele

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
well I did hear the rumour YEARS AGO that you were going to marry me or even actually just meet me in person but I DO NOT BELEIVE IT TILL I SEE IT (hug it)

so I dare you to prove it ubblove hug

I miss you
shine on
Cass-not-even-interested-in those-who-doubt-the-rest

PS: Vanize... well I might have spread that rumour but how do you explain those sexy boobs then ???? rolleyes

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Gorgeous princess Cass!

I will still marry you in a heartbeat! I think I know a few young studs who would be insanely jealous though!

Perhaps if you would stay in one place awhile I would be able to catch you! Silly angel!

Much love always! I miss you sooooo much!
hug Pele kiss

Pele

FlamingOberonGOLD Member
ohm mani padme hum
134 posts

Posted:
I bet if any of the members spreading rumours about you were to look in your gallery or go to your website and look at the photos there and all that jazz, they would realize that all of those are fake too. you just found some other woman who does all of the things you SAY you do, then you take photos of her doing them, and then pretend those photos are you. I bet she is in on the game, too. I bet if I were to find that woman in those photos and I asked her, she would even SAY that she was you...

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
Pele rocks my world. I'm officially a fan.

I have met her, listened to her snoring and enjoyed her company immensely, and I can vouch for her. She's wonderful, compassionate, true to herself and above all, absolutely sincere and straight down the line in everything she does. She is also the most talented person I have had the pleasure of meeting.

I'll write a character reference for her any day.

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

4,224 posts

Posted:
Damnit ... you two gorgeous angels met ???? does it mean Pele was in OZ and did not come see me ? or did you Princess Flash go to the USA ???

much love
shine on
Cass

Seleniamember
28 posts

Posted:
I think, that this whole ''Prove it! Prove it! prove it!'' -thing with people comes from their lack of self-confidence. They can't handle it, that someone might be better than them, in some things. It's different than jealousy, because, IMO, jealous people just envy your skills, these people don't want you to possess _any_ skills. They wan't you to make a fool of yourself in everyone's eyes, so that they can prove to be better and greater than you.

I'm one of those ''Jack of all trades'', and I'm so tired to people, who comes to me asking me to prove myself to them. I tell them, that I don't need their belief to anything, so they can go to hell. I tell them, that I don't do things to compete with anyone, I do things only to amuse myself.

But of course it's more difficult, when something, like the credibility of HoP is involved. I think you did right, when you made it public, I don't see the people, who called you a liar, proving _their_ point here. And I don't know how it is in there, but here in Finland the prosecutor has the responsibility to prove his/hers accusations.

hug hug hug to all Jack-of-all-trades, keep up the good work. wink

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
Written by: Cassandra

Damnit ... you two gorgeous angels met ???? does it mean Pele was in OZ and did not come see me ? or did you Princess Flash go to the USA ???

much love
shine on
Cass

Princess Flash and Mistress Pele met at HOP Central in NZ. smile

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?

4,224 posts

Posted:
NO WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
when ????

sorry this is soooo off topic but i am incredibly excited to find that out... and shocked... could it be pele was in the area not so long ago?? and if so... can she prove it ? (now THT is on topic wink )

shine on
cass

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Cass Angel, for two weeks recently I was in NZ to take in everything and film the safety video with Malcolm. Princess Flash came and we had a grand time. As a result I am now the Mistress in Charge (like a CEO) of her fan club, as I am totally smitten by her lovely, witty, intelligent, talented yumminess. AND she talks in her sleep, which is very entertaining as well! wink

Written by: FlamingOberon

I bet if any of the members spreading rumours about you were to look in your gallery or go to your website and look at the photos there and all that jazz, they would realize that all of those are fake too. you just found some other woman who does all of the things you SAY you do, then you take photos of her doing them, and then pretend those photos are you. I bet she is in on the game, too. I bet if I were to find that woman in those photos and I asked her, she would even SAY that she was you...

Her name is Lynnie, and she happens to look and sound just like me. In fact, you are right, she would even say she is me if you catch her in the right mood. I just needed a photo double that day wink

Pele

4,224 posts

Posted:
I talk in my sleep too, can we have a slumber party alltogether ???

was GRAND chatting with you on the phone today I missed you terribly, and Flash too for that matter,

Shine on, sweet future wife, YOU ROCK
cass

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
aw, pele people are getting strange in their old/young age

hug

I think you've had a lot of these already but one more won't hurt so long as i don't squeeze you into a little tube.

congrats on the documentaries btw

kyri

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

Boo_BunnyBRONZE Member
Sparkely arty Mormon rainbow fairy
933 posts

Posted:
hug for super-cool Miss Pele and her amazing skills!
I belive you!

p.s. tongue to the doubters.

Property of Fine_Rabid_Dog

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
hug hug hug ditto

Why people why? its all just jealousy! I hadn't heard these rumours before. It usually is all about lack of self confidence and arrogancy-(and quite often these 2 things describe the same person). Its great that you don't let yourself be affected by it- there is no reason why you should- good for you grouphug

Live like there is no tomorrow,
dance like nobody is watching
and hula hoop like wiggling will save the world.

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
Pele's a liar and I'm a stripper.

It all makes sense now.

wink

tongue

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?

Kombi guyBRONZE Member
HOP OM
225 posts

Posted:
The picys you showed of your performing work when visiting us here at HOP central in NZ Pele were awesome hug........your passion for what you do should inspire those around you, not create ugly rumours,as you are amazingly talented at what you do (Ive seen the photos.. remember)......... I believe I still have one of your drawings on my kitchen table from your visit here and a half eaten bag of M&Ms that Flash left in my car from taking you both cruizing around the country side.....Speaking of photos, will send ya some shortly of Mal, you & Flash....... wink Takin while you guys were visiting our little corner of the globe... ubbrollsmile

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
Written by: Kombi guy

...and a half eaten bag of M&Ms that Flash left in my car from taking you both cruizing around the country side.....

Feel free to finish them off Chris! biggrin Or, you could let them sit on your table until the next time I visit. Although, I think it's quite a tradgedy when chocolate turns all white and powdery. *ponders* Maybe your dog would like them if you're not gonna eat them? What's his name again - is it Iggy, Eggie or Aggie - with your Kiwi accent, I couldn't tell :P

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?

Page: