MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
I was just thinking how there should be a channel on TV for learning to do things. If you wake up early enough, you can sometimes catch a yoga lesson... Or if you watch late enough at night you might see a guy teaching to paint landscapes... Theres a whole channel that teaches you how to cook... You can even learn some arts and crafts during the weekends... But why isnt there more of this type of programming on for all sorts of activity? Imagine a channel that had a weekly poi lesson, a daily dance-a-long show, Computers for Dummies, etc etc etc. Shows that people can interact with while they watch and learn how to do something in the process.

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

LycanthropeThe original drunk/stoned/vegetarian shapeshifter
209 posts

Posted:
because then people wouldnt have to pay to get lessons elsewhere. again it is moneys fault spank

Lycan:are you a citrus fruit?
Orange:no
Lycan:dam, i wanted to make citrus fruit pie.
*Lycan walks off completely unaware he has once again been outwitted by the intellectual orange*

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
There are plenty of cooking shows, yet people still go to school to learn more. Teachers would then just have to be good enough to out-teach a TV show.

We'll blaze a new trail,

-Me

Adya MiriyanaGOLD Member
*slou?
6,554 posts

Posted:
ooh... a poi show! Now that's a good idea! bounce ubbloco

drakematrixSILVER Member
Maker of the Cheesecake
174 posts

Posted:
they have one, it's called DIY network.

What exactly do I have to light on fire to get you to notice me?

nearly_all_goneSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,626 posts

Posted:
I think this is a great idea. A How To.. network, with a cooking channel, a DIY channel, a technology channel and a health channel.. I'd subscribe! I love learning new things.

the only problem is that TV tends to pitch to the lowest level at all times. For example, if someone happened to flick over to a poi lesson and they were teaching hyperloops or something, they'd be put off and probably wouldn't watch again.. so they'd have to constantly teach at a beginner level in order to be successful.. :s

What a wonderful miracle if only we could look through each other's eyes for an instant.
Thoreau

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Thats sort of true, and is the reason why there would still be need for teachers of such activity. But then again, its the same as any continually running show. If you dont see the first episode, you can still watch the second, but there may be some things you dont quite understand or connect with. People behind the scenes would just have to understand this and base the show around that fact. For instance, if a teacher uses the right techniques, I think he could teach a complete newbie hyperloops. When it comes down to it, are hyperloops really that much harder to learn than the 3 beat weave? I dont think so, its just that we've been programmed to think they are.

On top of all that, theres always reruns smile

We'll blaze a new trail,

-Me

the looney beanmember
45 posts

Posted:
whats hyperloops ?

those who are possessed by nothing possess everything